008

My Stupid Arranged Marriage [EDITING]

You finally woke up after a long and deep slumber you had. The news of your marriage was enough to be a nightmare but last night you had a bad nightmare and you woke up at 5am, sweating. Now to think of the meeting with your in-laws made you so nervous and terrified.

"It's definitely going to be a tiring day" You mumbled as you made your way to the bathroom.

Done showering, as your usual days, you put on your school uniform and walked downstairs to have breakfast with your parents. It was kind of a tradition for your family to have meals together everyday but to skip it, was a bit offending unless you have some particular reasons to not to.

"Morning mom, dad" You greeted your parents with a small smile and giddily took your usual seat. Your mother gave you a small smile, not like your father who simply ignored you and continued reading his newspaper. You were used to it though. When he was reading something, it's almost impossible to make him pay his attention on people. He would be fully focus on what he was reading.

You took a sandwich with bacon which was your favorite breakfast and slowly ate it.

Done eating, you waved a goodbye to your parents and got into the limousine.

                                                                       


 

YOUR P.O.V

 

I arrived at my school and as usual, my friends arrived earlier. It was not surprising anymore to see them waiting for me at the front gate.

"Hi guys." I greeted them, smiling softly as I clung my arm with Minji. "Hey, Haneul" Minji said. She then gestured as to go to our respective class since she didn't want all of us to be late and got detention although none of us did.

I walked with my friends but then we all heard the students squealing over us and throwing compliments here and there for our attention. It wasn't like we weren't used to it though. This happens all day. They won't stop squealing over us even they saw us every single day. Don't they get tired? I guess no.

I rolled my eyes, annoyed.

We arrived soon after that and we took our seats, waiting for the teacher to come.

Our teacher came after about 10 minutes of waiting. She panted and sweats were all over her face and she apologized for being late. Not wasting any second, she then started her lesson and we started paying attention.

 

 

School ended at 2.00pm and I had only about two hours before the family meeting with my soon-to-be in-laws and I wasn't ready. I wonder how my future husband looks like. Was he handsome? Was he cute? Was he hot? Was he cold or was he friendly? A lot of thoughts were playing in my mind but I shook it off.

I waved at my friends before getting on the limousine and my chaffeur drove off.

Somehow, I felt like the journey was so short. Perhaps because I was too nervous?

I saw my parents waiting at the living room with all the formal outfits on. I sighed loudly, gaining attention from both of my parents as they turned around to see me standing at the front door, my legs practically glued to the floor.

Before I can say anything, my father spoke, "Be fast. We don't have any spare time to wait for you"

Nodding, I lightly jogged upstairs and went into my room just to see a dress on my bed. It was really gorgeous and beautiful. I gasped at how soft the silk was and how lovely yet simple the dress was. It was baby pink in colour which was one of my favorites, much to my happiness. It didn't look so grand much but it fits all my taste. I sighed in pleasure as I continued admiring the cute dress.

Then I realized there was a box beside my dress. I opened the lid of the box slowly and my eyes immediately caught a pair of baby pink in colour heels which matched your dress perfectly well.

"It's so cute! I bet it goes well with the dress" I sighed dreamily.

"Oh, I need to get ready now!" I had a quick shower and happily put on the dress on me and twirled around like a princess. All I need now is my beloved prince charming. Who would it be? Then, I wore the hells and it fits my feet well too as I let out an excited squeal.

 

I walked downstairs slowly, not planning to tear off the cute dress or ruin my new heels. I can't see my parents at the living room so I assumed they were in the limousine waiting for me already. I soon joined my parents.

When the limousine was off, I took out my phone from my purse and dialled Minji's number. Few seconds passed by and she finally pick up.

"Hello Minji? I want you to tell the others that do not call me for a couple of hours okay!"

"Sure. You are off to meet the family now?" Minji asked me. I can sensed a little bit of excitement in her voice because it was higher than usual. The pitch I mean. I chuckled and nodded despite the fact that she couldn't see me.

"Yeah! Oh I got to go. I just arrived. Talk to you later, Minji!" I hung up. My mom demanded me to go out and I did. We arrived at a grand restaurant of my father's friend and I walked towards the restaurant with a thumping heart.

END OF YOUR P.O.V

 

You and your parents entered the restaurant with a smile. The waiter gestured your family to the booked table for yours and his family at a private room. After three of you were finally seated, you looked around. Seemed like your soon-to-be in-laws haven't arrived yet.

After a few minutes, you heard people talking outside and quickly made your thought that that was probably your in-laws. You played with your phone, basically didn't give a damn about the family.

"Park Haneul. Get up and greet the family properly" Your father said and you obeyed obediently. You tried to steal a glance at the guy but because he was looking at somewhere else, you couldn't get to see his face clearly. You can see his mole under his left eye though and you thought it was familliar but you couldn't figure out where have you seen someone else with the same mole.

You ignored him since he didn't seem to pay attention to the boring talk either. The guy was staring at his left for the whole time which was the window. You wondered what so fun outside until he didn't spare a glance at you at all. Not like you care anyways.

"Shall we introduce our kids now?" Your father said a little bit too excitedly as the other family agreed.

Your mother who was next to you nudged your arm and your attention immediately drifted to her. She sent you some unknown signals which probably meant for you to introduce yourself and you nodded.

The guy infront of you still didn't spare you a glance and kept on staring into space. That's offending.

"Hi, I'm Park Haneul, the only daughter of Park Sungmin. I'm pleased to be here" You sat back and stared at the guy emotionlessly. But then you tucked out your phone and played games without paying attention who the guy was.

"How about you little guy?" The guy's mother pinched his arm and he winced in pain as his expression turned sour, annoyed he was being disturbed. He stopped staring out space and looked to the front and now it was his turn to not to see you who were too preoccupied with your phone. He shifted in his seat uncomfortably because he can felt bad vibe from this family meeting and shrugged before clearing his throat. "Hi, I'm Jung Daehyun. Nice to meet you"

Your ears managed to catch those very familliar name and looked up. You gasped, "You?!"

                                                                        

 


 

End Of Chapter 8!

How was it? I hope it is not disappointing! Thanks for reading and do suscribe, leave comments and upvote ^-^