Unappreciative!

The Adventures of Marriage (Sequel to

Delilah's POV

For the past few weeks I've been busy working on all the paintings for the museum. All day and night I worked on them. I threw away many canvases saying they weren't good enough for a museum. It was almost Autumn and I had two good ones, but that wasn't enough, I needed more. 

"Delilah!" I heard Jaebeom yell from downstairs, then I heard his loud footsteps coming up the stairs and entering the room. 

"Yeah?" I said without taking my eyes off of my painting.

"There's a Illionaire banquet tonight, throw on your fanciest threads!" he says.

"I can't go" I reply.

"What? Why not?" he sounded sad.

"I have to finish my paintings" I tell him.

"Love, you have enough time to finish, and besides, you've spent these few weeks on painting. Take you mind off of it for a night"

"I can't"

"So what? You want me to go by myself. C'mon Delilah, the only time we spend together is when we both are sleeping, and I usually end up going to sleep before you. I feel like I never see you anymore"

"Don't be so dramatic"

"I'm not being dramatic! I just want to spend a night out with you!"

"I said I can't! What part of that do you not understand?!" he was bothering me.

"Fine, I'll just go by myself" 

I hear him sigh and leave out. 

Jaebeom's POV

As I'm getting ready for the banquet, I turn to look at the door multiple times to see if Delilah changed her mind and was going to come with me, but she never walked in.

"I'm leaving now" I say to her before I go

."Have a good time" 

She hadn't even looked at me. Her paintings were taking up her life. 

I looked up one last time at the stairs to see if she was going to come running down, saying that she was going to come, but she didn't.

When I arrived at the party, the first thing everyone asked me was where Delilah was. I explained every time that she was too busy to come and everyone just nodded their head. 

I sat at our table by myself and sipped my wine, I wasn't ready to eat yet. I watched as everyone and their dates were having fun, eating and dancing. I felt like and outkast so I finished my glass of wine and left. No one needed my sad aurora around them. 

I drove the car back home but I didn't go inside. Instead I took a stroll through the town to clear my mind. I didn't want to make Delilah feel bad for not coming with me so I had to get all the down emotions out of me. 

I walked through the town with my hands in my pockets and finally got a good look at the town I was living in. Nice people waved at me, there were beautiful restaurants everywhere, and I even saw some street performers.

I passed by this art supplies store and went in, the smell of the paint reminded me of Delilah. I shopped around and bought some stuff for Delilah, she must have been running out of canvases and paints. I bought 10 canvases and three whole bags of art supplies I've seen Delilah use. 

I asked the lady to hold all the stuff for a minute as I walked back to get the car, when I got back home though the car was gone. The store was going to close in a few minutes so I quickly went back and carried all the stuff home. 

Ironically, after lugging all that stuff I saw the car was back. I struggled to open the door, but when I did I dropped the ten canvases from under my arms and set the three bags on the floor next to them.  

I went upstairs to see Delilah still painting. 

"I'm home" I tell her.

"How was the banquet?"

"It was fine. How has the painting been going?"

"It's been stressful" I seen she had taken the car to go get some frozen yogurt.

She still wasn't looking at me, but I knew she was going to be all over me when she saw what I got her.

I stretch my arms to get ready to carry all this stuff again, because I wanted to show her all at one time, and two trips to get it all is for wimps. 

"Look what I got you" I say and start setting all the things down. 

She finally took her eyes off the painting and looked over to see what I got her.

"Thanks I needed more stuff" that was all she said and went back to painting. 

No "I love you" or "I have the best husband ever"  just a simple "Thanks I needed more stuff"

"What?!" I couldn't believer her!

"I said-"

"I heard what you said! I just carried all this for two blocks, and it is not light! And I only did that because you took the damn car to get some yogurt! Oh not to mention I'm glad yogurt got you away from your painting but going to the banquet with me wasn't important enough! And while were on the banquet, I had a terrible time but I didn't want to make you feel bad for not coming, but I don't care anymore! I sat there by myself because everyone else had a date! Not only was I lonely but it was embarrassing ! I can't tell you how many times I got a sympathetic head nod when I explain why you weren't there! But it doesn't matter, because your paintings are way more important then my feelings! I'm just going to go to sleep and leave you to it like I've been doing for the past month and a half! Sweet dreams darling!" I pop off and slam the door as I exit.