Chapter 11

I lied... I love you
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

Karam was sitting on a couch in the living room, nervously fidgeting his fingers while waiting for Seungho. This could be the new beginning in his life. He tried to convince himself just to stay calm; for Christ's sake, the loud beating of his heart could be heard at least 5 miles away.

Seungho arrived at exactly 7 o'clock as promised. Karam gave a sigh of relief when he heard the sound of an approaching car and peeked through the window blinds. "It's him." He took a deep breath and slowly walked outside, only to find a smiling Seungho leaning against his car.

Seungho watched intently as Karam walked towards him, his own heart beating wildly as he saw him. Seungh sighed, feeling in heaven as he took in Karam's features. He was wearing a blue beanie, an oversized grey tee with 'Je T'aime' on it, black skinnies & red high top sneakers. 'He's really gorgeous!' Seungho thought.

Karam approached him silently as he steadied his hammering heart. "Hi, Seungho."

"He... hello, Karam. Wow, you look absolutely … stunning … Karam," he stuttered. He knew he sounded so stupid! '! !  Get a grip, buddy!' He reprimanded himself. 

Karam smiled. "Thank you. You too."

Seungho then glanced at the print on Karam's tee. "Is that for me?" He asked, trying to ease the tension and grinned. "Aww~ Je T'aime, aussi Karam!"

Karam turned away blushing madly "Tsk~ Y-you c-can't say that now..." He tried to sound as calm as possible. And failed terribly.

Seungho chuckled wholeheartedly.  "Now, shall we?"  Seungho opened the car door for him and led Karam in.

The twenty minute drive was mostly quiet. Only a few questions from Seungho, and simple answers from Karam came and then they both fell quiet again until they arrived at the restaurant, which Seungho had chosen.  They took their time eating the food that was served while Seungho tried his best to make them more comfortable with each other.

''Why me?'' Karam suddenly asked.

''What do you mean?''

Karam huffed in frustration. ''Of all the pretty girls around you, why did you want me?''

''I like you. I've told you already. You're different," Seungho told him simply.

''But why? You don't even know me," Karam told him. ''And I don't know you.''

''But you've heard about me," Seungho pointed out.

''Everyone's heard about you. A ladies's man. That's you."

"So you've heard. That's all you know about me."

"Even though we're in the same class but hardly talk to each other," Karam added.

''Because you never look at me," Seungho continued a little annoyed. "Well then, that's why I wanted to get close to you," he told Karam. ''I've been trying hard, Karam. To get to know you.''

''You're still not answering me.''

Seungho sighed. ''Look, I just like you, alright? You're...interesting.''

Karam didn't know how to react. This was Yang Seungho. He could get any pretty girl to become his girlfriend Karam knew, and yet he was showing his interest in him. He began questioning why he even agreed to have dinner with Seungho in the first place.

''What's in this for you?'' He asked.

Seungho looked confused. ''In...what, exactly?''

''This.'' Karam looked at him obviously. ''Having dinner with me. What's in it for you?''

''Uh, dinner, mostly," he told him as if it were obvious, taking a drink.

''You know what I mean," Karam told him.

Seungho set his drink down and folded his arms. ''You're very suspicious, you know that?''

Karam shrugged. ''Just trying to work out what you're doing.''

Seungho chuckled. ''Yesterday you said I should at least take you to dinner before I... I can kiss you. So, here I am."

"So you're taking me out for dinner because you planned to kiss me after this, is that right?"

Seungho can't help but smile. His smile soon stretched to a grin. "Yes, you said that yesterday. But that's not my intention." Seungho looked over to him. ''I just want to have dinner. With you.''

Karam stared back at him, trying to figure out if he was being serious or sarcastic, but he only looked back at him with a genuine look on his face. Karam knew what this was, and he had asked enough questions for now.

''All right, then.''

"Have you wondered why I took to liking you so fast since the first time I told you that I liked you?" Seungho asked, as he looked in Karam's eyes. Karam shook his head. He had no idea what Seungho was talking about.

"I used to watch you, back when you were in your own world. That's how I found out you were different....unbelievably attractive. I mean, you're just not like anyone else here, not like anyone else I know. And I like it. A LOT. I started to like you from then, before you even knew I existed," Seungho said through his smiles.

Karam was silenced with this new confession.

"Don't take it the wrong way, please." Seungho was begging Karam for nothing.

Karam had no reason to be mad at him. Maybe Key was right after all. Seungho was a nice person. And Changmin didn't love him like how he wanted to be. He had to move on. He made a point of reminding himself of this fact nearly every day now.

"Seungho..." Karam said as he took a deep breath and looked into his eyes "I'm happy that you did.” ‘Oh God, please tell me that I’m doing the right thing.’  Karam continued. “I.…”

"Wait, before you say more, I have something for you." Seungho stood up and went to the baby grand piano located two tables away from their table.

Seungho smiled a bit and sat down on the piano bench, but before he began to play it, he gazed at Karam, flashing his famous sunshine smile at him. He couldn't quite believe it, that this amazing, beautiful, entirely unique man was his now, entirely his. Karam adjusted himself in the seat, feeling Seungho stare at him. "Karam," he said, catching his attention. "I'm going to play this song for you. I hope you like it."

Blushing, Karam was amazed as soon as he heard Seungho pl

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter