Chapter 14

MISSter mystery [hiatus]

Suzy said something that made Yoseob stop. As he was taking the buttons of her blouse off, Suzy’s mouth opened and she called out Junho’s name.

 

“Junho.” Suzy said.  

 

Yoseob was frozen at the moment. It could probably be because a thing like this has never happened to him before, another person’s name called out when it was him trying to make love. He stopped and went out of the room in an instant, he heard Suzy calling him but he can’t come in there. He sat at the stairs and stayed there until Suzy stopped shouting. He knows himself better than anybody else but his brilliant brain can’t figure out what just happened in that room. Did he just felt hurt? Was that the type of pain Suzy was talking about? How could he feel it? Does he love her already? That fast? What will he do now? All these thoughts went away when he fell asleep in the stairs.

----------------

 

The same morning when Wooyoung woke up in the hospital...

 

Suzy’s head hurt so bad and she can’t remember much. She sat on the bed and saw that her sweater was removed and some of her blouse’s buttons are open. She was about to scream then she remembered something. She remembered kissing the mister from the agency. Then she was about to have with him but he suddenly left. Suzy was relieved that she was still a . She was able to save herself from that disaster. She fixed herself and prepared to go home, she came outside then saw the man sleeping in the stairs. She was very happy that he respected her in a way so she came back to the room, took a blanket, put it over the man’s sleeping figure and kissed him on the cheek as a way of saying thank you. Before she left, she said, “Thanks mister. I owe you one!”

 

Yoseob heard some noise in the room but he pretended to be asleep. He couldn’t bear talking to her. He still felt that stab in his chest that he was trying so hard to ignore. So he closed his eyes and waited for what will happen next. He then noticed that she was leaving. It seemed that she saw him in the stairs and she went back inside the room. ‘What is she doing?’Yoseob thought to himself. Then he felt immediate warmth after she covered him with the blanket. For the second time in less than 24 hours, the thing that happened next surprised him. He felt her lips on his cheek and heard her say that she owed him one. Then he heard her footsteps as she left the hotel room. As he watched her close that door, he finally convinced himself that he liked Suzy for real and this isn’t a job for his fatner anymore or a task with the sole purpose of entertaining him. He promised himself that he will slowly inch his way onto her heart and make her forget all the sufferings she’s having with Junho.

 

-------------------------

 

Suzy was walking on her way home when she remembered that she turned her phone off yesterday. She took the gadget from her pocket and saw that she has many messages. Mostly from two numbers, one from Junho and from another one she didn’t knew. So Junho was probably searching for her and she’s still mad at him so she ignored his messages. Then she opened the messages sent by the unknown number, she read the messages and she started to sprint home. Wooyoung seemed to be in danger because the message went like this.

 

“HI. I FOUND YOUR NUMBER ON MR. JANG WOOYOUNG’S ID CARD. YOU HAPPEN TO BE THE PERSON TO BE CONTACTED IN CASE OF EMERGENCY. HE’S IN THE CITY GENERAL HOSPITAL NOW. HE WAS STABBED AND BROUGHT HERE. PLEASE COME OVER AS SOON AS YOU GET THIS MESSAGE.”

 

She ran so hard that she was very exhausted when she arrived home. She saw worried faces of her Aunt Shinyoung and Junho both sitting on the couch and talking seriously. Upon seeing her, Shinyoung burst into tears and hugged her so tight while Junho eyed him intently. She can’t speak clearly so she just said in between gasps, “Look... at... my... phone...” she then gave her phone to Junho. Upon reading the message, the three rushed to the hospital.

 

Back at the hospital...

 

Wooyoung woke up to see two persons whispering on the side of his bed. One was the girl who he saw sleeping in his bedside earlier this morning and the other one was a bit older and probably the same age as his. The two seemed to be talking about something nice because they were both smiling. He interrupted them because he really needed to call Junho or Suzy.

 

“Hi. Thanks for bringing me here. I remember that I fainted in front of you at the mall. I’m sorry for the disturbance. May I borrow your phone? It seems that mine ran out of battery yesterday.” Wooyoung said to the two.

 

“Oh. Hi. It’s good that you’re awake now. By the way, my name is Hyoyeon and this is my sister IU, she helped you yesterday...” She said then rummaged through her bag for a phone and she continued speaking, “... We’ve been trying to contact the emergency number in your ID card but no one answered. Here’s my phone.” She gave the phone to Wooyoung. “We’ll get you something to eat first. Make your call now. See you in a bit.” Then the two girls disappeared.

 

He then dialled Junho’s number and there’s no answer. He then dialled Suzy’s number. Fortunately, she answered.

 

“Hello. Who’s this?” Suzy said.

 

“Hey Suzy. It’s me Woo. I’m at the City General Hospital now. Can you come here?” He said.

 

Then the door opened. He expected to see the sisters but it was his worried friends Junho and Suzy and his crying mother who came in.

 

“My son, how are you? What happened? Are you okay now?” Shinyoung asked.

 

“Mother, I’m still a bit weak but I’m already fine. There are sisters here who helped me and they went downstairs to get me something to eat. I just happen to forget their names. Just wait until they come back. And stop crying, please.” Woo said to his mother.

 

“Woo, I’m really sorry. I know you put me as the person to be contacted in case of emergency because we cannot expose Junho just like that. And you were never in danger. Then the one time, I turned off my phone, something bad happened to you. I’m really sorry. I’m really, really sorry. I don’t know what to say to lessen the impact of what I’ve done but I just can’t find words. I’m just so sorry.” Suzy said while starting to tear up.

 

“No, don’t cry please. I’m still alive, why are you all crying! Stop that. You’re making me even weaker. Please cheer up. Hey buddy, why are you so serious over there?” He said to the three and eventually focusing on Junho.

 

“I’ve been doing some thinking. Can you tell us what exactly happened to you?” Junho said. He was still in his Yoon-hee clothing. He cannot risk going out dressed as himself. Especially after he heard that his friends are missing. He had this feeling that if something bad happened to them, it would all be the doing of the person who killed his father.

 

After hearing Wooyoung’s story, it didn’t seemed like an accidental attack because the people who did this knew who Wooyoung was and since he doesn’t know anyone in the city, there would be no one that would want to hurt him other than the same people looking for him. So, he was right and if Wooyoung already got hurt, his Aunt Shinyoung and Suzy are probably next. He stood up from his seat and said, “Hey, I’ll just go home and pack some clothes for you. I’ll come back later.” Then he left.

 

A few minutes after Junho left, Hyoyeon and IU came back to find that the patient already had company. They bowed to the older woman and introduced themselves.

 

“Good day. I’m Hyoyeon and this is my sister IU. We brought some food.” Hyoyeon said.

 

“Thanks to both of you. I’m Shinyoung, Wooyoung’s mother and this is Suzy. Thank you so much for saving my son, especially to you, little miss. I heard you brought him here all by yourself. We’re sorry to trouble you.” Shinyoung said, which made IU smile.

 

Just as they were introducing themselves, Suzy remembered that Junho didn’t have his phone or his wallet with him. So, she was troubled that he’d have a hard time getting home. So she excused herself and said that she will help getting clothes as well. She was thinking of how she will talk to him and she had many things planned but when she saw him sitting in the bus station, all the things she thought of got lost. Even when he was dressed as a female, she still saw him as that person whom she loved for nine years. He got on the bus and sat at the back, Suzy was able to catch the bus and sat beside Junho.

 

“You came. I thought you’re mad at me or something.” He said.

 

“I tried to catch you because I know you didn’t have any money with you so how are you going to pay this bus, huh?” She was trying very hard to smile. And she was already having difficulties with it.

 

“Stop faking a smile. You’ll only get tired.” Junho said. And Suzy was amazed. He knew her completely well. It was like he was reading her mind. She lived with Wooyoung longer but he isn’t like that. The only thing Wooyoung can understand about Suzy was the only thing Junho can’t understand, her true feelings.

 

“So, where were you last night? What have I done to get you so agitated? You even turned off your phone. And it seemed like you didn’t really want to see me because you didn’t go home.” Junho asked her seriously.

 

She didn’t answer him immediately. She didn’t know what to say. They reached their stop and got off the bus. She still don’t want to answer his question and just like how he easily reads her mind, he said, “So you don’t want to talk about it? Okay, I respect your decision. I’m just happy that you’re safe. By the way, I have something in mind.”

 

“Thanks for understanding. What are you thinking?” Suzy asked.

 

“I thought that the only person who could do something of this extent is the same one who killed my father. I mean, based on Wooyoung’s story, the guys who stabbed him knew who he was. And since they knew where they can find him, you and Aunt Shinyoung are probably the next people to be harmed. So, I was thinking that you could move to another place.” He said.

 

“We move to another place?” Suzy emphasized the world ‘WE’ then continued with... “And how about you?” She asked him.

 

“I don’t know yet but I should stay away from all of you. You don’t have to get away from the city but I should think I should live far away from you guys. I was with Wooyoung the while day yesterday and whoever those guys are, they probably saw me. And take me as their next target.” He explained to Suzy.

 

They reached home and while Suzy prepared food to bring, Junho was upstairs preparing clothes. He also prepared his clothes. He already knew where he would be staying. He went down and told Suzy about it. 

 

“I already knew where I’d be staying.” He said.

 

“Where?” She asked.

 

“I’d stay at the teacher’s dormitory in the school. It’d be like hitting two birds with one stone. I will be far from you and keep you all safe and at the same time, I can look for my sister faster since I won’t be leaving that school.” Junho said as he smiled with the brilliance of his idea.

 

Suzy wasn’t able to do anything but just smiled and think to herself, ‘I guess it’s better that you’re leaving. That way I could start all over again. Start a life which doesn’t depend on how you view me to make me feel happy. I guess this is all for the better’