Miscommunication

The Adventures of Marriage (Sequel to

Delilah's POV

Today was the opening of the new section of the art museum. I was nervous, I had entered my paintings in a week before and they received many compliments, I hope the people would like them as well. 

I had stopped by the museum to view the room where my paintings would be displayed, it was lovely. The room was called "Inspiring the Inspired" and it was decorated with many motivational quotes for artists, and there was another section next to it for other unknown artists to enter their works. 

"Do you like it?" Lillian asked me as I looked around.

"Yes, it's beautiful" I tell her.

"Good, because you're in charge of all the artwork that goes in there" she points to the empty room, "and it gets even better" she tells me to look up and a drape falls to reveal a quote above the doorway that said:

                                                     " All the art in this section was hand painted by an inspired artist, Delilah Park"
 

A huge smile came across my face! This room was one step closer to making me a professional world wide known artist! 

After my moment of glory, I hurried home to go invite Jaebeom to opening night and to go get ready. 

When I walked in I called his name but there was no answer, I looked around for him but he was nowhere in the house. I called his phone but he didn't answer. 

"He'll be home soon" I told myself and went upstairs to go get ready. 

Jaebeom's POV

I just finished an interview for some magazine about "Joah" when I was told I was schedule for a photo shoot in half an hour, and it was across town. 

I was about to call Delilah but then I realized I left my phone in the studio.

"Wait I need to go get my phone out of the studio" I told my assistant.

"No time, I have a car outside for you that already knows the address to the place" she tells me and she pulls me the opposite direction of the studio. 

I figured I would get the phone when I came back. 

Delilah's POV

Where the hell was Jaebeom? I looked at my watch, it was almost time for the opening of "Inspiring the Inspired". I was already dressed and ready to go, I had on a bodycon wine red dress with 3/4 sleeves and a black skinny belt, a pair of black stockings underneath, and black heels. I pulled my hair into a high classy bun and finished it off with black earrings. 

I paced back and forth in front of the living room door, waiting for Jaebeom to come in. 

I finally had to leave and couldn't wait any longer and went to the museum without him.

On the bright side, everyone loved the new additions to the art museum, many people came up to me complimenting my paintings and wanting to know if they could display their art in the empty room. I thanked everyone and gave them the info they would need to get their art in the room. 

When I thought the night couldn't get any better, I was called up on stage to receive flowers and my money from the paintings. 

The night was almost perfect, I just wished Jaebeom could have came. 

After my amazing night I came home once again to an empty house, I checked the time, it was almost midnight, where could Jaebeom be? 

Jaebeom's POV

I never made it back to the studio, after the photo shoot I was over, the people were kind enough to take me out to lunch. After lunch, I got a surprise visit from AOM. To celebrate my music video they took me out to a night club. 

Around two in the morning I noticed I still hadn't called Delilah, and I knew she was going to be pissed I was out so late and hadn't called or texted her where I would be. 

Once we all left the night club, I asked if anyone had a phone I could borrow while we were in the car. Hep handed me his and I tried to call Delilah but she didn't answer.

"She's probably sleep" Hep tells me as I hand him his phone back. 

"Yeah, I need to get home though" 

The guys drove me home and I found a sleeping Delilah in bed. As I was changing I seen a dress and heels thrown on the top of the hamper. Did she go somewhere fancy today?

"I'll just ask in the morning" I tell myself and quietly climb into be next to her. 

Delilah's POV

Surprise, surprise, that next morning I woke up to see Jaebeom passed out next to me. I was tempted to push him off the bed, but I restrained myself. I figured I would go out all day to get back at him! 

I got dressed and headed out, I wasn't sure what I was going to do all day, but I just got in the car and drove off. 

Jaebeom's POV

I woke up in an empty bed really sweaty. I got up and looked around for Delilah but she was nowhere to be found, then I started getting dizzy and my heart started beating fast. I hurried to the bathroom because I had a feeling I was going to throw up, and I did. 

My stomach was hurting real bad, I felt like it was getting shredded apart by a knife, I was laying down but I was still uncomfortable. I reached over and grabbed the house phone to call Delilah so she could come home and take care of me.

I must have called a million times but she didn't answer.

"Ugh, where is she?! I need her!" I whined and called a few more times.

Delilah's POV

I just listened to chorus of "Joah" play on my cell phone from all the calls from Jaebeom, ignoring all of them. Now he would know how I felt yesterday

Jaebeom's POV

Since Delilah wasn't answering and I needed someone to take care of me, I called my mom. At first she criticized Delilah for being a bad wife and not attending to my needs while I was sick, then she agreed to come over. 

About an hour later she had arrived, and she brought everything that would nurse me back to health. 

"I assumed when you two got married she would at least try to be a good wife, but I clearly misjudged her!" my mother said as she was putting a cold towel on my head to keep me cool and stop sweating.

"Umma, she is a good wife! Don't talk bad about her!" I argue for her. 

"If she is, then why isn't she here?" she questions.

"Because, she's busy I'm sure" 

We hear the doorbell ring and my mother goes downstairs to answer it. Soon I see my assistant walking in.

"I'm sorry you don't feel well, but I brought you your cell phone" she tells me as she places it on the dresser next to me. 

"Thank you, I really appreciate it" I tell her. 

"How sweet of you to care" my mother starts "if only his wife cared enough like you, she would be here" 

"Umma, stop talking bad about Delilah" I demand.

"I actually just seen Delilah on my way here, she was sitting at the park a few blocks away"

"Doing what?" I ask.

"I don't know, something on her phone I think"

She then checked her watch and said she needed to get back to work, we said our goodbyes and she left out.

If Delilah had her phone why wasn't she answering it?

Another hour had passed and the sun was setting, I was more focused on why Delilah was deliberately not answering my calls then I was on my food poisoning. 

Finally I heard the door open and footsteps coming upstairs. 

Both my mother and I were looking at Delilah.

"Hello Mrs. Park, lovely seeing you" she gave her a fake smile but my mother just frowned at her. 

"It's definitely not lovely seeing you abandon my son when he needs you!"

"What?" 

"Jaebeom had severe food poisoning and he called you probably a million times and you purposely didn't answer him!" she began to raise her voice at Delilah. 

"But he-"

"You can't possibly have an excuse! A wife that ignores her sick husband, can you even consider yourself a wife?! You're heartless and cruel, and I knew it was a mistake letting Jaebeom marry you!"

"Hold on you don't even know the whole story"

"I don't need to know the whole story to see that you're incapable of being a good wife for my son!"

"Umma, calm down!" I tell her.

"I don't even want to be in her presence! I'll be home next to the phone whenever you decide to leave her" she says and storms out, bumping Delilah hard on the shoulder. 

"Now that my mother is gone, now we can talk like civilized people" I mention and pat the spot next to me but Delilah doesn't come to sit down. 

"Okay stand if you'd like. Now, I'm not mad, I just want to know why you ignored my calls" I explain.

"I ignored them because yesterday I tried to call you all day and I got no answer!" she barks.

"Well I left my phone in the studio and I had important things to do yesterday" 

"I had important things too!"

"Babe, every time you say something is important, it's really never that important"

"Well yesterday it was!"

"Let's just forget about whatever this "important" stuff was you had to tell me yesterday. I mean I had to interview and a photo shoot, things that involved my career, nothing is more important than that"

"Oh really? Nothing?"

"Yeah, nothing. C'mon Delilah you seen all those fans I have, I have to keep them happy"

"Keep them happy huh?"

"Yes. Now lets just drop it and kiss and make up so you can take care of me" I hold my arms out for her. 

She just shakes her head and leaves the room. 

"Where are you going?" I yell after her. She doesn't answer, instead I hear the door slam, "was it something I said?"

That next day I was feeling better so I decided to go look for Delilah since she didn't come home last night.

My stomach was still kind of upset so I went out to get some coffee instead of having a big breakfast.

While I was at the coffee house I heard these people talking about the new sections of the art museum. 

"They already opened it?" I asked the people talking about it.

"Yeah, it opened two days ago, you should go take a look, all the paintings are beyond amazing" one guys tells me. 

I catch a cab to the museum and look for the new room. I look up see a room called "Inspiring the Inspired" and Delilah's name was underneath. I walk in to see all her beautiful artwork. She really did a spectacular job on all her paintings. 

I noticed this one portrait, it was different, like it was hand drawn with no color, and as I get closer to it, I realize it was me. 

"What did the artist use to draw this?" I asked a man passing by

"It looks like a charcoal drawing"

"Charcoal?" I was confused.

"Yes, she drew it with charcoal" he explained, then he looks at me, then at the picture, then back at me.

"Hey isn't that-" he starts.

"Yeah, that's me" I grin and walk out. 

Now I really had to go find Delilah!