Chapter 5: Elliot the Idiot

The Adventures of Marriage (Sequel to

Deliah's POV

I paced back and forth in the kitchen, I wasn't sure what to cook. All I could cook was spaghetti and that's not a fancy meal, so I decided to Google a recipe. 

After scrolling through some recipes I realized I was not capable of making any of this.

"Spaghetti it is" I say and start getting out all the ingredients. 

While I was waiting for the noodles and meat to cook I glanced over at the clock and seen it was only 6:30. I was about to go watch some TV but then a flashback of me burning down my apartment came to me and I decided to just wait patiently in the kitchen.

After everything was cooked I proceeded on making the spaghetti. 

By the time I was finished it was 7:15 P.M. and I had to start getting ready. On my way up the stairs Jaebeom was coming down, fully dressed.

"Since you're already ready, make sure the spaghetti doesn't over cook" I instruct and he nods his head. 

Jaebeom's POV

While Delilah was getting ready, she gave me the job to watch over the spaghetti. I wasn't sure what came with the job so I just checked on it every few minutes. It looked fine every time so I didn't do anything to it. 

As I was peeking at it, I heard the doorbell ring. On my way to answer it I seen Delilah rushing downstairs. 

I opened the door to see Dok2 along with some others. I welcomed them all in and introduced them to Delilah. 

"Joonkyung, this is my wife Delilah, Delilah this is Lee Joonkyung" they shook hands and he then introduced us to his small posse.

After we were all acquainted with each other, Delilah went to go make everyone's plate. 

While sitting at the table, Dok2 and I were talking about me starting in the studio tomorrow. 

"I hope you're ready to show us what you got" his partner said, I believe his name was Eli, or that's how Joonkyung introduced him. 

"I sure am"

"We've been searching for a new addition to the label and I think we've made a good choice on-"

"Jaebeom can you come here?" Delilah interrupted Dok2

"Excuse me" I tell them and get up from the table. 

"Yes Delilah?" 

She pulls me into the corner.

"What's happening?" I raise an eyebrow at her.

"That guy, on the right of Mr. Lee, I know him!" she whispers.

"Okay? What's wrong with him?"

"That's Elliot!"

"Who?"

"Elliot! The guy I told you was my first love!" 

"The one that dumped you for a junior in high school right?" It was coming back to me.

"Yeah him!"

"Well what do you want me to do? Go beat him up?"

"Uh..well nothing I guess. That was a long time ago"

"You think he remembers you?" I ask her.

"I don't think so, he didn't react when he heard my name"

"Let's just keep cool and maybe he won't realize" I inform her and she agrees.

I walk back out and join everyone at the table and finish our conversation. Shortly after Delilah walks out and hands everyone their food. 

When we all sit down it's kind of quiet. All I can hear is forks hitting plates. 

"So what made you interested in Jaebeom?" Delilah asks Dok2.

"I seen some rap competition video online and I seen he was the winner so I looked more into it and seen videos of him rapping and singing and had to immediately get in touch with him" Dok2 explains.

"He can dance too" she tells him. 

"I didn't know that"

"Yeah, he has this dance group called AOM. You should look it up I'm sure there's videos online" she looks towards me. Making me look good in front of Dok2 would have to be added to the long list of why I love Delilah so much.

"So you can sing, rap, and dance. What can't you do Jaebeom?" Dok2 jokes and we all laugh. 

After we all finish eating we all go sit in the living room. 

"I can't help but notice how amazing your living room is? Is that hand painted or wallpaper?" Ellliot asks.

"It's hand painted. Delilah hand painted it" I answer.

"How long have you been painting?" he continues to ask questions.

"For a few years now" 

"You're really good" he compliments.

"Thanks" Delilah awkwardly accepts his compliment. 

Right as I was about to say something Elliot interrupts me.

"You know we need new designs for our company merchandise, would you be interested in that?" he says.

"Yeah, I would like that"

"I'm in charge of that department. If you could create some designs by tomorrow, I could look at them if you come with Jaebeom tomorrow" 

"Okay, I'll do that"

It's an awkward pause and Dok2 tells me he needs to be going and that he'll see me tomorrow.

We walk them out the door and say goodbye. 

"He remembered me!" Delilah blurts out the second I close the door.

"Why do you say that?"

"Did you see how he kept asking me questions?" 

'I think it's because he was going to offer you a job" I assure her.

"Well just to be safe. I'm not going to leave you side tomorrow, and you don't leave my side"

"He's your old boyfriend not a murderer" I point out.

"He might as well be. He broke my heart!" she states and goes upstairs as I go to the kitchen to clean the dishes. 

THE NEXT DAY

Jaebeom's POV

"It's hot outside so I don't want to put on pants, but I don't want to tempt Elliot the Idiot!" Delilah says as she raids through her side of the closet.

"Just put on whatever's comfortable" I suggest.

She finally chooses to put on peach colored romper and places a light brown cardigan over it. She ties her hair up into a high ponytail and finishes off with light brown flats. 

As were walking through the Illionaire building, Delilah makes sure to stay extra close to me, and she keeps looking back.

"What are you doing?"

"Making sure Elliot the Idiot doesn't sneak up on us" she answers.

"Please don't call him that when you see him" I advise her.

We finally enter Dok2's office and he leads us to the recording studio on the next floor. When we reach the elevator we see Elliot getting off.

"Oh Delilah you came. The designing room is this way" he points down the hall.

She looks up at me and I tell her to go and just calm down. She whispers to keep my phone on and lets go of me. 

I wave to her as I get in the elevator and she waves back.

Delilah's POV

I follow Elliot the Idiot to this big room full of sketches and computers. I look at some of the sketches and they're alright but I knew my designs were better. 

"So let's see the designs" he sits at a desk and I sit across from him. No one's in here but us and I'm getting suspicious.

I watch as he flips through my sketchbook. He flips through to some other stuff and I close the book.

"You're just suppose to look at the designs for Illionaire" I say.

"Sorry" he holds his hands up as if he surrenders, "the sketches are really good" 

"Thanks" 

"Since Jaebeom is going to be joining us I think we need some shirts for his debut'"

"I could do that" I write a note to myself in the corner of the page I'm on. 

If I can see your sketchbook again, I'll scan your designs so they can go onto the computers"

I hesitate to hand it to him, but eventually I do and he gets up and goes to the next room. 

I get up and look around some more as I wait for him to come back. I sit at a computer and press the button to turn it on, then I press a button that I assumed the scanner but it make papers begin to come out of the printer/scanner/ whatever it was. They all fall onto the floor, I quickly pick them up before Elliot the Idiot returns. 

I'm shoving them into my hand as I hear the door open. I push the papers under the computer table and slowly walk away from it. 

"The scanner in the other room was broken. I'll have to scan them in here" he tells me.

"Why didn't you just scan them in here in the first place?" I question.

"Because the one next door is fast"

"Sure it is"

I take my sketchbook from him and scan them myself. While we're waiting for them to show up on the computer I noticed on my pages were folded a little on a sketch that wasn't for Illionaire records.

Did he look through my book? Did he use going next door to the other scanner as an excuse to look thorough my book? Is there even a scanner next door?

I hit the button on my cell phone to listen to my ringtone and pretend I'm getting a call. I excuse myself and step outside. I look into the room next door and it's the janitors closet and there is no room on the other side

" I got my eye on you Elliot the Idiot!" I whisper to myself and go back inside.