Chapter 36

I lied... I love you
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

Meanwhile, standing inside the lounge was Yamapi, who at first glance most would think he shouldn't be there. But for those of Jung's hope, he was their greatest hope at this time being. He was Jaejoong's most trusted person to take care of his son and although not the best choice for Yunho.

Jaejoong walked in first and held the door to the lounge wide open for everyone to see. He tapped on the door gently to signal that they've arrived and Yamapi glanced up at them, setting his gaze back upon the most beautiful person standing before him, he let out a sigh when he saw Changmin tormented face behind him. He motioned for them to make their way further inside. "Take a seat," Jaejoong said to Changmin. Changmin walked inside and slumped down on the couch.

"Hi Jaejoong, Yunho." Yamapi began. He extended is hand and Yunho accepted it.

"Yamapi, thanks for doing this. Changmin has been very close with you and your family and I hope you can guide him well too." Jaejoong explained trying not to blush too much when Yunho slung his arm around his waist and hold it tight.

Yamapi noting the intense gazes he was getting from Yunho, tried to change the subject, before either of them had a chance to question him. "I'm rather surprised to be honest... when you asked me to let Changmin stay with me."

Yunho was knocked out of his thoughts when Yamapi spoke, Jaejoong was the first to get his answer out, and chuckled a bit. "Well, I believe you would take good care of him. I leave it to the both of you to talk. I'll be with Changmin." Jaejoong smiled at Yamapi and went to sit down next to his son on the couch.

Yunho and Yamapi stood in silence as soon as Jaejoong left them alone. That was the first time they faced each other after twelve years. Yunho had sworn that he won't see Yamapi again after he went back to Seoul with Jaejoong and Changmin, but fate made him meet Yamapi again. Yunho took a moment to look at Yamapi, who was also looking back at him.

"How about we have a drink first at the counter?" Yamapi broke the silence nodding his head towards the bar counter.

"Sure. I think I need it, too." Yunho replied. They both walked to the bar counter and sat on a bar stool next to each other.

"You look so tense." Yamapi acknowledged, sipping his drink. "I know it's not easy." he said, genuine sincerity in his voice.

"What is there to say?" Yunho questioned, truly at a loss. "I appreciate what you're trying to do, but my son’s relationship...it's more than that, and you know it, Yamapi." He looked over at Jaejoong as he lifted his glass and took a sip from his drink. From the corner of his eyes he noticed Yamapi eyeing him hesitantly before he too, took a sip from his drink. He felt as if all of the air had been punched out of his gut. It was a disgruntling realization to make, that Yunho almost felt sick at the thought but he was too experienced by now to ignore the problem. If he wanted to deal with Yamapi once and for all, it had to be now.

"I know."

"I didn't know what's your reason is behind all this." Yunho said. "I don't know why you are willing to do this ..."

"Oh cut the act, will you? Just... please, stow your ego." Yamapi said irritably. "Look, I knew. Jaejoong had told me. I can figure out why you are acting like this. Just to remind you again, I'm trying to help you now." Yamapi said simply.

Yunho was getting visibly angrier, unsure of what the hell Yamapi was talking about. "Whatever you think you've figured out, you're wrong."

"Stop saying that like you know me."  Yamapi said sarcastically.

"Shut up." Yunho spit out. "I'm just trying to be nice here, Yamapi! You owe me, remember? I still haven't told Jaejoong that you and your father ‘hid’ him and Changmin and erased their existance during their stay in Japan with you. So why don't you just shut up and listen for once?" Yunho could feel anger bubbling beneath his skin as he hissed every word so that no one else but Yamapi would hear him.

Yamapi's face blanched at this, and he obeyed hesitantly. "You made my life miserable when you took him back to Seoul with you. I could ruin you, I could let you crash and burn but I haven't. The least you could do is to stop taking your dumb jealousy out on me, because it certainly isn't winning my heart over."

The tension between them had thrown him for a loop. Yunho had expected the whole meeting to be quicker, duller, lesser in some key way. However, as soon as he'd taken those few steps inside the room and spotted Yamapi, he'd known it'd be something else.

"Fine. I'm sorry for behaving like a jerk towards you. Let’s start anew."

"There's nothing to apologize for. I know that I'm a part of the reason you said those things. You were right to say what you did. But I'm glad you could say that." Yamapi said.

"Let me go straight to the point why I'm here now. I'm sure you already know what is happening in my family. Jaejoong told me he had met with you before this." Yunho said.

"Yes. I knew. But I will not say anything about it. It's your decision if you chose to go against their relationship."

"I... I don't really know why I'm here... I...just hope everything will be fine with Changmin staying with you for a while if that's ok?" Yunho voiced out, his tone doing nothing to hide his fear. He looked down towards Changmin, who was sitting quietly on the couch playing with his cell phone. Under any other circumstance, Yunho would have never lost every ounce of pride and courage that he had, but this time he couldn't hold back. It was as if someone had possessed his mind and taken over his power of restraint.

Yamapi scoffed, clearly annoyed with the question. "Of course he can stay with me as long as he wants! Or needs...

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter