Chapter 39

I lied... I love you
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Yamapi couldn't sleep. He rolled over onto his side, adjusting his blanket over his shoulders. He had been tossing and turning for what must have been hours. He felt no use trying to get comfortable when there was too much on his mind, and far too much tension in the air for him to feel at ease, even with Changmin now under his care. He watched his wife was sleeping soundly.  Finally, he swung his legs out of bed and stood, stretching his arms over his head. He wasn't sure what he was planning to do, but he couldn't take lying silently in his bed all alone with his thoughts any longer so he left his bedroom and walked very quietly down the stairs. He was so lost in his thoughts, that he didn't even realize he had passed Changmin's room until he heard a scream. 'Hyung!!'  He paused, looking back up at Changmin's closed bedroom door. From under the door he could see the light was still on.

He knocked at the door, then a loud shout,  "Changmin, can I come in?"

Changmin quickly wiped his tears with his sleeve and went to open the door. He just looked down without saying anything to Yamapi and walked back to his bed.

Yamapi entered the room, following closely behind Changmin. "Minnie, are you okay? I was on the way down to my study room when I heard your voice from outside. I thought something happened to you." He asked, eyeing at the boy.

Changmin just keep his silence. Yamapi sat next to him on the edge of the bed and took a glance at the boy's face. 'He's been crying.'

"Minnie, do you want to talk with me?" Yamapi asked concernedly.

Changmin inhaled a long breath and exhaled. He looked at Yamapi. "Uncle Yamapi, why am I so weak?"

Yamapi raised his eyebrows. "What do you mean? Why would you think that?"

"Hyung... hyung just accepted Seungho's proposal. He's getting engage with Seungho in two days. I didn't know how to take it, Uncle Yamapi. I didn't know if I can take it. I'm so weak, Uncle Yamapi." He looked down at his hands on his laps.

Yamapi pulled Changmin into a hug. He had no clue what to say so he said the first thing that came to his mind. "You are not weak son, you need to understand that. Nobody believes you are.You're a strong boy. Stronger than you ever knew." Changmin hugged him back, tight. After a while he let go, trying his best to keep the tears inside.

"Changmin, your Daddy Jae loved you very much, so much that he sacrificed his life for you, he wanted the best for you. As did your appa." He added. "Besides, it's just an engagement. Not a wedding."

Changmin just looked at Yamapi, unable to reply back. But when he thought about what Seungho did to his brother, the blood drained from his face, and his palms turned clammy. "Uncle Yamapi, I want to go back to Seoul. Just for a while."

Yamapi sighed. "No Changmin, I'm not letting you to go back just to break your heart even more. I don't think it’s a good idea for now. Just give it sometime for things to settle down. I bet your brother is very upset right now. For you to go back will just make the matter worsen"

"But Uncle Yamapi...."

Yamapi straightened himself out.  "Changmin, I loved you with full-hearted in my life. I just want you to be happy. That's all…" Yamapi cupped Changmin face, "...and my answer is still no."  

For a moment Changmin just stared at Yamapi, his face an unreadable mask. Then he nodded slowly.  "Yeah, I know that Uncle Yamapi… I love you too. I understand why you're not letting me to go back to Seoul. Thanks for always be my side in my whole life, Uncle Yamapi. Thank you." Changmin whispered softly. Suddenly, Yamapi's hand being held by Changmin. "But I hope Seungho not using hyung for revenge. That day, after he found out about...us... he tried to do bad things to hyung." Changmin said, sounding frightened.

"I'm sure Seungho love your brother as much too, Changmin. A guy will not go down on his knees until he was sure about it. Besides, your appa and Daddy Jae wouldn’t let anything to happen to your brother. They must’ve made sure everything was all right with Seungho before they let him be be near your brother. I figured your appa and Daddy Jae would have made a plan for it.”

Changmin looked bewildered for a couple of heart beats, then realization dawned on his face. "Oh," he said, quietly. He slightly felt the heavy load lighten up.

"Why is this happening to you, son? I know how it feels."  Yamapi thought to himself. He wished that someday Changmin will find the happiness in his own life. "But, Changmin, you just arrived here few days ago. How come your brother accepted Seungho's proposal so fast? By the way, who is Seungho?" Yamapi furrowed his brow looking at the young boy.

Changmin looked at Yamapi. "I know its appa and Daddy Jae’s doing this arrangement, Uncle Yamapi. Poor hyung. He must have been forced to accept it. Seungho is hyung's boyfriend. His boyfriend before we...." Changmin stopped half way.

"Oh yes, your Daddy Jae did tell me before."

"Uncle Yamapi, can I ask you a favor?" Changmin asked. There's some sadness in his voice although he tried to smile. After hearing that, Yamapi nodded. He would do anything for him.

"If fate states that my love towards my brother can become a reality in my life, can you give me your support......"

Yamapi want to cut it whatever he was saying but suddenly stopped when he heard the next thing coming out from Changmin.

"...but, if fate states that my brother didn't meant together with me, can you help me… Help me to forget about him. Would you help me?" Changmin tugged on Yamapi's shirt. Yamapi swear that he feels like killing someone for it.

Yamapi hugged him and both of his hand patting softly at Changmin's hairs and back to soothing him. His heart broke. He felt pain for this boy, because of the ordeal he had been through, and the one he was presently facing, but he was unable to help him in any way. He could also not help but feel slightly responsible, and he was not sure why.

"Changmin, right now, I'm not in the position to help you other than few words to lessen your pain.  But, I'm always on your side. I'm always here for you. You can depend on me for that. And as for your brother, it's only a proposal and not that they're getting married tomorrow."

"What if... hyung really chose to marry Seungho?"

It takes a few seconds for Yamapi to answer, so overcome and flabbergasted and completely done is he. He works his jaw, the word not coming out of his mouth. But he finally managed   "Sometimes, when you love someone, seeing him happy the life he chose is the best gift you can give and you should be happy if your brother chose that for his life. Only he knew what's best for him."

"Just like you and Daddy Jae." Changmin said. He noticed Yamapi's body suddenly froze and eyes widen in surprise, and he cursed under his breath. He should have kept his mouth shut.

Yamapi was dumbfounded with Changmin's statement. He didn't know how to reply back.

"Uncle Yamapi, can I ask you something?"

"What is it, Minnie?"

"Do you love Daddy Jae?"

"Yes, I love him."

"Do you... still love him. I mean, like before."

Yamapi allowed himself the indulgence of a small smile. "Yes, I still love him... like before. And I'm happy seeing and knowing that he's happy with the life he'd choose."

"I hope I can be strong like you too, Uncle Yamapi."

'I hope you won't have to go through what I have been through, my son. It's not as easy as you saw it.'

Yamapi felt helpless, sitting there. Because he knows that if he can't do something, anything, to help the boys. He marched out of the room, to try to calm himself. He went to his room, grabbed his cell phone and went down to his study room downstairs. He stared at his phone before he decided to make the call.

'Hello.' The other line answered.

"Hello, Jae."

Jaejoong immediately recognised the voice. "Yamapi. Is everything all right with Changmin?"

"Why didn't you tell me that Karam is getting engage with Seungho? You've planned this don't you, Jae?" Yamapi demanded, straight to the point.

Silence.

"Kim Jaejoong!" Yamapi shouted, trying to get the person on the other line's attention. "What happen

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter