Chapter 28

MISSter mystery [hiatus]

 

Traces of the previous day are still very visible in the school. The students as well as the faculty are still ecstatic after winning most of the medals from yesterday’s hurdles meet. Of course, IU was the hero of this battle and every single person from the school reminded her of that as they all came to greet her wherever she passes by. She’s not used to this kind of stuff though, ‘cause she was originally a school outcast, just a geek that has friends which are even less than the fingers in one hand. She has been bullied for quite some time now and that was the normal happening in school, not what’s going on today. She wanted to hide for a bit and didn’t know where to go but she was shocked to see herself standing outside the physical therapy clinic. She was amazed at how her feet unconsciously brought her to this place. IU was about to go elsewhere when the door suddenly opened and Wooyoung came out.

 

“Miss IU, the gold medallist, is there something wrong?” He asked teasingly.

 

She blushed before answering pleadingly, “No. Please not that again.”

 

“What’s wrong?” He curiously asked.

 

“Well, mister. It’s just that it’s very different for me that they treat me as such. I’m used to bullying but praises, I don’t think I can take them without doubts.” She admitted.

 

“Yaaah! Mister again? Do I really look that old to you? But seriously speaking, you really did well yesterday and the people giving you praises are just saying those because you deserve it. And please don’t say you can’t take it. I’m sure they weren’t lying at all” He narrated.

 

“Okay. If you say so. But can I ask you one favour?”

 

“Sure. Anything you want. I still owe you my life, right?” He said smiling.

 

“It’s just that I’m a bit tired talking to people outside. And I have another 2- hour break before my next class. Is it possible for me to stay here? I mean, I’ll just sit on the side and not bother you at all. Just please let me stay.” She begged.

 

“Sure. No biggie. Have you eaten lunch?” He asked.

 

She actually hasn’t eaten lunch but she can’t tell him that. She doesn’t want to eat with him. She’ll be awkward and weird again, so she said, “Yes, I have. Go eat. I’m fine. Thanks for letting me stay here.” She smiled and looked through her bag to search for a book to read.

 

Wooyoung knew better. IU was faking. She looked pale and her eyes sparkled at the sound of food. So he decided to go out and buy some stuff for her at the cafeteria. When he came back, he had so many plastic bags at hand. He didn’t know what IU wanted to eat so he bought a little bit of almost everything on the cafeteria. IU saw him holding all those stuff and she can’t help but swallow hard and Wooyoung can’t help but chuckle. IU’s face turned red with embarrassment. She covered her face with the book. He then started eating the food and in several occurrences, he saw IU sneaking through the book and looking at the stuff he was eating. He noticed that she became even paler and when he couldn’t take it anymore, he shouted at her.

 

“Yaaaaah! Cut the act, okay?! I know you haven’t eaten yet and I didn’t buy this all for myself. I bought this much because I didn’t know what exactly do you like. If you don’t put that book down, I swear to you, I’ll throw it outside!”

 

“Why is he suddenly mad? What’s wrong with not eating?” She thought out loud.

 

“And you’re even wondering why I am mad?! Since you’re miss smarty-pants here, I’m sure you’re aware that you can be fainting any moment now because of an empty stomach. And who knows what Yoon-hee and Hyoyeon would do to me if they found out?! I’d be skinned alive. Do you exactly have any idea how vicious those two are?” Wooyoung said while shaking his head in disbelief.

 

IU stood up. “Fine! I’m eating. You could have nicely asked, you know.” She said as she sat down on the table where Wooyoung was eating.

 

Moments later, the two were having a great time laughing because of what happened. IU was re-enacting how Woo looked like when he suddenly got mad at her and Wooyoung would for looking so pathetic when he arrived with all those food. Then someone barged in the door.

 

“Bud--” It was Junho and he was using his all-male voice when he entered. Upon seeing IU in the room, he suddenly coughed and changed into his female counterpart before saying, “Baby! Oh! Hi IU! What are you doing here? I haven’t seen you all day.”

 

“She’s been hiding because miss gold medallist here isn’t used to all the people’s attention. Have you eaten yet?” Wooyoung answered.

 

IU knew that her short moment with Wooyoung just came to an end. In a few minutes, she will turn into a sad, pathetic third-wheel while the couple exchanges sweet nothings with each other. She wouldn’t want to see that so she excused herself the moment Yoon-hee sat on the table beside her.

 

“I should go. My class will be starting in half an hour. Thanks for the lunch, mister!” She said as she waved goodbye to the two and went out of the door. It’s funny how one moment she was so happy like she was on top of the world and then the following second, she feels so down like she was thrown to the pits of hell. ‘Maybe I like mister?’ She thought. ‘But I’m too young for that, am I not? But why do I feel so happy and shy and nervous when he’s around?’ She was concentrated in these thoughts when she bumped into someone and just felt herself landing on the floor.

 

“IU, are you okay?” It was her sister.

 

She immediately stood up, nodded her head and asked a question. “Sis, hypothetically speaking, if you feel happy and nervous and shy when someone’s around and then you’re sad when that someone is with his loved one, what do you call that?”

 

“IU, for a smart girl like you, how could you not know what that is? Well, if I feel that way towards someone, it’s probably because I like him.” She happily answered her sister before it dawned on her that IU never asked such a question before. “Yaaah! IU Kim! Why are you asking me that question? Are you seeing someone?”

 

“No! A friend just asked me. By the way, my class will start in a few. See you later at home.” IU said as she ran to her classroom.

 

“That kid, asking me questions like that. I haven’t even had the chance to tell her that I won’t accompany her later because mom and dad are coming home tonight. Aaaaish. I’ll just wait for her later.” She said before stalking off to the teacher’s lounge.

----------------------------------------

 

That same moment, a girl woke up in her hotel room, head hurting because of jet lag. She wanted to sleep more but she only has a few days before she goes back to the States. So she forcibly willed herself to get away from bed and prepare herself before going out to the grocery. It’s just a little past one in the afternoon and she still had plenty of time before her boyfriend gets off work. She very well knew that he loves chicken and she plans to cook two chicken dishes for him. She was also excited to give him some dried mangoes because he’s mentioned it a lot in their conversations. She went back to the hotel as fast as she could and started cooking. And since she was no stranger in preparing this type of meal, she finished quickly. She then went to shower and freshen up before visiting her boyfriend in his workplace.

 

Once she arrived at the school, she was so happy and she stepped out of the cab giving the old driver a greater amount than she owed him. She took a deep breath and walked towards the school gate. She noticed the huge banner and read there that the annual hurdles meet was recently held. ‘So, my baby’s been busy! I bet he’d be so surprised to see me here!’ She thought. Then as she walked closer to the gates many students started coming out. She entered the gates and went straight to ask the guards.

 

“Hi sir! I would just like to ask if Mr. Jang Wooyoung is still inside.” She asked. The guards were about to answer when Hyoyeon butted in and the guards let the teacher sit with the visitor in the bench.

 

Hyoyeon looked at the girl for a long time. She was waiting for her sister at the gates when she heard her ask for Wooyoung. She was thinking that she is a very cute friend of his and that her roommate, knowing how she can get jealous and moody at times, might take it wrongly, causing a lover’s quarrel. She was thinking this when the girl spoke.

 

“Hi. I’m Kim Taeyeon. Wooyoung’s girlfriend.” She said while smiling.

 

Hyoyeon, on the other hand, thought her ears just made her hear wrongly. “I’m Kim Hyoyeon. I teach here. And I happen to be friends with Wooyoung. You say you’re his friend?” she said wanting to confirm by putting emphasis on the last word.

 

“Oh. Did I say friend? I’m his girlfriend.” Taeyeon said, also putting much emphasis on the last word.

 

“I don’t want to sound like I’m meddling into your business and all since we just met but I don’t think you’re his girlfriend.” Hyoyeon firmly said.

 

“And you have the right to say that because?” Taeyeon snobbishly asked. This isn’t what she came here for. She just wanted to see him after a long time. She even cooked for him but this girl, who introduced herself as Wooyoung’s friend, was starting to piss her off.

 

“Because he’s together with Yoon-hee. They’re childhood friends. She’s actually my roommate.” Hyoyeon said matter-of-factly.

 

Taeyeon can’t believe what she was hearing but she hasn’t heard that name before and to say that they were childhood friends. That was absolutely insane. Then what she saw next made her face feel hot with anger and her eyes were suddenly filled with tears. It was Wooyoung, walking with his arm over a teacher’s shoulder. They were laughing while talking and they looked as if they were enjoying each other’s company so much. The two were nearing the gate and that was when Wooyoung took notice of her. He took his arm off the girl’s shoulders and ran to her, the girl following behind him.

 

“Taeyeon? You shocked me.” He said happily but then he saw that she was about to cry, so he asked her, “Babe, what’s wrong?”

 

She walked to him, threw the food she prepared in his face and slapped him hard before saying, “We’re over Jang Wooyoung!” 

 

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

new chapter here!!! i hope you like this one. it will give you a mixture of emotions. hahaha. 'cause that's what i felt while i was editing it. or maybe that's just me. so school started and luckily i have some chapters done during the break. i hope i can update faster. sorry for if i always keep you waiting. thanks for the support!!!