Special fan XXXI

Special fan
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Not long after, you, again, fell asleep and Chanyeol slept beside you to keep you warm. It was then when D.O heard faint steps and elbowed Suho, who was dozing off, awake.

“Something’s coming.” He whispered and that moment, everyone except for the master was awake. “Who is it?” Sehun asked and D.O placed his ears on the ground. “The matokis.” He said, judging by the sound of their footsteps.

“What do they want now?” Chen asked, annoyed. He was ready to strike them with a lightning if they ever try to hurt you again.

“I don’t think they’re here for any more trouble.” Kris told. “I think Chen already scared them enough.” He reasoned and some agreed.

“I don’t want Jade to see them yet.” Baekhyun said and covered you with his coat. “Meet them outside.” He said and the others agreed. “Baek, Chen, Chanyeol, D.O and Kai will stay here. The rest will come with us.” Suho said and that was what they did. The chevaliers met the group not far from their camp and saw four of the matoki brothers.

 

"What do you want?" it was direct coming from Luhan. "We came to apologize for our brother's big mouth." Youngguk said. "His family has been killed by vampires and he had been hoping for the vampire lord to save our world ever since. You must understand how disappointed he was when he heard our supposed to be savior is now just a mere human." he told.

"Well, just to let you know, we were once humans." Lay smiled at them, not taking their words as an offence. "Sorry about Chen too. We chevaliers take great pride of our masters and seeing you being insulted like that really take the hit." he laughed. "I don't know if I should say this but you're lucky Joe's not here anymore or your brother might've really died back then."

"Who's Joe?" Himchan asked.

"He is one of us, Jade's first chevalier." Suho replied. "One of Jade's uncles turned him against us but since he was forever loyal to Jade, he sacrificed himself when we were trying to escape Jade’s uncles." Xiumin added. "Jade tried to rescue him and the 12 of us. That's why she lost her powers. She sacrificed them for us." he explained and the matokis felt guilty on how they treated the young lord.

“Our master is not really the type to say things like that to others because she wants to be seen as though and cold master. But believe me, she’s just a sweet kid who wants to protect everyone she loves.” Lay told.

"So you see, she didn't lose it because she's careless or anything like that. She lost it because she wanted to protect us. And if it makes you guys guiltier, she almost died because of it." Tao said and the matokis didn't know what to say.

"Jade doesn't blame anyone but herself for the lost though. And that brother of yours just made it worse." Sehun added with a shrug.

"We're sorry. We didn't know." Youngjae said and the chevaliers felt their sincerity.

"Apologize to Jade, not to us. She really took your brother's words to heart and she’s really down. Chen was so mad seeing her like that, he wanted to strike your house with a lightning." Kris laughed and the matokis gulped nervously.

"Don't worry, he won't do it because it'll upset Jade more." Suho assured them. "Just don't go near Jade until Chen gets over It. I'm sure Jade will forgive you guys and if Jade does, Chen will as well." he said and the matokis kept it in mind.

 

"We also want to say that we'll help you look for the orb." Youngguk said. "But you have to help us with our problems too. Matokis are disappearing and we have a hunch that it's the Level E’s who are causing them." he explained and the chevaliers nodded.

"We'll discuss this with Jade and tell you what we'll do after." Suho said and the matokis nodded. "For now, we'll go gather information about the orb and this problems of yours. See you in the morning." Himchan said and the matokis went away.

 

Just like planned, the chevaliers talked about with you after breakfast the next morning. You accepted the help calmly and went out to investigate with Chen never leaving your side. The chevaliers were right when they said Chen won't let the matokis near you and that was what the matokis did.

Other chevaliers asked the matokis information while you wonder in the territory. Having Chen tailing you everywhere made you feel uncomfortable and when you saw him distracted, you took the chance to investigate by your own. It was evening but the sun was still present, meaning that Level E’s won't show up so you're safe from any attacks.

You observed and looked for the

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter