Chapter 15

I lied... I love you
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Changmin bid goodbye to Kyuhyun, his best friend who was the last to leave and was about to enter the house when he noticed his Daddy Jae sitting on a couch on the balcony and looking up at the clear sky.

"Daddy, what are you doing here alone?" Changmin asked.

"Ahh... nothing Minnie, Daddy  was just... enjoying the night."

"Daddy , what were you thinking about?" He wasn't satisfied with his Daddy Jae's answer.

Jaejoong sighed. "It's about your brother. It's really shocking news to say the least, that he's in a relationship with Seungho. Daddy and appa had always hoped that both of you would marry nice girls and give us grandchildren. But... well...If your brother chose to be with Seungho, let's support him, okay? Plus, he will need our support when appa comes home later."

Changmin felt fear take over as his Daddy Jae said those words. 'Let's support him'. How can he, when he loves his brother too? How can he give his support to them? When he wants to have his brother for himself?

'Daddy, I'm the one who needs the support here!'  Changmin bit the inside of his cheeks. If only he could say it out loud.

"Daddy, you are okay with hyung loving a boy?"

Jaejoong turned to Changmin and smiled. He put an arm around Changmin's shoulders. "Love comes in all shapes and forms, Minnie. It's not like we can forbid him from loving someone, nobody can. Love is undefeatable. Just like appa and daddy. We love each other and have lived happily until now. Daddy will pray the same for your brother. If he's happy with that boy, let us be happy with him. And you too, Minnie."

Changmin was silent for a minute, thinking over everything his daddy had just said.

"Now daddy understands why both of you were acting kinda weird around each other. You're jealous because your brother has a boyfriend now, aren't you? That his attention is now divided into two. Half for his brother and another half for his boyfriend. Because you're used to having his attention one hundred percent."

"Ah, no...Daddy. It's not like that," Changmin tried to deny.

"Daddy knows, your brother pampared you too much. Maybe it's time for you to be independent now, Minnie." Jaejoong ruffled Changmin's hair. “Your brother can't be there for you all the time. He will have his own life soon. Promise daddy that Minnie will support him when he needs it."

"Yeah." That's all he could say. Changmin knew he was supposed to say 'yes' But his lips felt frozen and the word 'yeah' came out. He grinned at his daddy, but felt a shiver run down his spine.

Jaejoong patted Changmin's back. "Your time will come, Minnie. You will fall in love with a nice girl and you will marry her. And you will give daddy and appa grandchildren. You're our hope now." With a hand to his mouth Jaejoong blocked out the long yawn that was trying to escape from his tired form. "It's almost midnight. Let's go inside." Jaejoong stood up.

"Daddy, go ahead first. I want to stay for a few more minutes."

"All right. Good night." Jaejoong kissed the top of his head and walked inside, leaving his younger son alone with his messy head and miserable thoughts which gave him a major headache. He couldn't take this any longer and he knew it.

Changmin sighed loudly in frustration and ran his fingers through his thick hair. This was the worse birthday present he'd ever had. His daddy had given his blessing to Karam's relationship with Seungho. And his parent hoped that he would give them grandchildren!

'Their hope lies on you now, Jung Changmin.' He chuckled bitterly.

"Why do I have to be a Jung?" He murmured softly.

 

~~~~~~~~~~~~~

 

After Jaejoong was satisfied that his sons were doing fine, he was ready to go back to Singapore after two days.

"Be good, boys! Daddy has to go now."

"All right, Daddy." They all hugged. "Say hi to appa, neh? And please ask him to eat more, you know how he is when working. He tends to forget all the time!"

Jaejoong giggled, "That's why daddy needs to be there with appa.

"Final call for passenger flight SQ21 to Singapore at 10:30 a.m., please proceed to gate number forty two for immediate boarding. Final call .......-"

"Well, seems like daddy really has to go now or I'll miss my flight. Come here~" They hugged again and Jaejoong kissed them both on their foreheads.

"Take care, okay?"

"You too, Daddy Jae!" they both called, before Jaejoong disappeared in the crowd.

 

~~~~~~~~~~~~~

 

"Good morning, Mr. Park," Seungho greeted his coach after he entered his office.

“Good morning, Seungho. Please take a seat.” Mr. Park wordlessly handed him his Algebra test paper. This Seungho took eagerly. His deep, dark eyes lit up like a chandelier when he saw the score written on the upper-right hand corner of his test paper. "Yahoooo!!!!" He pumped his fists happily.

Mr. Park smiled at him. "You did it, Seungho. Congratulations. An almost perfect score."

“Mr. Park, may I excuse myself now? There’s someone I need to thank for this result.”

Mr. Park just nodded. He knew that the someone Seungho mentioned was Jung Karam. “Go ahead. Say my thanks to him as well." Seungho immediately left the office after he got permission from Mr. Park.

Seungho practically sprinted to his class. There he saw that Karam was giggling while talking to Key. He walked straight to him and lifted his palm to him excitedly. His face practically shone because of his sunshine smile. Karam blinked when he saw that Seungho was holding his palm in front of his face.

"Huh?" He stared at him

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter