Chapter 2

I lied... I love you
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Karam smiled to himself as he walked the short trip to his locker. As he was taking some books out of his locker, he was startled to be greeted by a smile consisting of straight white teeth reflected in the mirror inside his locker.

Lifting his gaze to meet the pair of twinkling black eyes reflected in the mirror, he released a sigh of fond annoyance. “Seungho, you startled me. Is something wrong?”

“Nope. Just want to be the first one to greet you on this lovely morning.” With that, his hands quickly grasped the books from Karam’s slack fingers. “You look gorgeous, by the way, with the navy blue turtleneck. The dark tone compliments your complexion well.”

Karam could only stared at him in surprise as a slight tinge of pink appeared on his pale cheeks. “Uh, thanks. Mind returning me my books?”

“Why? We’re heading to the same class anyway. I’ll hold these for you,” Seungho replied smoothly, leaving no room for argument.

Releasing an annoyed sigh, Karam grabbed Seungho’s wrist, his other hand prying the books from Seungho. “Seungho, I thought that we settled this last week. I’m not a girl that you can just woo and go out with.” Indicating himself, he continued. “As you can clearly see, I’m a guy, who can hold his books by himself and not some frail damsel that needs your help to hold her books.”

Finally releasing his hold on the books, Seungho ran his hand through his short hair, his expression turning frustrated. “Karam, I know that you’re not a girl. But, it’s my first time pursuing a guy. Can’t you at least give me a chance? You said that you’re not interested in me, but you haven’t even gotten to know me outside of class. So, can’t we get to know each other outside of class hours? Please?”

Gazing at the pleading eyes, Karam would've given in if it hadn't been for his best friend’s timely arrival.

“Key’s in the house, babe!” Key announced his arrival as his hands s around Karam’s shoulders.

“Seungho,” he addressed the short-haired guy as he realised that his arrival had interrupted something important. However, before Key could come to some kind of assumption, the bell rang, signalling the start of their first class. “Come on, Karam. We better get going before Mr. Lee fries our asses.”

“Ahh, uh, yeah," the dark-haired boy muttered before turning to follow his best friend to class.

As soon as they were seated, Key began his interrogation. “So, what did Seungho want from you today?”

“...” Karam didn’t answer, his stare fixated on the book lying on his table.

Watching his friend’s obvious reluctance to tell him about it, Key decided to push it away for the moment. So, putting his chin atop his hands, Key started a new topic. “How was your holiday from me?”

“Boring. Classes felt so dull without you!” Karam’s voice took on a dramatic turn.

Key laughed at the exaggerated statement. “Then you should be grateful that I decided to come back early! If not, you’d be about being bored in every class!”

Karam smiled. “I am grateful. I’m just confused how you could come back so early. The last time we talked, I recall your mom saying that you’d be on bed rest for another week.”

Key grinned mischievously. “I persuaded my mom to let me return early. It was so boring staying at home, especially since my parents decided to pay a visit to my sister a few days ago and left me to fend for myself at home.”

Karam and Key talked for a few more minutes before a chair was situated in front of their tables and Seungho sat down.

“What is it, Seungho?” Key asked, his eyes narrowed in annoyance.

“Hey, I haven’t done anything to you, " the taller boy said, raising his hands in a gesture of submission. “I just wanted to continue my conversation with Karam."

“There’s nothing more to be said, Seungho. I made that clear last week.” Karam’s voice was firm, though his eyes couldn’t meet the fervently hopeful black eyes staring at him. “I’m not looking for commitment right now. And even if I’m looking, I certainly wouldn’t look at you. You’re probably confusing me for a girl.”

“As beautiful as you are, I don’t think I’ll ever confuse you for a girl.” Seungho spoke, his expression serious. “It’s because you’re so obviously a guy that I’ve been through the denial stage, because I didn't want to fall for you. But, people say ‘love is blind’, and I still ended up falling for you.”

Karam kept quiet as Seungho spoke, his mind in a jumbled mess.

“Karam, beautiful, would you give me a chance? You can’t run away from me all the time. We’re in the same class, after all."

Before Karam could speak or Key could interfere, their homeroom teacher came in carrying a stack of papers.

“Everyone, sit down. We’re going to have a pop quiz.” His announcement elicited a chain of groans and mumbled protests which he ignored. “Mr. Yang, do I need to you to your seat?”

“Seungho, go. Please,” Karam pleaded, his eyes glancing from the scowling teacher to the laid back teen in front of him.

“Promise me that you’ll think about it. If you don’t promise, I’m not leaving.”

“I promise. Now, go, shoo.” Karam waved his hands away in the motion of shooing.

Seungho laughed. "I’ll see you later then.”

As soon as Seungho sat down in his seat beside his best friend, LeeJoon, Key turned to face Karam, his face registering shock and dawning realisation. “Since when?”

“Two weeks ago.”

“While I was absent? Did he try anything with you? That bastard, while I wasn’t here...”

“No, no, he didn’t. It’s just that while you were away due to your surgery, he started to talk to me. At first I thought that he just wanted to be my friend because I looked lonely without you. Then, one day, he pulled me i

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter