Special fan XXXVIII

Special fan
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Ten chevaliers and the two mermaid princess were waiting outside your room while Suho and Lay worked together to heal your wound. Lay managed to stop the bleeding while Suho separated your blood from the water and put it on a bottle for them to drink in case of emergency.

Afterwards, the two left you to sleep and joined the others updating them about your situation. Baekhyun was still drowning in guilt while the others assured him that it wasn’t his fault. The mermaid princesses apologized for their sister’s actions and promised to keep an eye at her knowing how dangerous the situation is for both Nana and you. 

Still, somehow understanding Baekhyun’s feelings, the eleven let Baekhyun stay with you the whole night doing nothing but watching you sleep while the others helped fix the damage the which fruit made. There was no such thing as dark night in Neró so the chevaliers could move freely.

 

In her room, Nana was trembling in anger. Her hair in the deepest shade of black along with her eyes and her tail was becoming darker as well. “How can you leave me for that pathetic human Baekhyun?” she cried. “Isn’t my love enough for you?” more tears mixed with the waters surrounding her as she let anger consume her.

“It’s not Baekhyun’s fault.” She told herself. *It’s that weak human girl. She must die! I won’t let her take Baekhyun away from me!* her breathing was unstable as her tail became an ugly combination of brown and black. She swam towards the wall where her bests sphere was displayed and took the sharpest one before going out to get rid of the nuisance between her and her love.

Xiumin was helping Kyungsoo lift a giant coral away from the ruined house when he felt chill on his nape. Dropping the coral, he looked at Kyungsoo and the latter seems to have felt it too. “We should go back.” The older said. “I’ve got a feeling Jade or Baek is in danger.” He explained and Kai was with them in another second. Everyone gathered around them and Kai teleported them back to the castle.

 

Back at the castle, Baekhyun was holding your cold hand, unknowingly letting his tears get mixed with the waters. He felt like killing himself for letting you go through all the pain and he was disappointed at himself for letting a small potion get to him and make him hurt you. To Baekhyun, they can break his limbs, tore them apart and he wouldn’t even make a squeak as long as you’re safe and happy. But seeing you hurt breaks him in many ways that he prefers dying in an instant than seeing you in pain.

The way he saw your limbs almost getting torn apart broke something in him that he felt he’s unworthy of you for letting that happen. And the way you smiled when he came back to his senses despite of your condition made him feel less than unworthy.

His thoughts came to an end when he heard a knock. “It’s me Raina. Food ready.” The princess said and Baekhyun shook his head before turning back to his real princess. “I’m not hungry.” He told. “I don’t know if you’re aware of it but we can only survive with Jade’s blood.” He said and he could feel Raina nod.

“But I really think you should at least try to eat. Jade won’t like to see you drowning in self-pity because none of it is your fault.” The princess said. “Jade has a kind soul even if some of her actions and gestures tell otherwise. And knowing that fact, she’ll start to pretend she’s okay once she feels that she’s making those who are important to her worry. You don’t have to leave the room. I’ll tell one of the servants to serve the food here.” She said and was about to go when Baekhyun stood up.

“You’re right. Jade will probably scold me if she wakes up and I’m all eyes on her.” he chuckled, already imagining the frown on your face. “Maybe I’ll just grab a few servings for Jade to eat once she wakes up.” He said and Raina smiled.

“I can tell the servants to bring food here then.” She said but Baekhyun shook his head. “Actually, I want to do it myself. I want to cook something special for her and since fire is out of the question, maybe you can just help me wipe up something edible for Jade.” He told and Raina gave him an amazed look.

“Who said we don’t have fire?” she asked and Baekhyun blinked before gaping. “No way.” He mumbled and Raina just laughed. “Yes way, Baekhyun-ssi. Now let’s make that special dish you want to make.” She said and Baekhyun followed but not before dashing back at you and giving you a gentle

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter