Chapter 7

MISSter mystery [hiatus]

 

Junho woke up a bit late but not too worried because he isn’t expected to be at school very early. His first class will be after lunch. He’s excited and nervous at the same time. He went downstairs to eat breakfast with his Aunt Shinyoung, Wooyoung and Suzy. He was shocked to see his two friends still at home because they usually leave very early and the three of them just see one another during dinner time. Both are busy looking for jobs and stuff that would help them thrive in the difficult city life. He’s very grateful to these three for accompanying him in his search for a sister he only knew existed four months ago. The awkward silence while eating was broken by Suzy.

 

“So, how was your first day? You weren’t found out right? Because you’re still here, I just thought that you’re supposed to be teaching girls right now?” Suzy asked.

 

“No, I wasn’t found out. You seem to have done not a good job but a great job with your ‘make-over’. I even have a potential suitor. And by the way, that guy is really creepy and crazy. He even attempted to kiss me. I almost punched him in the face.” Junho happily shared.

 

Wooyoung was laughing very hard when Shinyoung hit him in the head. “Mother!” He pouted. “Stop laughing. We have to be serious here. Junho, it’s okay to enjoy what you are doing but be very careful. Having people like that with so much interest in you are the potential people who could reveal your true identity.” Shinyoung seriously said, to which Suzy agreed as well.

 

“Aunt is right. You were here for a purpose and it’s very important for you to find her as soon as possible to save her from possible danger.”  Suzy reminded him.

 

Junho replied with a really serious face. “I know why I’m here and I’m really sorry to drag all of you here. Life is tough for me but especially for all of you since my purpose here wasn’t your business at all and being here with me is like putting knives near your necks. It’s like obliging you to kill yourselves for me. For that, I’m really sorry. I’ll just get some fresh air outside. I’m sorry again.” He stood up, bowed and went outside.

 

After some time roaming back and forth around the street, he saw that Woo followed him and watched him from afar. He went to him and stood with him under the lamp post.

 

“Buddy, I truly am sorry for dragging you all into this mess. I mean, you’re not supposed to be with me.” Junho didn’t even look at Wooyoung as he said this.

 

“Junho, stop acting like that. You didn’t ask us to come. We WANTED to come and help you.” Wooyoung said with much emphasis on the word wanted.

 

“I know that but sometimes I feel guilty because it’s as if I’m risking your lives for a cause that all of us here don’t even understand.” Junho said.

 

“Don’t worry buddy. Really, things happen for a reason. We’ll sort things out and find your sister.” Wooyoung tried to comfort him.

 

His mood lightened a bit with his buddy’s serious words. “So things do happen for a reason huh?!  How’s Taeyeon now?” He asked Wooyoung.

 

“She’s fine. I guess. She keeps telling me that America is a nice place to be at and she wants me to go there to work given our current situation here. But I said I can’t leave mother. You know, with you looking for your sister, no one will take care of mother and Suzy.” Wooyoung replied.

 

“Wait. What did you just say? She’s asking you to come to America? Why would she ask you that? Unless you two are...” Junho asked in disbelief but was cut mid sentence by Wooyoung.

 

“Yes. I admit. We’re sort of dating. I mean we both agreed to try out the long distance thing. We’ve been like this for 2 months now. And it seems to be working out fine.” Wooyoung smiled.

 

Junho smiled as well. “I knew it! I mean, you’re always on the phone or in an internet shop. I was thinking what you could be busying yourself with. But I’m so happy for you buddy.” He really is happy for his bestfriend. At least not all things and people dear to him are falling apart. Wooyoung’s happy confession to him made him realize that there could still be happiness amidst all the mess he’s experiencing in his life.

 

“Your mind seems to be travelling farther than America.” Wooyoung said to him.

 

“Of course not. Let’s go back now. Suzy and Aunt are probably feeling bad with the way I acted earlier. I’ll apologize to them again.” Junho said and they started walking back home.

 

As soon as he arrived, he found his Aunt Shinyoung cleaning up the area where they ate and she seems to be preparing a packed lunch for the three of them. Upon seeing her, he hugged his aunt which slightly made the old woman tear up.

 

“Aunt, don’t cry. I didn’t mean to say those things earlier. My emotions just got ahead of me. I know you care for me so much and you promised my father that you will help me, which is why we’re all here.” Junho patted her back trying to comfort her.

 

“I’m not crying...” the old woman denied. “...It’s just the onions I was chopping that made me cry.” She continued denying and then broke out from the hug, wiped her tears and placed her hands on Junho’s shoulders. “But Junho, you know you’re like a son to me and I don’t want you to be harmed. I’m sorry for nagging you earlier, for adding pressure to a hard enough task you have at hand. I just want you to be careful, that’s all.” She last said before continuing what she was doing.

 

He talked to two out of three people and he was somewhat successful. He thinks that Suzy, the toughest one, should be the last person he talks to. He knew the girl was still upset and he should let her calm down for a bit or else she’ll just cry so hard until she gets exhausted. Junho doesn’t want that to happen so he decided to talk to her a little later. Junho decided to prepare himself for school in the meantime. He figured he’ll talk to Suzy when he asks her to do his make-up for school.

 

After taking a bath, he dressed in the teacher’s uniform and while still a bit bothered by moving in a skirt, he proceeded to Suzy’s room. The door was slightly open and Suzy was wearing headphones and dancing like mad. Her back was facing the door so she didn’t notice that Junho was watching her. He has seen her dance many times in the past four months but still she never failed to amaze him.  She is now training at an entertainment agency and he knew that she’ll be very famous one day. Junho knocked but she still didn’t hear him so he just walked into the room and sit in the bed. Suzy noticed him and asked what he was doing there. Junho noticed that her eyes were puffy and still red.

 

“You’ve cried again because of me. I’m sorry to be such a burden to you.” Junho said.

 

“Don’t say that.” Suzy said as she sat beside Junho, she was starting to cry again. 

 

Junho wiped the tears that fell from her eyes. “Why do you keep crying because of me? I’m very sorry for what I’ve said earlier. I guess a lot of things were running through my head and I just feel guilty that I did this to all of you when you all weren’t supposed to be here. Especially you, you should be out there fulfilling your promise to your grandmother that you’ll go after your dream and you are here with us, with me, living in fear.” Junho explained to Suzy.

 

Suzy stood up and fixed Junho’s wig. She also started to put make up on him and continued their serious discussion. “You didn’t know that being in this place, I got the chance to pursue my dream by applying at the entertainment agency. You know we’re not living here in fear. Those people don’t even recognize us. They don’t know we’re helping you. So, right now, we’re all safe. I can say we’re living like detectives in a drama or something. We have this mission at hand and we’re all undercover agents here. You are the handsome lead agent.” Suzy said while checking his make-up.

 

Junho felt overwhelmed with what Suzy said. She always knew the right things to say and at what exact moment she should say them to make people feel better. She was right; he was probably worrying too much. Upon realizing this, his mood was instantly better. “Suzy, thank you so much for everything. And if ever you get tired of being this undercover agent with me, just tell me and I’ll let you go immediately. I just don’t want you to getting hurt, most especially. And please don’t cry because of me again, okay? It really breaks my heart to cause you such pain.” Junho said.

 

“Okay. I understand.” Suzy smiled brightly. Then she , “You really have a suitor in that school? Let him come over so that I can see the type of guys that fell for my masterpiece.” Suzy laughed.

 

“Hey! Stop teasing me!” He ordered her and back by saying, “Don’t you have to go to the agency? If not, just please take a bath because your smell and your sweat is starting to fill up this room. I won’t be able to come here any time soon.”

 

“Whatever! I’ll be going later but now, I think you have to leave because you’ll be late for school, Miss Yoon-hee. Go now! Take care!” Suzy waved goodbye to him after she pushed him out the door.

 

Junho went downstairs, got his lunch from Shinyoung and walked to the bus station with Wooyoung. Junho’s station was nearer than Wooyoung’s and he nodded at him when he was about to alight from the bus. As he was walking to the school gate, many girls greeted him and he smiled back in return. He is thinking of ways to find his sister in this crowd. He knows it is a bit impossible but he has to do it because it’s his father’s dying wish. He walked to the teacher’s lounge and greeted everybody, even Teacher Hyoyeon, with a bright smile. But that was before Principal Oh entered with a scary expression in her face. Junho felt weird that she was looking straight at him. Then she spoke.

 

“Teacher Yoon-hee, let’s speak outside. Now!” She shouted the last part which made Junho think, ‘What have I done now?’ Everybody in the lounge was staring at them, especially at him as he obediently followed the principal outside. 

 

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

So what's this about how? New characters will be appearing soon. please continue reading my story! thanks a bunch! :D