Chapter 27: Transferring Stress

The Adventures of Marriage (Sequel to

Delilah's POV 

I was about 5 months pregnant and I felt huge and was getting bigger as the days passed. 

Jaebeom and I were decorating the babies room with all the stuff we bought, I painted over my original mural I had painted and started one for the baby but it was only half way done since I was told inhaling paint fumes was bad for the baby. 

It was a boy. 

I was extremely excited when I found out but I could tell Jaebeom wanted a girl, too bad. 

We were still discussing baby names but never came to a compromise, Jaebeom wanted him to be a junior but I felt like he needed his own name, his own identity.  So we put off deciding his name until later. 

In the middle of trying to build this crib, the doorbell rang. I slowly made my way towards the stairs 

I open the door to see my mother, with her normal scowl on her face. 

"Is Jaebeom home? I'd like to talk to you alone" she says. 

"Yeah he's home, but he's upstairs, you can come in and talk if you want" I let her in and she steps into our house, looking around judging everything on the way over to the couch. 

"I wanted to have a discussion about this baby you're having"

I just nod my head, signaling for her to continue. 

"I think you should give it up for adoption" she tells me with a straight face, did she not realize how insane she sounds?

"And what brought you to that conclusion mom?" I just had to know. 

"Well I've been thinking about it and you two are not ready to have a child, your relationship isn't stable enough, what if you make a mistake again and he leaves you again, this time with a kid"

"I'm not going to make another mistake and I highly doubt Jaebeom would be heartless enough to leave me alone with a child" I argue.

"I'm not the only one who thinks this, your father agreed with me"

"No he didn't you're just saying that" 

"It's true, and if you do have this baby I'm not allowing it to call me Grandma because I refuse to be his grandmother''

"Do you hear yourself? You sound evil right now!" I had to admit she was pushing my buttons. 

"Don't ask me for any help with this baby because I'm not providing any assistance" she goes on. 

"Well you know what mom, we don't need your help! And news flash, Jaebeom has a mother the baby can call Grandma!" 

"I can't believe you Delilah, I raised you better than this, how am I going to look at family events when you bring that mixbreed?"

"No one cares that much except your stuck up part of the family" 

"Your lucky I said give it up for adoption because the second you told me I wanted to say get an abortion!" she yells and I just lose it. 

I scream at her how terrible of a person she is and seconds later I black out. 

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

I wake up in a hospital, I open my eyes to see myself strapped up to all these wires

"What happened?" I ask the Doctor.

"You collapsed from stress" she explains to me.

"Of course, my mother brings nothing but stress with her presence"

"Your mother is crazy too?" she asks me. 

"Yes, I can't believe I never seen this wicked side of her while growing up"

"Sounds like my mother, I told her I wanted to become a Doctor and she had nothing but negativity saying they won't respect me as a doctor and I'm dreaming way too big for a poor Mexican girl that lives in the projects"

"That's the first I've ever heard of a parent not wanting their kid to be successful"

"Crazy isn't it? But as you can see I proved her wrong, she didn't get to reach her goals so she wanted to stomp all over mine's but I didn't let her"

"Good for you, I'm glad you became a doctor!" 

"Thank you, now enough about me, let's talk about you. First things first, stop stressing out, it's not good for the baby, relax my dear, pregnant women shouldn't be worried about anything"

"You're so right" 

"Next, you need to start coming in for my check ups, your papers are saying the last time you came in was when you were 3 months pregnant"

"I got a little lazy" I say and she laughs a little. 

"And last, your baby is developing fine and it healthy" 

"That's always good to hear, thanks Doctor" 

"You are welcome, I'll tell your husband he can come in now" 

She leaves and seconds later Jaebeom rushes in and kisses me on the forehead" 

"You do not know how terrified I was to see you collapse, do me a favor don't give me a panic attack like that again" he tells me. 

"My mother is just ridiculous" 

"Let's move so she can't find us" he jokes and it makes me laugh.

"The doctor said I need to stop having so much stress"

"She's right, just give all your stress to me, transfer it and I'll deal with it for you"

"How am I suppose to do that?"

"When you're stressed, you touch your forehead with mine and just give it to me, like this" he grabs my face and we touch foreheads.

"I feel it working" I smile. 

"Good" he smiles back at me and helps me out of the hospital bed so we can go home.