Chapter 28: A baby shower

The Adventures of Marriage (Sequel to

Jaebeom's POV

Months had passed and soon Delilah was going to have our baby. She had one more month to go. 

We had finished the babies room, all that was left was the baby.

I watched as she got ready for her baby shower that was going to be held at Denise's house. 

I don't know how but she grew more gorgeous while being pregnant, she was just so radiant. 

Since pants had been out of the question for a while, she'd been wearing maxi dresses, her hair grew longer, and her face had this glow in it. She would always catch me staring at her.

"What's wrong?" 

"Nothing, you're just so eye-catchingly beautiful" I reply.

"Oh really? Well thank you, you're just as eye-catching"

Once she was ready, we drove over to Denise's, Delilah took one step out of the car and was swarmed by Denise and friends.  

Daniel came up to me and showed me where all the guys were. They were all in the living room, surrounding the TV watching a basketball game, as the ladies were in the kitchen baking. 

I took a seat next to Daniel on the couch and glued my eyes to the TV as well. 

I had made the mistake for cheering for the Bulls, and everyone turned and glared at me. 

"What? You guys are for the Lakers?" I asked. 

All of their heads shake yes. 

"I'm not really a fan of the Lakers" I say.

"He don't know nothing about basketball, Chinese boy talking about he don't like the Lakers, why because Jeremy Lin ain't on the team?" one of Daniel's friend tells me. 

"Haha real funny, I do know a thing or two about basketball, I use to play" 

"Oh really? Let's go hoop right now!" he jumps up.

"Sit down Isaiah, you're act like your on the team, carrying them on your back and " Daniel says and everyone bursts out in laughter. 

"I'll take you and Chinatown on Daniel!" 

"Fine, let's go"

We all head to the basketball court in the backyard. 

"Me and Joe, versus Daniel and Chinaman brotha"

"My name is Jay!" I correct him, "and I'm Korean, get it right brotha!" 

They all start yelling "Ooooooooh!" as Isaiah stands there. He does a hard chest pass to me but I catch it. 

"You take out then, since you're so bold" he tells me. 

Delilah's POV

I see Jaebeom and Daniel, playing Isaiah in basketball. Eventually all the ladies stop and watch them through the glass door. 

We go outside with the rest of the crowd to see what looked like a very competitive game. 

I watched as Jaebeom ran up and down the court, he was shorter than them all but he was snatching the ball out of their hands left and right. He was doing a good job keeping up with them. 

When the game was over, Jaebeom and Daniel came off the court with smiles, it was nice seeing them get along. 

Jaebeom's POV

All the guys regroup in the kitchen to quench our thirst and find some snacks. 

"You're so sweaty" Delilah tells me as she pats my forehead 

"Did you see me out there?" I ask her

"Of course I did, I was cheering you on the entire time" 

"That's probably why I won" 

She smiles and continues to wipe the sweat off of my forehead. 

I lean over and kiss her on the forehead. 

"What was that for?"

"No reason, I just like to give you kisses"

"Oh yeah? Can I get one right here?" she points to her cheek and I kiss it. 

"And here?" she points to the other cheek, again I kiss it. 

"Now you kiss me here" I point to my lips, she kisses me and smiles. 

"You guys are too cute for my heart" one of Denise's friends tell me and Delilah

"I wish I had a relationship like you two" another one comments. 

"I got me a good man" Delilah says as she puts her arm around me. 

"You sure did" her friend replies. 

The timer on the oven dings and Denise pulls out a good smelling cake. 

"Your cake is almost done Delilah" she tells her as she pulls out the frosting. 

"Jaebeom get in here, leave the ladies to their baking" I hear a voice call me from the living room. 

"I'm a go finish watching the game" I tell Delilah, she nods and I go take my spot back on the couch. 

Delilah's POV

"Delilah, how do you get Jaebeom to treat you like that?" Jessica, Denise's best friend asks me. 

"Like what?" 

"Like he's so sweet to you, and he doesn't treat you different around other men, a true gentleman"

"That's how he's always been, I don't do anything particular to make him act that way except you know love him" I joke.

"I know what it is, she does him right in the bed" one of Denise's friends comments. 

"No he was like that before we slept together" 

"I don't believe it, there must be something you're doing" Jessica responds.

"Well if I knew, I'd tell you, it's not like its a secret or anything" 

"The secret is finding the right man" Denise says, "Aiden's baby daddy was an , and I just took his because I thought all men were like that, but when I saw Jay and Delilah, I knew I could find a better man, and I did, my man Isaiah" 

"Isaiah is annoying" Jessica adds. 

"No he is not, you just have low tolerance for people" Denise argues. 

"Yeah, that's what it is" Jessica rolls her eyes. 

I look over to Jaebeom who is cheering on the Bulls all alone, I laughed at how they all turn to glare at him.