Special fan XXXII

Special fan
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

The matokis invited you in their main base after that and there, Lay treated your wounds. You thought it wasn’t anything serious but it seems like the monster’s grasps did left a deep cut on your upper arm with its nails when it grabbed you.

 

Suho and Kris went with Yongguk to fix the funeral of the five unlucky matokis who died while Kyungsoo and Chanyeol went to prepare food for you in the base’s kitchen. Minseok, Kai, Luhan and Sehun went with Jongup, Youngjae and Zelo to fix the damages in the forest. Himchan went to get information from his friends concerning the orb while the others stayed with you in the base.

 

Lay was stitching your would while Jongdae, Baekhyun, Tao and Daehyun winced while watching you get treated and the only matoki in the base felt guilty. You got that wound because you have saved him despite of the horrible things he said about you.

 

You felt uneasy with everyone’s stares so you cleared your throat and they met eyes with you. “How’s the matokis?” you asked and Daehyun shook his head. “They’re dead. They’re a family of five: a Grandfather, mother, father and 2 children matokis. According to their neighbors, they went there to get some fruits and do some family bonding in the forest but that happened.” He told and you can only sigh, still upset for not being strong enough to protect that family.

Chen glared at the matoki and said “It’s not Jade’s fault they died. She tried to save them and you saw it.” He spat out and Daehyun stiffened before looking away.

“I know that! I didn’t say anything.” He mumbled before walking out of the room, ashamed of his previous action.

Maybe the vampire lord can’t save everyone. But she’s trying and even if she has to sacrifice her life, she’d do it. Daehyun knew that and it made him feel more terrible.

 

A strong storm came in in the middle of the night and some smaller matoki houses got blown away by the violent wind. The roar of the thunder woke you up and saw the commotion happening.

Peeking at the window, you saw your chevaliers helping the matokis evacuate their homes and lead them in to the main base where you guys were staying. You were on the top floor so you couldn’t feel the commotion but from where you are, you could already guess how chaotic the lower floors must be.

 

“These guys just wants to keep me asleep through everything, like seriously.” You rolled your eyes and went to the bathroom to wash your face and help downstairs. You came out of your room and was about to dash downstairs when Daehyun and Baekhyun stopped you like they all saw it coming.

“You should rest Jade. Your wound is not fully recovered yet. Lay told us that it’ll take a week before it heals completely.” Baekhyun said taking your hand on his. “I’m fine oppa. I saw what’s happening and I want to help. I won’t go out in the rain nor push myself to work. Just giving them towels to get themselves dry will do for me.” You explained but the look on their faces remained the same, unconvinced.

“Knowing you, you’ll push yourself to work until that wound of your opens up.” Daehyun squeaked and you frowned at him. “Shut up, matoki. Go down and help. You’re of no use here.” You stuck your tongue at him and he gawked. “So rude for a vampire lord.” He exclaimed and you just rolled your eyes.

 

Baekhyun chuckled, happy that you got another ‘friend’ and pulled you closer to him. “Jade, he’s here to say something. Right Daehyun?” he encouraged the matoki and Daehyun shifted his eyes away before clearing his throat.

“Look… uh… I’m sorry okay? I’m not taking back my words since I’ve already let them out. But I still want to apologize for bashing you like that even though I didn’t know what really happened. I just want to tell you that if you need help, my brothers and I will be here for you.” He awkwardly said making you and Baekhyun smile. “B-but don’t misuse this chance or I will really going to destroy you!” that was an empty threat and it made you and Baekhyun laugh.

 

You were about to go down but Baekhyun pulled you back into the room. Saying a short ‘Good night’ to Daehyun, he closed the door and led you back to the bed. “Let’s rest for the night.” He said. “The hyungs told me to make sure you rest and I won’t have it any other way, Jade. It’s either you sleep with me or you sleep with me.” He said making you raise a brow.

“That term sounded weird oppa.” You said and he grinned. “You can give all the meanings you can give to it as long as you stay in bed with me.” He told and you shrugged before tucking yourself back to bed making him watch in confusion. Normally, you would’ve argued to him just to go down so he was a little bit taken aback.

“You going in? Turn off the lights before you do.” You told and he blinked before doing what you told and joined you to bed, carefully wrapping his arms around you without hurting your wound.

“Jade, why aren’t you arguing?” he asked and you sighed before turning to face him. You winced when you leaned a bit on your wound and Baekhyun sat up. “Are you alright? Should I call Lay?” he asked and you shook your head and pulled him to bed again. You rested your head on his chest before sighing.

“No. I just leaned on the wound a little. It’s fine. Let’s just rest.” You told him patting his chest gently. “I’m not arguing because this cut actually hurt and I want to feel better so I can help out tomorrow, at least.” You added and Baekhyun smiled before kissing you head.

“You’re becoming more and more mature, Jade.” He teased. “I think I’m more in love with you as time goes by.” He told in a sweet but serious tone. “Sorry if you can’t see it sometimes. I don’t want to keep you all to myself because I know the guys needs you too. But remember that if you need me or miss me, I’m always close by. I love you.” He said sweetly making you smile.

“I know oppa.” *That’s why I have nothing to fear even if I’m powerless and our enemies are the strongest creatures on earth. All because I have you. You and the other oppas, Joe and everyon

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter