Chapter 29

I lied... I love you
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Seungho sat heavily on his piano bench, closing his eyes as he plays. His fingers moved over the black and white keys swiftly and fluidly. 

'Seungho, please let me go.'

He stopped abruptly and ran his fingers in his hair as Karam's words begging him keep repeating in his head. He didn't mean any harm or to do anything bad to Karam. He just lost his balance when Changmin turned up. It was really a bad time for him and now Karam might think he was a bad guy.

Suddenly, he felt a headache coming after recalling the memory. He was so stupid for threated Karam harshly. He knew that Karam was hurt by his action just now but still he didn't go to comfort him. He was such an useless person. He would make it up to Karam later. He promised to himself. It had occurred to him that Karam might not want him back, but he tried not to think too hard about that. If Karam didn't accept him back, at least he could try, and then he'd know that he had done the right thing. He didn't even want to think about his life without him, not yet.

A sigh escaped from Seungho's lips. He wanted more than anything to have things back to normal, to have Karam back in his life, no matter how much it hurt to see him with his brother. 'Normal? It has been like this from the beginning. He loved his brother from the beginning.' Yet, he still love him even though Karam had broken his heart into million pieces.  'Something was wrong with me. Very wrong.'

He had already made up his mind, practically the moment he had seen him lying unconcious before his brother carried him away.  He thought, even after what Karam did to him, he believed that there's a moment Karam was really in love with him. He believed that he touched the pit of Karam's heart even for a while.

Another sigh escaped from his lips. His thought was interrupt when heard a doorbell rang. He pondered for a while whether to answer it or not. He sighed and slowly stood up as the ringing begans to get impatient. He went to open the door and got the shock of his life.

"Hello Seungho. We meet again."

Seungho just stood there with widened eyes. 'What is he doing here? Did he already know about the truth? And just how the hell does he know that I live here?' 

Jaejoong waved his hands a little and got Seungho to snap back to reality.

"M--Mr. Jung, w-why are you here?"

"I'm here to see you."

The boy shot him a perplexed expression before opening the door wider. He walked over and offered his hand. "So, It’s nice to see you again.. Mr. Jung..." Seungho said,  Jaejoong accepted his hand a a small smile plastered on his face. "Please do come in, Mr. Jung."

Jaejoong smiled slightly and entered, Seungho closed the door behind him. "Thank you. Nice meeting you again, too. It has definitely has not been too long since we last met." Jaejoong replied honestly while taking his shoes off. "You know, I was standing outside just now listening to your play. That was beautiful," Jaejoong said, smiling at Seungho. "But you stopped in the middle, why was that?"

Seungho inclined his head, accepting the praise in his usual silent manner but avoiding the obvious question. "Thank you."

Jaejoong adverted his eyes and silently nodded as Seungho didn't answer him.

Seungho lead Jaejoong to the living room. "Please take a seat Mr. Jung. I'll go get some drinks. Do you want anything, Mr. Jung?"

Jaejoong walked over to the couch and sat down. "There's no need, Seungho. I just had my coffee before I come here plus, it'll be short. Please take a seat." Jaejoong said, gesturing toward the couch in front of him.

The both sat down facing each other. Jaejoong glanced around the house briefly and stopped at the piano. "Wow, that sure is a fine instrument," he said, noticing the grand piano located at a corner of the living room. Black and shiny that screams out 'classy'. "You must love that piano so much and that make you're so good at it."

Seungho glanced behind him and smiled a small smile. "Thank you Mr. Jung. My father gave me as a present when I was twelve years old."

"Where are your parents now?"

"They passed away when I was twelve in a car accident." He said, bitter smile on display.

"I'm sorry to hear that. So how do you support your living?" Jaejoong said, eyeing him.

"My father was a successful businessman before he died. And now my uncle is running the business on behalf of me until I'm ready to take over." Seungho was looking at Jaejoong calmly, his expression completely unreadable.

"You seem to have a lot on your mind." Jaejoong began. "You look tired, is anything troubling you?" Jaejoong asked, raising an eyesbrow.

Seungho blinked, surprised by the question. His instincts once again alerting him to a sudden change in the conversation, gazed up. ''  "Why yes, actually..." Seungho replied nervously, not knowing how to start.

"Would you like to talk about it?" Jaejoong inquired in a smooth voice.

"Mr. Jung, I'm... I'm sorry. I didn't mean to do anything bad to him. I love him. I really mean it. I'm sorry."

Jaejoong can feel that Seungho is getting more and more nervous. "Hold on a second. Him? You mean Karam? And what do you mean 'bad'? What sort of things were you trying to do to my son, exactly?"  He looked at Seungho carefully, studying his face. "What happen to your face?" There were still bruises there.

Seungho looked a little intimidated. "I... I had a fight with Karam. I swear I didn't mean to do anything bad to him. Your youngest son thought otherwise though, so he...."

"Changmin is very protective over his brother. I'm apologizing on his behalf."

"Yes, I know. VERY PROTECTIVE. In their own little psychotic, idiotic minds." his voice raised slightly with anxiety. Then flashed Jaejoong a fake smile, hiding whatever emotion he didn't want Jaejoong to see.

"Seungho, calm down, I know what you're trying to tell." Jaejoong said gently to him. "I know all of this is confusing and you have every right to be angry. Nobody should have to go through what you've had to."

"I'm sorry." Seungho said, looking down at the floor again.

"Did you know it? About them?" Jaejoong asked, eyeing him again.

Seungho lifted up his head and look deep inside Jaejoong's eye

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter