Chapter 43

I lied... I love you
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

Now Seungho had to decide if Karam made the same choice, could he live with knowing that even though he chose him, he would likely never stop loving his brother either. And he wondered if his parent had been given him the choice…if there were no rules forbidding him and his brother to be kept apart or leaving devastating heartache in their wake of being together, would Karam still have made the same choice? Would Karam still be with him?

Karam wasn't the only one who now needed time to figure out what they really wanted. So did he, he realized. Before, he thought he was okay with being him, knowing and believing Karam could love him enough for the both of them to make up the difference. Now he wasn't sure. He loved Karam and wanted a life with him but only if he really wanted it too. This time, Seungho would be the one to decide with both choices before him, either Karam with him or who he really wanted to make other life given the opportunity.

"This is getting ridiculous" he muttered alone. He dragged himself to the bathroom. He gave himself a once over in the mirror grimaced at his reflection. His eyes were red and fluffy. His face was gaunt with purple bags outlining his dark eyes. He prodded down his stairs. He grabbed his car keys from the coffee table, and unlocked his front door.

 

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

 

Two men sitting on a garden bench outside Jung's mansion. One looked more tired than a man had a right to look, and the other seemed resigned. It mattered not, for they were assigned fates in which they were forced to follow.

One had sworn to protect his love for all the days of his life, a pact made with his fiance's umma.

The other had sworn to make things right, to right the wrongs of others, and have things work out the way there should have.

"It is done." Yang Seungho said to Jung Jaejoong. "I can’t do no more. My part is over."

At first Jaejoong looked shocked. "I only wish it had not gotten this far." Jaejoong said. "Have you really thought about this? Are you sure about this that this is the right thing for you to do?"

"No one knows what was right and what was wrong, Mr. Jung." Seungho said looking down at the dried leave on the ground. "We're graduating from high school in three months' time. Karam is the best and brightest, full of colour and interest, student in our school. And Karam is the candidates for the best student arward. But lately I noticed him...." Seungho sighed. "....he scarcely pays attention in class. He became very quiet and it it really does bother me."

Jaejoong tried to gather his thoughts, stayed in silence.

“But, you know what? Today I came to full understanding. Please just remember that this has nothing to do with you or your husband. It is just…”  Seungho paused for a while. He took out his engagement ring from his pocket. “Please pass this to Karam.” He placed the small ring box onto Jaejoong’s palm.

Jaejoong blanched at the sight of it.  He gave a small choke as he look at the box in his hand. The two of them looked at each other. Jaejoong's eyes full of a million emotions met with Seungho's hard, black eyes.  "You are giving back…" Jaejoong couldn't say the words.

Seungho nodded. "The engagement ring, yes." He steeled himself.   “Please forgive me for not able to continue doing this anymore.” He gulped as the hurt became visible on his features. He added. “Please give them a chance. They love each other. They’d died if you separate them any longer.”

Jaejoong let out a long sigh. “I’m sorry for involving you in this.”

“It’s okay. I’m still happy knowing at least I'd tried.” Seungho's gaze shifted from Jaejoong as he stared into the space.

Jaejoong merely nodded, relieved that at least one thing had a happy conclusion. He was resigned with the fact that Seungho may never find that type of love and happiness with his son. Jaejoong reached out to grab his hand and squeezed it lightly. "You are a wonderful person and I'm sure you are going to find a nice partner soon who could make you happy and be a wonderful partner to you."

Seungho turned to Jaejoong with a forced smile. “I should go now.” He said, standing up.

“Seungho, hey...” Jaejoong called as he pulled him into a hug. "Thank you."

Seungho barely hugged back and as he pulled away to look at Jaejoong's face, "You're welcome. Thanks for believing in me that I'm good enough for Karam." Seungho said with a smile.

Jaejoong nodded. He took a long breathe and exhaled slowly trying to control his emotions.

Seungho stood against his car looking up to Karam's bedroom window for the longest time, and felt relieved. Not for Karam, but for his own actions. Karam had made him see that he was a product of real love, which could not change in one day, but if he had the patience and the resilience, perhaps he could teach him to change for the better. They could teach each other so much.

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter