Chapter 15: Realize!

The Adventures of Marriage (Sequel to

Jaebeom's POV

While I was searching the town for Delilah I got a call from Denise telling me Delilah was at her apartment. She gave me the directions and I was there soon after. 

I rang the doorbell and Delilah answered, she was about to close the door in my face but I reach out and stop it. 

"I can't even just stand here and say sorry because I know that won't make up for me being a complete yesterday" I begin and she opens the door again and listens to what I have to say.

"I stopped by the art museum earlier. I completely forgot your paintings were going to be displayed at the beginning of Fall and I know that's bad but I mean can you really get mad I forgot my phone? It's not like you don't forget your phone. However, it still was mean to assume whatever you were going to tell me was unimportant considering that it was one of the best nights you've ever had and I wasn't even there to share it with you. I feel terrible about it, will you please forgive me?" I put on my biggest smile and hope for the best. 

I feel her put her hands on my face.

"I have no other choice but to forgive you Jaebeom, I love you. And I can't just make you feel guilty because I was wrong too, you forgot your phone and I was purposely not answering and you really needed me" she kisses me on the nose, "but next time, text me or something, please don't call your mother" 

I laugh a little, "I won't. I promise" 

We hug and now we're our happy married selves again. We go into Denise's apartment since Delilah was watching Aiden. 

"How do you get him to do that?" Delilah asks me as she sees Aiden fall asleep in my arms.

"I don't know. I guess I have some sort of baby charm" I explain.

"I've been trying to get him to sleep for an hour and a half now, and he just kept pulling my hair. I don't think babies like me" 

"Well you better fix that problem before we have a baby" I advise her.

"We have a baby? You want to have a baby?" she bumps my shoulder. 

"Of course, I want to have a lot of kids!"

"And who are you going to get these lots of kids from?" she raises an eyebrow.

"You, I wouldn't want them with anyone else'' I state

"Well the most you're getting out of me is two, that's my limit"

"Two? That's too small! I want a big family, and two kids aren't going to cut it" 

"How many do you want then?"

"Like those 19 and counting people on TV"

"You dream big my sweet" 

"Well if I'm dreaming, why dream small?"

She smiles, "you got me with that one. But I'm not having 19 and counting kids"

As the baby talk continues Denise walks in. 

"Jaebeom, what a surprise seeing you here" she says with fake excitement.

"I know you told him to come over Denise"

"I did, I'm not going to lie about it" she admits, "Jaebeom, you look so cute with babies" she puts her hands to her cheeks, then she reaches over and takes Aiden out of Jaebeom's arms and tells us we're free to go, we say our goodbyes and leave out the door.

While driving home, Jaebeom makes a U-turn and starts going in the opposite direction. Finally he stops and I see we're in front of the museum.

"Since I didn't make it to opening night, I should make it up to you" he tells me then gets out and comes around to open my door for me.

We enter and I explain all the paintings to Jaebeom as I did to the people on opening night. He was really focused and he responded so I knew he was comprehending what I was telling him. 

When we get to the drawing of him, he asks me why I painted it, as if it wasn't him.

"Because this is the man I love and he's just as important to me than my art so I had to put him in here" I answer.

"And who is this man that you love so much?"

"He's my husband"

"He's really handsome" he says with a serious face and it makes me laugh, then he begins to laugh with me.

"Delilah, all your art was beautiful and I was so dumb to not come on opening night" he tells me.

"Thank you" 

Then as we're about to leave the museum I see the Parks walking in. 

"Delilah, we heard about your art exhibit" Jehan tells me as I greet them all, everyone hugs me except Mrs. Park of course.

"We had to come and see it, I just know it's going to be good" Mr. Park adds.

"Thanks" I reply.

His mother is just scowling at me, "they forced me to come" she comments.

"Well as long as you came" I say back, "can we join you? I would love to hear your comments on my art"

"Sure" we follow them back into the exhibit and Mr Park and Jehan are looking around and complimenting me on my art, while Mrs. Park just stands at the entrance, being the bitter woman she was. As I watch her more, I see her walk in, but shortly after I lose sight of her. 

Jaebeom's POV

"Delilah's paintings were magnificent, as expected" Jehan tells me and I smile, she really did do a good job. While they're telling me what they liked about the paintings I see my mother and Delilah looking at the drawing of me, I see them talk and my mother seems to be in a calm mood, then she walks off, walks past us and into the car. 

Jehan and my father see her and tell me goodbye before they chase after her. I go to Delilah to see what went on and she's just smiling at the painting.

"What did my mother say to you?" I ask her.

"She apologized" she tells me as she looks at me. 

"Really? Why out of the blue?"

"I guess the painting spoke to her" she simply says and we leave the museum.

~~~~Back at the Park Resident~~~

"Yeobo, what's wrong?" Mr Park asks his wife.

"I said sorry to Delilah" she responds as she just stares at the ground.

"You did? Why?"

"There was this painting of Jaebeom in the museum, and I noticed it was hand-drawn not painted so to insult Delilah I asked her "what you were too poor to buy more paint?'' and she answered "I actually used up all five of my charcoal pencils, it took me an entire week to hand draw this and smudge it to look like that" and I say "Smudging? Is that how you got it to look like that?" and she nods, then I ask her what she used to smudge it a cloth, a small towel, then she s her jacket and on her white shirt underneath is all the black of the charcoal she had smudged the painting with and the hand prints from wiping the charcoal off her hands while in the process to finish since she only had a short amount of time, then I look closer at the shirt and it's a GAP shirt, and I'm very familiar with that brand and their clothes aren't cheap. So I ask her "Why would you ruin such a expensive shirt? Why didn't you take it off before you started drawing it, and she says she forgot she was wearing it while she was drawing. "Then wash it" I tell her and she answers 'I've tried but the charcoal just won't wash out" so I say "then throw it away it's no good" and she looks down and smiles at the black smudged shirt and says "But it still is good, I like it better this way." I start to look at her funny and I finally say "So you ruined an expensive shirt to draw my son and now you wear the filthy thing as if it's brand new, I don't understand why you would do that" and what she says after that got me"

Mrs. Park sits there for a moment as Mr. Park anxiously waits to hear the rest of the story. 

"She says "I wear it because now every time I look down at the stains I'll think about how much this drawing means to him and I think about his happy face, and I love making him happy, and this shirt was just something I had to sacrifice to make him happy, and in my eyes a shirt that's twenty something dollars doesn't even compare to the way Jaebeom's smile makes me feel" she finishes.

"After she said that I truly saw how good of a person she was and that she sincerely loved Jaebeom, I couldn't ask for a better wife than her, so I apologized to her"

"Now you see what everyone else sees" Mr. Park replies.