Chapter 6

The Adventures of Marriage (Sequel to

Delilah's POV

When Elliot and I were finished he led me up to the recording studio so I could hear Jaebeom. There were multiple recording booths and other rappers but you couldn't hear any of them since they were being listened to through a pair of headphonees. Jaebeom was in the middle of rapping when I walked in, he was so focused he didn't realize I had came into the room. I sat in the chair next to Mr. Lee and he handed me a pair of headphones so I could listen to Jaebeom. 

Once he was finished he looked up and when he seen me he grinned at me and then his attention went to Dok2. He told him that he was doing a good job and  his debut might come sooner than he thought. 

After he heard Jaebeom rap, he wanted to hear him sing. He asked if Jaebeom had any requests and he choose some song I had never heard of. Right as Jaebeom was about to start singing my phone started ringing. 

I answered it to hear it was some movers delivering the beds for the other guest rooms. I didn't want to distract Jaebeom so I told Mr Lee to tell him I had to go since there was furniture at our door. He nodded I assumed he was going to delay the message. 

I was about to get in the car but then I realized all Jaebeom's notebooks full of raps and lyrics were in the back seats. I didn't want to carry all his notebooks back upstairs so I tried to flag down a taxi.

"You need a ride?" I was startled by a voice. I turned around to see Elliot.

"Uh no I'm good"

"It's going to take you a longer time to get a taxi and those mover men are going to get impatient"

I ignored him and coutinued to try to get a taxi. After fifteen minutes passed and not a single taxi drove by I gave up and took the ride offer from Elliot. 

As we were riding in his car I kept looking at him in the corner of my eye, keeping a close watch on him. 

"Is there a problem?" he asks me after he catches me giving him a dirty look.

"No, there's no problem"

"Is it just me or did I hint some hostitlity between you and I?" 

"I don't feel any hostility"

"I feel like you don't like me for some reason"

"I think you're just being paranoid" I comment and we go back to being quiet, but he keeps trying to make small talk. 

"If I did anything to make you not like me I'm sorry" he says.

"There's no need to apologize"

"Whatever you say" he sighs loud as if I'm crazy or something.

We finally get to the house and the mover men are sitting on my beds. I quickly get out and remind then I'm not paying them to sit around!

After they move all the beds upstairs into the two guest rooms, I turn around to see Elliot standing at the door way.

"Is there a reason you're still here?" I ask him.

"I don't want the wife of our new artist to not like me, so how about I take you out to lunch and we become friends? How does that sound?"

"I alerady ate" I don't hesitate to say.

"C'mon, don't be so quick to dislike me. I'm really a nice guy" he tries to persuade me. 

"If I don't are you going to keep insisting?" 

"Yes I am"

"Fine, I'll go" he was getting really bothersome. 

I then flashback to my drama club days in high school, back then I use to be minor characters, but today I would be an excellent actor and pretend I like Elliot just so he'll leave me alone. 

He took me to this small restaurant, it wasn't too fancy. We were seated and handed menus. I hurriedly choose what I wanted and watched as Elliot took hours to finally decide what he wanted. 

As we were waiting for our food, it was silent, until Elliot ruined it.

"So how old are you?" 

"I'm 23"

"What a coincedence, so am I" 

"Really?" I respond sarcastically but I smile as if I'm sincere

"Yeah, when's your birthday?"

"October 25th"

"So you're a Scorpio? I'm a Capricorn. Our signs are compatible" he explains to me, and I can't help but realize that's what he told me when we were dating in high school.

"Fascinating!"

Our food comes and I eat as Elliot continues to talk to me. I make short comments but I'm more focused on my food. 

Finally comes the time for us to leave. 

"So we're friends now?" he asks me as were standing outside my house.

"Yeah" 

He holds his hand out and I take it, but instead of shaking my hand he pulls me closer to him. 

"I've missed you Delilah" he whispers in my ear.