Chapter 23

MISSter mystery [hiatus]

Hyoyeon had a nice day. She was talking with Woo a while ago and she was congratulating him on he’s acceptance to the school plus advising on what he should do in the situation with Yoon-hee and the girls. She knew the situation too well because she was always there for Seohyun when the girls were harassing her the previous time. And since she knew she wouldn’t be able to help Yoon-hee directly because of their ‘history’, she decided to tell Woo what they should do thus further developing her closeness with another friend. After their talk, she went to the dorm room she shared with Yoon-hee cautiously because she thinks that the other girl will belt out her frustrations and just fight with her and say rude things. Good thing, her roommate/enemy still wasn’t there and she had all the happy time to fix her stuff and prepare for sleep. She went to the bathroom to have a quick shower when the bathroom door suddenly opened and she saw Teacher Yoon-hee with hanging wide open looking at her , showering body. It took her a few seconds to recover before she was able to shoo her out of the bathroom. And though the other girl left, Hyoyeon couldn’t seem to recover from the shock of another person seeing her body and so she immediately cleaned herself and went straight to bed, the sheets covering her entire body and pretended to be asleep as she thought, “So much for having a nice day!!!”

 

-------------------------------

 

Junho was running so hard because he needed fresh air for sure. He was able to get to the bench near the flower garden. He sat and followed how his heart was beating very fast probably not just from running but because of what he saw earlier. He lied down as he felt tiredness enveloping his whole body. His mind went crazy and had all sorts of thoughts. Aside from seeing babies on television, he, in his two decades on this world, had never seen a full grown woman’s body. He probably wouldn’t be able to get over that. And why did it have to be Hyoyeon? His roommate/enemy and the girl he loved. How will he be able to face her without thinking of what he saw in that bathroom? How will she react to him now? So many questions were running through his mind and these eventually put him to sleep.

 

--------------------------------

 

Junho woke up the following morning to the sound of giggling girls and probably the heat he’s feeling on his face. He couldn’t believe he was sleeping on the bench for all the student body to see. He stood up and brisk walked to the dorm so that he won’t be late for class. He was expecting a room without Hyoyeon because he knew she has an early class but apparently he was wrong. When he came to their dorm room, he saw Hyoyeon sitting in front of the mirror fixing her hair as she prepares before going to class. He saw her lift her head up to look at the opening door then immediately bowing her head down as she saw that it was him who entered. He wanted to laugh at how cute she looked at that moment. Her cheeks were red and she kept dropping things when he entered. But of course, he can’t laugh, how ungentleWOMANly would that be? He was actually laughing at the thought. He decided to do the right thing, he controlled the laugh for it to become a sweet smile then approached her and poked her with his fingers thrice before he finally got her attention. He started speaking,

 

“Hyoyeon, i know it was rude of me to be barging in to the bathroom last night. I apologize for that” He then saw her lifting her head to look at him.

 

“Well, what happened was really... HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!!!” she looked up at him and laughed so hard after seeing his face.

 

What is this girl thinking? I’m here sincerely apologizing and she bursts out laughing like that.’ He thought but when she didn’t stop laughing, he knew he had to confront her. “Excuse me but is there something wrong? Is there something funny on my face?”

 

“I’m so... HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!!!” Hyoyeon was about to apologize but she really couldn’t contain laughing. She’s even starting to tear up but who wouldn’t laugh at Yoon-hee’s face? She’s usually very, very pretty but at this moment, her beautiful face resembles that of a clown. She has an overly-sized lip as red lipstick was already reaching her cheeks. Her nose also has something red in it. Her face became excessively white with powder and whatever product that may be and her eyes are outlined with a shocking light blue color that almost reaches the drawn lips on her cheeks. Who can stop laughing at this look?

 

“Yaah! What’s wrong with you? Are you on drugs or something? Yaaah! Stop laughing!” Junho said as he was starting to get agitated. He bent down and was about to shake her to stop her from laughing when he saw his face on the mirror. “What the is on my face?” He screamed out loud which made Hyoyeon laugh some more. “Yaaaah! I already know now. I’m begging you, please stop laughing. I don’t even know if these things are removable!!” Junho said as he looked at Hyoyeon with his panic-stricken face.

 

Hyoyeon saw desperation on Yoon-hee’s eyes so she tried her hardest to suppress laughing and went to one of her drawers to retrieve a makeup removing towel. She went to Yoon-hee, who was now sitting on her previous spot looking at herself in the mirror.

 

“I don’t even know who did this. And I am supposed to be a teacher, an authoritative figure and my most possible guess is that the students were the one that did this. Why would they? Shouldn’t they respect me?” Yoon-hee asked sadly.

 

“Well, don’t worry! It’s probably just a phase. For sure, you had this one great crush when you were younger and you’re a bit possessive towards him. That’s what the girls are feeling right now towards Wooyoung. They’ve done this before. It’ll be over soon. You just have to be strong.” Hyoyeon said as she started wiping Yoon-hee’s face.

 

Junho liked what was happening. It’s as if he was getting closer to Hyoyeon and he surely liked it. He wondered what he was doing in his entire stay in this school and why he wanted to fight with her. ‘It was nice being friends with her, so why fight?’ He thought to himself. Though he still didn’t understand what she meant with being possessive over one great crush, it doesn’t matter right now because while she was wiping his face, he made up his mind.

 

“Hyoyeon, I’m sorry.” He said which made the other girl stop what she was doing.

 

“About your bathroom entrance? Forget that. It was nothing. Probably something we could laugh on some time later.” She said smiling.

 

“No, not that.” Junho said.

 

“Then, what?” Hyoyeon asked curiously.

 

“About everything. The things I said, the mean things I did, I apologize for all of them. I was probably scared of losing the job ‘cause of finding my... ” He said and as he realized what he was about to divulge, he stopped abruptly.

 

“Finding your?” Hyoyeon asked again in curiosity.

 

I’m screwed. I’m such a big-mouth! What should I tell her now? There’s no reason for me to tell her about Ji-eun.’ Junho was already looking very panicked when Hyoyeon lightly slapped him in the face. “Yaaaaah!” He shouted.

 

“You’re spacing out. I’m sorry for the slap. You were saying something about not losing the job because you are finding something. What was that about?” Hyoyeon said.

 

“Oh, about that. I was actually finding my purpose in life. Yeah, my purpose in life...” Junho said.

 

“HAHAHAHAHAHAHA! I didn’t know you were that deep. I guess I should talk to you more often. You seem like you’ve gone through so many things at such a young age. You seem so mature!” Hyoyeon said in disbelief.

 

“Well, I guess so.” Junho just said. He was just relieved that she didn’t ask some more or else his secret would have been revealed.

 

Silence enveloped the two before Junho spoke once again, “Umm, I was wondering can I be your friend as well? I mean, I only have IU and buddy in this school. Adding another one wouldn’t hurt, right?”

 

“Buddy? Are you talking about Wooyoung? Is this some cheesy term of endearment? HAHAHAHAHAHAHA.” Hyoyeon asked before she laughed so hard. Then  she continued wiping Yoon-hee’s face when she caught a glimpse of her watch and saw that she was about to be late for class. “Oh shooooot!!! I’m late for class!” She run hurriedly towards her bed, get her bag and left for the door, not even glancing at Junho for a proper goodbye.

 

Oh well, I guess what I did were really horrible things and she doesn’t want to be friends with me...’ Junho thought sadly. And as he was immersed in this deep thought, the door suddenly opened and there she was, the person who he was thinking of, smiling at him. She then spoke, “I’m sorry for that. By the way, I heard you cursing earlier. I remember someone said to me on our first meeting that no cursing should occur in an all girls catholic school. We should be role models, you know? Hahahahaha! See you later, FRIEND!!!!!” And then she was out of sight.

 

And there Junho was, sitting alone in the silent room which is now being slowly filled by his heart’s loud and rapid beating. He couldn’t help but smile to himself.