Chapter 3

The Adventures of Marriage (Sequel to

Sorry if you didn't see the picture in the previous chapter. I can't find it where I first got if from. Sorry :/ -JuJuBeezz

Jaebeom's POV

"Why do we have to go to counseling? We just got married?" Delilah questions.

"Exactly. It's just to keep your marriage going good. You're father and I did it when we were first married" her mother tells her.

"It's only for a few months" her father adds in.

"We don't need it. Our relationship is fine the way it is. If we go to counseling, it's probably going to mess it up" I put forth my argument.

"Just give it a try. I'm sure you two will like it" my mother comments.

"Yes, please just try for us" they all stare at us until we give in and agree.

"Good. It starts 2:30 P.M tomorrow" Delilah mother hands us a schedule with all the times and where it would be held at. 

After they delay their news they shortly leave afterwards.

"This is a test" Delilah says as we're sitting in the bedroom and I'm changing into pajamas, "it's so our parents can spy on us. They're acting like they're fine with our marriage but they still secretly want to see if it'll fail! Did they think we we're too dim to figure that out?" 

"I guess so. Let's go and prove them wrong though so they can stop with all their doubts" I tell her as I sit next to her.

"Doesn't it make you angry that they still think our marriage is going to fail?"

"No, why should it? I know our marriage is going to last, you know our marriage is going to last, we don't need anymore opinions besides our own" I explain to her.

"You're right, how do you manage to keep your cool?" she questions.

"Because my love, I'm a cool guy" I lay back as if I was just too cool to handle. I make her laugh a little and she joins me. We get under our comforter and fall asleep shortly after.

That next morning, our TV came in. I was directing the mover men where to put it when the doorbell rings again, and it's the TV for our bedroom. I tell them to take it upstairs and I assumed from there Delilah would tell them where to put it. 

After we got out televisions situated, Delilah called the cable company to arrange an appointment for them to hook up our cable. Once she was finished we went out to go grocery shopping. 

Delilah was in and out of aisle's piling up the cart and I would occasionally drop things in I wanted. I noticed Delilah was putting a lot of junk food in the cart.

"I don't think we need all this unhealthy food" I tell her as I hold up a variety pack full of chocolate bars. 

"What am I going to snack on?"

"I hardly think chocolate bars are snacks"

"I guess you're right" she puts back the variety pack but keeps all the rest of the junk food. Bit by bit I begin putting some of it back before she get cavities on every tooth.

When we reach the cash register Delilah loads all the food onto the conveyor belt. She tells me we forgot milk and I go back to get some, when I return to the line I hear the woman behind us complain.

"If she eats all that she's going to gain too much weight and never get any love" I hear her murmur under her breath. I turn around and give her a rude look.

"I'm sorry I think I overheard you talking crap about my wife? Would you like to repeat that louder so everyone can hear how rude you are?" 

She rolls her eyes and remains quiet.

"That's what I thought you said" I reply and turn back around to help Delilah finish loading the rest of the groceries. 

We bag everything and it takes two carts to fit everything. Pushing our carts out into the parking lot Delilah randomly yells "last one to the car has to put the groceries in the trunk"

We break out in a run and push the carts so fast and at the same time we put our feet up onto the bottom rails of the carts and ride them down the parking lot strip. 

Delilah ends up winning and I get stuck with loading all the groceries in the car as she leans against the car and eats an ice cream sandwich. 

"Man is this ice cream sandwich good" she gloats as if the ice cream sandwich was sent down from the heavens, "you want some?" she holds it out to me.

I try to bite it but she takes it back and begins to laugh. I mock her laugh as I shut the trunk. I steal the last bite while she's off guard and we get into the car. 

Once we get back home, we start filling up our cabinets, cupboards, pantry's, and refrigerator with all the food. By the time we're finish it's already 2:00 P.M.

"I hope there isn't any kooks at this counseling place" Delilah states as she's looking out the window on the ride there.

"It's counseling not a asylum" I inform her and see a small smile appear on her face. 

We arrive at the building and it seems fine on the outside so I assume it's fine on the inside. Delilah just stares at the building and I grab her hand and we walk inside.

The lady at the front desk tells us what room to go to for the marriage counseling and we follow the room numbers until we get to the one we needed to enter. 

"Hello, you must be Mr. and Mrs. Park" a tall man tells us. I figured he knew that since we were the last couple to show up. 

"Yes we are"

"Well take a seat and we can start on the counseling" he explains and we take our seats. 

"Now, to begin we're going to go around the table and explain why we're here" he tells us. 

As I listen to all the other couples it sounds as if their marriages really needed help and that was even more of a reason as to why Delilah and I should not be here. Some couples were their because their spouse cheated, some had fallen out of love, and there was even a couple that were swingers. 

When it came time to say why Delilah and I were there everyone I wasn't really sure what to say.

"We're basically here because our parents signed us up and made us come here" Delilah tells everyone in a bitter tone.

"I heard from your parents that you two just got married a few weeks ago" the man tells us, his name is Dr. Wilson.

"Yeah we got married in April" I reply

"I also heard you two get engaged twice, what happened there?"

"Nothing happened, we just got engaged twice" Delilah responds.

"Now Delilah, everyone opened up to you guys, you two should do the same"

"They just said why they were here, you didn't ask them more questions" Delilah begins to strike up an argument with the counselor.

"They'll eventually share, you two are just the first ones since you were the last two to share"

Delialh stays quiet and refuses to explain why we were engaged twice.

"If you must know, Delilah left me when I asked her to marry me, but we go back together and she asked me to marry her"

"I see. She left you on the same day you asked her to marry her? Is that correct?" 

"Yes, that's right"

"That's pretty messed up, I would never have taken her back after that" a man in the group comments and Delilah shoots them a mean glare.

"Shut up! No one asked for your opinion!" she replies.

"And she seems mean" the man's wife says.

"At least I'm not a swinger!" she barks back and they don't say anything back.

"You seem angry Delilah, why is that? Is it because we're bringing up past bad decisions you made?" Dr. Wilson asks her.

"I am angry. And no I'm angry because those two have the nerve to look down on my when they aren't any better!"

"No one's better than anybody, just calm down Delilah" he instructs her.

Delilah crosses her arms and tries to calm down. 

"Delilah isn't the only one who has been hurting your previous relationship. I was told you never trusted Delilah.

"That's not true" I correct him.

"On the contrary, when she was visiting a sick friend in the hospital you accused her of cheating"

"I didn't accuse her of cheating" I was keeping my cool like always but this man was slowly making me angry too.

"Following her to the hospital to make sure they weren't doing anything, you don't think that's accusing her of cheating?"

"Wait, hold up that's not what happened-"

"And I was told you accused her again when she was being friendly to one of your guy best friends, is that right?"

"Yeah but-" 

"There is no "but"s you just said it was true"

"How can you not trust her if she's never done anything for you to break that trust?" I hear someone say.

'If there's no trust, there's no relationship"

"How can she be sure he trusts her now?"

"You know they say when you accuse someone of cheating you're cheating yourself'

I kept hearing people's unnecessary remarks and it was pissing me off.

"Screw this counseling stuff, it's not helping us it's just making it seem like our relationship is unstable!" I shout in Dr. Wilson's face, grab Delilah's hand and storm out

'But it is unstable!" I hear him yell after us.

"Who asked you?!" Delilah yells back and we slam the door behind us.

"Our parents did that on purpose! I can't believe them! I bet it was all an act!" I state as we're walking to the car. 

"I thought you were too cool to get upset about that?" Delilah asks.

"How can you stay cool when you have deceiving parents like ours!" 

_____________________________________________________________________________

Dun! Dun! Dun! Our first conflict of the story! 

-JuJu-Beezz