Chapter 11

The Adventures of Marriage (Sequel to

Deliah's POV 

Reality struck when I got the bill for my rent. I knew I needed to get a job and I needed one now. For these past few days I've been filling out resumes and getting approving head nods but also receiving disapproving shaking of the head. 

I felt as if I was never going to get a job. 

"Why are you even searching for a job? Once I make it big, I can pay all the bills and stuff" Jaebeom tells me as I'm looking through the wanted ads.

"What does that make me look like? A lazy gold digger that's what!" I explain to him 

He laughs and reassures me. 

"You want me to get you a job and Illionaire?" 

"No it's okay, that's your time, I don't want to intrude" 

"Intrude? If anything you would make it even better than it already is! I miss you while I'm working" he admits.

"You miss me? I miss you too" I confess, "but still, being around each other all day, everyday will surely get annoying" 

He shrugs his shoulder and goes to the fridge to get something to eat. 

That next day I received a call from the museum that Jaebeom had entered my painting in. They told me they had something important to ask me and if I could get down there right away.

I quickly got dressed and headed down there, any news from an art museum was exciting news.

I was directed by the lady at the front desk to the back, and entered inside a room with " Art Museum Manager". Inside was a lady, she was older than me but not by many years, she smiled at me and shook me hand.

"Hello Delilah, I'm the manager, you can call me Lillian" she says as she takes a seat, and I wait for her to allow me to sit. 

"Your painting that was entered here a year ago is one of our most popular paintings in the whole museum" she informs me, " we're going to open up another department in the museum and we would be honored if some of your artwork was in it" 

My jaw dropped when she told me that, I never thought an art museum would ever be asking for my artwork.

"I would love to contribute some of my art!" I say not hiding the fact that I was extremely excited to do so. 

"Great. Each painting you give to us we'll pay a good amount of money for so don't worry about all the expenses of the supplies you'll be needing"

"Thank you for this opportunity!" 

"You're welcome. We'll be opening the new section in the Fall so you'll have enough time to get multiple paintings done right?" she asks.

"Yes, that's definitely enough time" 

I thank her once again and leave out. Once I get outside, I'm leaping in the air, smiling so hard, and I'm making noises regular people probably have never heard of. This was a life goal of mine, to be paid to do something I love! Just like my hubbie. 

Speaking of my hubbie, I was super excited to tell him. I drove over to Illionaire, I wanted to see his reaction to the good news. 

I went up to the studios where he usually was but he wasn't in there, I asked Mr.Dok2 where he was and he said he went somewhere with his assistant. Most likely to the break room he says and tells me where it is.

I follow his directions and seen Jaebeom sitting in the break room, with some lady. She was really pretty and she was sitting really close to him. 

I walked in and cleared my throat, Jaebeom looked up and greeted me.

"Delilah, this is my secretary. Ms. Kim, Ms. Kim this is my wife Delilah"

"So you're Delilah, I've heard a lot about you" she tells me and shakes my hand, "Jaebeom always talks about you"

"He does? He's never told me about you though?" I look back at him and he just flashes me a smile. 

"I just started working for him a few days ago" 

"I see" I nod my head, and keep nodding my head.

"I'll be going now" she says and exits.

"A lady assistant? I don't know if I like that?" I raise an eyebrow at the situation.

"Don't worry, you heard her, I talk about you all the time" he restates, I brush off the whole woman assistant and get back to why I came.

"I was asked to paint for that museum you entered my painting in, and they told me they're going to pay me for them!"

"Congrats!" he hugs me, "that's wonderful news. I know you must have nearly exploded when they told you huh?"

"I did! I was happy at a whole other level, one of the best days of my life!"

"Not better than the day we got married?" he questions.

"Of course not, nothings going to top that day" I inform him.

"Nothing better not" he backs me up against the table in the break room and connects our lips. I feel his hands lower down to my legs and he sits me on top of the table. 

In the middle of the ever so lovely kiss I realize we're at his job, and stop the kiss.

"What if someone walks in?" I say but he ignores me and continues to kiss me. Our breaths quicken but come to stop when we hear a noise. We both turn around to see half of the Illionaire staff staring at us.

"Don't mind us, continue"Mr. Dok2 tells us and everyone laughs.

As Jaebeom helps me down everyone goes back to what they were doing.

"Glad to see you two are happily in love again" he comments and we both smile.