Chapter 24

The Adventures of Marriage (Sequel to

Jaebeom's POV

I watched as was singing along to the radio, messing up the words and mumbling the parts she didn't know that well. I was smiling at her but she was so focused she didn't seem to notice. We were on our way to the doctors, we were going to see how my brain was doing. I had my memory back but I just wanted make sure everything was working right up there. 

When we arrive at the doctors, we check in and the nurse tells us to wait until our names are called. 

"Are you hungry?" she asks me. 

"A little, why?" I reply.

"There's a vending machine over there, you want some snacks?" 

"Yeah"

"Okay, I'll be right back" 

She hurries over to the vending machine and I see her enter a dollar, right as she was pressing the buttons my name was called. I look over to her to see she was waiting for her snack to fall but I guess it got stuck. 

She kicks the machine and multiple items in the vending machine fall. She looks around and once she see's no one noticed she scoops them all up and dashes towards me. 

"Look I put a dollar in and all these fell out" she looks over at the nurse but she's not paying attention, so she shoves them in her purse.

"The doctor called me, let's go" I tell her

She's following behind me when we hear a voice. 

"Hey I saw you steal those?" this teenage boy says, 

"Here take some chips and keep your mouth shut" I throw a bag of chips at him and it hits him in the face. 

We laugh and go into the doctors office. 

"That wasn't nice" Delilah whispers to me after she's done laughing.

They lead me to a room where they tell me they're going to scan my brain. Unfortunately Delilah had to wait outside.

Once they're done, I walk out to see Delilah throwing back a bag of M&M's she looks up and awkwardly smiles at the Doctor and I with her cheeks filled. 

The doctor told us it was going to take a day for our results to come in.

"A whole day?" Delilah asks, "last time it took a few minutes"

"Well that's because we weren't busy last time, everyone seems to be sick this month" he informs us,

"We'll be back tommorrow then" I say and Delilah and I exit the hospital. 

Afterwards while we're driving home, Delilah suddenly makes a sharp turn and I look over. 

"They're having a sale on bikes Jaebeom!" she tells me excitedly, "let's go get some!"

"Why do we need bikes?" 

"You don't want one?" she raises an eyebrow.

"I never said that"

"That's what I thought" she smiles and we get out of the car. 

We go into the store and Delilah spots a beach cruiser bike and darts towards it. However she wasn't the only one, another woman was looking at it. 

"You weren't thinking of buying this were you?" Delilah asks the woman.

"I might"

"Well I actually was considering it, I see it's the only one too" 

They stare at one another. 

"It's mine lady" Delilah declares. 

"Not if I pay for it first!" the lady starts for the cash register.

"Aren't you going to go after her?" 

"No we're going to hide it" she gets on, kicks off the kickstand and rides away with it. 

She hides it behind a furniture set that was on display.

"Haha! Now that lady will never get it. Okay stay here and make sure she doesn't come while I go pay for it"

"What about my bike?"

"We'll get yours later my love just watch out for the woman" 

She scurries away to another cashier and I see the lady from afar looking for the bike. 

Minutes later as she's still looking around for it, Delilah get's back and she has the reciept and the cashier to take of the anti-theft device. 

''Okay, now all we have to do is go strap it on the car and we'll come get yours" 

We go to the car and when I ask Delilah for the keys so I could get this rope I had from the trunk she pats herself and she makes this face.

"I think I locked them in the car" we look nside and the keys were on the ground.

"How are we going to get inside?'

"I know! We can go home and get the spare car keys"

"How?" I question and she looks over to the bike.

"Faster Delilah" I tell her as she struggles, she had bought the kind of beach cruiser with the little rack on the back and I sat on it as she pedalled, it was her punishment for locking the keys in the car.

"You're heavy Jaebeom" she continues to go slow. 

"Let's switch then"

"Okay!" she hops off, we trade places, and she wraps her arms around me as she sits sideways.

We go faster since my legs obviously were more powerful than hers and were home in 5 minutes. 

I hop our fence into the backyard and go through the back way, then open the door for Delilah. 

"Now we just have to find the spare keys" 

"What?! You don't know where you put them?" 

She slowly shakes her head no. 

We look for them and by the time we find them the stores closed. 

"I'm sorry Jaebeom, we didn't get you a bike" 

"It's fine, I'll get it on another sale" I tell her. 

"You can have my bike" she says.

"Alright"

"Huh?"

"I said "alright" I'll take the bike"

"I didn't think you'd say yes" she mumbled. 

"Let's get home so I can go ride my new bike" I tell her and she laughs.

"I take it back, it's my bike!"

"No, you can't be Indian giver Delilah!" 

When we get home, she watches with her arms crossed as I ride up and down the streets with her blue and white beach cruiser.