Chapter 24

I lied... I love you
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

Kay looked closely. 'Is Seungho shouting at Karam? Are they fighting?'

Key stopped his car at a red traffic lights. While waiting for the lights to turn to green, he happened to glance to his right out the window and noticed that it was Karam and Seungho in a car next to him.  As his glass window was tinted slightly darker than normal, people outside can't see inside clearly. But he can clearly see the two seemed to be in arguments. Fighting should be the correct term to use. His suspicions were confirmed when he saw Karam brought his hands to his face and was like.... wiping his tears? Feeling butterflies in the pits of his stomach, he quickly reached for his cell phone.

"Hello?" Changmin answered his cell phone.

'Neh, Changmin. This is Key hyung. Where are you now?'

"I'm at school. I had football practice. I'm just done shower and I'm going home now. What's the matter, hyung?" Changmin asked and slung the bag over his shoulder while he headed out from the changing room.

'Do you know where your hyung is now?'

Changmin stopped walking. "At home maybe. Hyung, why? What's wrong?"

"Hyung's at a red traffic light next to Seungho's car now. Your hyung is inside with him. Changmin, do have any idea what happen to them? They seemed to be in a fight. A serious one. I think I saw Seungho shouting at Karam. I swear I saw Karam crying. I'm worried, Changmin." Key rushed, in a near frenzy.

" Key hyung, is my hyung okay?" His heart started beating fast. He was nervous, real nervous.

'Yes, as I can see it now. But something was not right about them. What is going on Changmin?'

 'Damn!!!'

"I think... maybe... maybe... Seungho had found out."

'Found out about what, Changmin?'

"Found out about us. Me and hyung are... are lovers. I love my brother, Key hyung." His voice was worried, tinged with regret and yet it carries a slight tone of pride.

"What!!??"

Changmin shifted the phone to the other side of his ear as he heard Key screamed. "Look, Key hyung, Not now. I don't have time to explain, I'll tell you later. Please follow their car and tell me their whereabouts. I'm coming now." Changmin started to run to his parked car.

'I'm not sure where they're going but I will follow them. Just stay on the phone and you better hurry.' Key immediately told Changmin their location.

"Key hyung, please don't lose them." Changmin said while running.

"I won't." Knowing Seungho, Key's worried double up. ', Seungho is driving like crazy. I might lose them.' Key cursed to himself not letting Changmin to hear it.

Changmin was racing through the interstate, breaking all possible speed records. Still he’s willing his car to drive even faster, if it was possible. Concentrating on the road, Changmin didn't allow himself to think. " Turn left… go straight… faster…faster…" was only words allowed in his head right now. He could feel his heartbeat rising to the maximum.

"I'll kill you if you hurt my hyung, Yang Seungho!!" Changmin was shouting inside his car. "I'm coming to get you, hyung. Please be safe."

 

~~~~~~~~~~~~

 

Seungho parked his car in front of his house. He quickly got out from the car and walked to Karam's side and opened the door. He grabbed Karam's hand and was practically dragging him out of the car, and towards his house. He tossed Karam on the couch. Karam felt the couch stop him from going any farther, and he put his hands on the top of the furniture to steady himself. Seungho bent over and reached over the back of the couch pinning Karam in between and laughing as he did so. "Karam, you little sneak. You're so naïve." he said mockingly. "Don’t worry, I’ll be on my best behavior and try to resist the overwhelming temptation to take advantage of you, ok?” He added with a smirk.

They stared for a minute. Suddenly Seungho's expression changed. He tightly closed his eyes and gritted his teeth. He wanted to say so many terrible things to him right then. But he couldn't find his voice. All that he could get out was a small, "You lied to me." Seungho shook his head in disbelieve... refusing to believe when he knew better.

"Seungho, I'm scared. Please send me home."

"Don’t be scared  Karam. I would never hurt you. I would kill anyone who tried touching you. If I would to hurt you, I would never forgive myself. Do you understand? I would never harm you." Seungho said calmly. It took everything he had to get his emotions back under control.

Seungho looked deep into Karam's eyes. "You said you love me. But it's all only to cover for you... I'm just a cover."

Karam remained silent. He didn't dare to say anything.

Drawing in a deep breath, Seungho leaned up. "I don't deserve this, Karam. Damn it. Damn it all. If I can just...go back... before it all happened... I could stop it. I...already know who's the extra one." Seungho stared at Karam. His expression remained calmly emotionless. "What should I do now?"

"Seungho, please..."

"Karam, you...you meant a lot to me. I can't forget about this, no, I can't forget about you. This is too much for me! God, I'm such an idiot!" Seungho felt sick. He wanted to cry, and punch a wall, and throw up, all at the same time. He buried his face in his hands, trying hard to stop his tears and hide the shock that Karam had made him feel.

"Seungho, ...."

Seungho looked up at Karam. "No wonder you're so distant from me lately. Damn it, I couldn't even make you happy for you just to think only me."

Even in brief minutes, Karam remembered every second of every minute

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter