Chapter 40

I lied... I love you
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

Seungho lay in bed, threw back the covers, and stared at the ceiling. It was almost as if he could feel Karam lying beside him. He wondered if he still has his ring on his finger. He turned to his side, and placed his hand upon the empty space next to him. It was where he imagined Karam lying almost every night since he knew he loved him. He longed to kiss his cheek goodnight. He longed to his soft hair, kiss his neck, and splay his large hands across the bare skin of his back. He loved him. He would make whatever sacrifices if Karam wanted him to make.

His mind flashed back to when he first saw him the first day he entered his new school, how gorgoues he was and how he fell in love the minute he talked to him in class. He smiled when he thought about Karam asking him to skip school and that led to their relationship to start. Five days ago he slipped a ring into his finger. It was one of the happiest days of his life.

It's been five days since Seungho last saw Karam which was the night he slid a ring into his finger, but it felt more like five years. He knew Karam was sad, so he thought of giving him more time. He admitted to himself that he have missed him, he missed seeing him, he missed his voice, the way he smells, his hair, his eyes, everything. He wanted to see him. He needs to see him. He grabbed his car key and walked to his car. Seconds later he pulled out of his driveway.

Finally Seungho pulled up to the Jung's mansion and Jaejoong came out to greet him.

"Mr. Jung, may I see Karam?"

Jaejoong and Seungho stood silently staring at each other. "Seungho, please be patient with Karam. He…" Jaejoong began, but didn't know how to finish the sentence.

"I understand, Mr. Jung." Seungho replied. "Don't worry Mr. Jung, I'll make him smile again," Seungho said with a smile.

"I'm glad to hear that., It just that... he's been through so much already. Try not to push him."

"You can trust me, Mr. Jung."

Jaejoong nodded, not knowing what to say next. "He's upstairs, he hasn't come out since that night. Go ahead. Just knock on his door." Jaejoong told.

Seungho made his way up towards Karam's room. "Karam? It's me, Seungho."

Karam opened the door. He observed Seungho for the other extreme, his face emotionless. Karam knew Seungho was waiting for him to react somehow, but he decided to hide all of his emotions and just listen to him. He held the door open wider and motioned for Seungho to walk in.

Silence fell between them now, although they were still looking at each other. Seungho was happy to just absorb the moment and lose himself in Karam's eyes. He took Karam's hands in his. Seungho seemed in no rush to make Karam speak or hear what he had to say and simply watched him tenderly, letting Karam take his time.

Karam took several small calming breaths as he looked at Seungho.  "Seungho," Karam began to speak and found it difficult to concentrate on forming words when Seungho's hand was holding him in such a tender way; his thumb grazing every so lightly back and forth across the backs of his fingers.

Seungho's heart was starting to pound at the simple saying of his name from his lips. He hadn't realized how much he had missed it, or in the way he said it now. He wasn't in a hurry to rush him, enjoying the simple contact of his allowing him to hold his hand, to touch his skin and remembering what a gift it was to be able to do that in this moment.

Jaejoong's warning words flashed through his mind about not pushing Karam too fast, too soon, or he'd make decisions now he wasn't ready to make and it would end badly for them all.

"It's okay." He spoke after a long moment of prolonged silence as Karam looked down and visibly upset as he tried to think of what to say. "No rush." He assured him with a small smile.

Karam's eyes flashed up to his, slightly surprised at what he'd just said. He hadn't known Seungho to ever be this…patient. He was usually always the one pushing took control of everything. Karam didn't know if he actually meant it now, but he could see the sincerity in his eyes in this moment, that he would at least try.

Seungho remained quiet, letting him speak and clenching his jaw to remind him to slow down when all he wanted to do was to take him in his arms and kiss him again. "Are you angry with me?" Seungho asked with a quiet voice.

"No," Karam shook his head softly squeezing his hand a little more tightly, "I was at first, because... I didn't understand why you would do this after all I've done to you. But when I had a moment to think.... I know this is the right thing for me to do." He swallowed hard remembering his conversations with his parent in their talk before. He couldn't let Seungho know about it.

Seungho cleared his throat. 'I hope you really meant what you just said, Karam.' He wanted to kiss away the pain he saw etched across his body, to reassure him that he was going to be all right and that he'd never let him go. He swallowed hard seeing Karam's eyes as he stared at him. "I had no idea so many things happened to us and how you changed me. And that now, you’re my fiancé. It is truly fascinating, Karam. I promised that we are going to start new." He smiled softly at him.

To hear Seungho's words following along and the excitement and joy in his voice was tugging madly on Karam's heartstrings. Seungho seemed genuinely excited about being with him and it broke his heart all over again to be in the position they were. He didn't know what he wanted anymore and this was all too co

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter