Chapter 30

MISSter mystery [hiatus]

 

Taeyeon was at the hotel lobby, trying to ask some butler to get her stuff from her room when she saw Wooyoung being pushed off a cab by his “other girl”. She can’t help but smile sarcastically. ‘He even went here with that woman. Unbelievable!’ She thought. And that was when Wooyoung saw her. She immediately left the area of the receptionist and headed straight to the elevator. She clicked in her floor number as fast as she could but Wooyoung beat her to it. He immediately pushed the emergency button and stopped the elevator with only the two of them inside.

 

“What do you want?” She asked.

 

“I’m here to explain to you everything. We can’t argue like this, babe. We can’t end like this.” Wooyoung said.

 

“You even dare explain to me when I clearly see that you went here with that woman. You’re unbelievable! You’ve turned into a monster, Wooyoung! I don’t think I even know you anymore. You changed so much from the last time I saw you.” She said trying to not show any emotions though her voice was already shaking.

 

“Tae, I know you won’t believe any of this but I’ll just say everything to you. Listen with your heart so you know that I’m telling the truth.” He said as he blocked the emergency button of the elevator just in case Taeyeon wanted to “escape”. He then continued speaking. “Babe, I have told you that Junho came back and he was searching for his sister. I was happy to be able to help him when I was hired at that school. You see, Junho needed to dress up as a woman so that he could hide his identity. He thought that he will endanger our lives by staying as a guy after the accident that happened to me. So Suzy dressed him up like that and he entered the school as a teacher in hopes of being able to interact more with the students and find his sister in the process. When he was there some crazy gardener took interest in him and tried following him around and he was scared that he might be found out if that guy shows too much interest. So, that’s when I entered the picture. Junho asked me to be his pretend boyfriend just to shoo away his crazy suitor. You see, even before I was hired in that school, I was already pretending to be Junho’s boyfriend.”

 

Taeyeon was intently listening before interrupting with, “And you didn’t tell me this because?” She was waiting for him to answer but he just remained silent. “You couldn’t even give me one damn reason for what you just did. God, Wooyoung! You’re pathetic.”

 

“I also don’t know. I just thought it would be a funny story when I tell you in person since we’ve been talking so much about you coming home.” He answered as he bowed his head.

 

Taeyeon snapped after hearing that. “And you think all this is funny? You wanted me to believe that you’re girlfriend was really a man and you’re just pretending? Grow up, babe!” But it was too late for her to take that back.

 

“You called me babe.” He said but in a tired tone. He paused, held Taeyeon’s hands and stared straight at her eyes before he continued, “We did that pretend thing because of the creep messing up with him. We can’t let the secret out just yet because his sister might also be in danger. When I got the job, we figured that we have to continue the act so that no one will suspect whatever mission Junho has in that school. And even after all that, we don’t have a single clue as to who that kid was.”

 

“You really think I’m gullible do you? Just because you succeeded in making up one dramatic, Emmy award winning story, you think I’ll just believe you? You’re crazy.” She said, tears welling up on her eyes.

 

“I asked you to listen with your heart, right? You know that i can never lie to you. Never cheat on you! I can never do those things. I’ve already said my piece. And if you don’t believe me, maybe you’re not the Taeyeon I used to know. Maybe what you said about long distance relationships was right. Maybe we’re not meant to be.” He said as he inched his way closer to her and cupped her face. “Maybe you’re going back to the States after this and we’ll never meet each other in this lifetime. But Taeyeon, I was never lying when I said I love you and you will be my first and last love.” He said this and kissed her gently on the lips. He broke off the kiss, pressed the elevator button which opened the door and got out from it, leaving a crying Taeyeon behind.

 

Wooyoung was crying as he walked out of the hotel’s entrance and hailed a cab. He couldn’t believe he just let her go like that. He aired his side and she still didn’t believe him. Sitting in that taxi, thinking of his lost love, he bowed his head and closed his eyes wishing that everything was just a dream. The vehicle continued moving and Wooyoung was oblivious to the fact that Taeyeon was trying to catch his cab before it went out of her sight. 

 

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

There! Another chapter. It’s a sad one, though. I was feeling sad as I wrote this. And by the way, I’m sorry for using some curse words for Taeyeon’s speech. I just have to release that anger through cursing. I really apologize for that. I hope I was able to relay this chapter’s emotion to you. Please comment and tell me your thoughts.