6 RAINBOW

Send Me A Rainbow

 

life-question-quotes-tumblr.jpg

credits: tumblr, Google, friendsStatus.com

 

It was two and a half years ago, when Minkyeong waddled out of the room with our 6 month old MiEun in her arms, Junhyun tagging closely behind begging his mother to let him hold his sister. Getting up from the couch, I walked over to Minkyeong and took MiEun into my arms so that Minkyeong could go to the kitchen to fix MiEun a bottle of milk. Pointing to JunHyun, she teased, “You’re taking him too. They’re a package.” True enough as soon as I got hold of MiEun, Junhyun turned his attention to me and started to bug me for his little sister. Laughing at his innocence and insistence, I led him to the living room where I his favorite animated series to distract him from his sister. With a relieved smile on her face, Minkyeong headed towards the kitchen.

Within minutes, a loud crash came from the kitchen followed by a shocked gasp. Placing MiEun on the mattress, I dashed to the kitchen, where I found the jar on the floor, its content spilled all over, and MinKyeong staring at her hands, wide eyed. “What happened?” I questioned anxiously as I stepped across the mess and cupped her face in my hands. “You are not hurt anywhere, are you?”

 

As though she was awakened by my voice, she jumped slightly and shifted her gaze to me and shook her head. Pushing her towards the table, I sat her down on one of the chairs before grabbing a cloth from the sink and began cleaning up before anyone had the chance to slip on it. Glancing back at her occasionally, I noticed her staring blankly at her hands. Realizing that something was amiss, I rushed through the cleaning and threw the cloth into the sink before settling down on the seat opposite from hers. “What’s wrong? You’ve been staring at your hand for a while now.” Noticing tears forming in her eyes, I panicked. Minkyeong wasn’t the kind to just cry at any small matter. Quickly, I added. “It was an accident, don’t think too much into it.” Minkyeong had always been a careful person so I assumed that she was just shocked that she had been so careless this time. Deciding that nothing I said was getting to her at the moment, I stood up to leave, allowing some alone time to herself while I fed MiEun, only to be stopped by a cold hand wrapping around my wrist.

“Kwangmin uh,” she started in a soft tone, “I couldn’t feel my hands just now. I was so scared.” I stared at her for a moment before registering what she had just said. Patting her head lightly, I comforted her, convincing her that she had probably just over exerted herself, especially with the addition of Mieun. She shook her head in denial. “No, you don’t get it. This isn’t the first time.”

Observing that she was dead serious about it, I rubbed her hands gently, “Alright then, how about I schedule a doctor’s appointment for you to get your hands checked?” she finally nodded calmly, agreeing with what I just said. But with our job and the kids taking up all our time, the visit to the doctor’s never came.
 

 

It was a usual Sunday morning, and as a family, we gathered in the living room after our breakfast, when MinKyeong decided she needed a bath. Getting up from the couch, she walked around the mattress with MiEun on it, trying not to step on her baby when she tripped over one of JunHyun’s toy car lying around on the floor and fell… face flat on the ground. I stared at my wife’s motionless body for a moment before it occurred to me what had just happened. Dashing towards her, I anxiously dialed for an ambulance as I took her upper body onto my lap and pressed on her nose bridge to prevent the blood, which had resulted from the impact of the fall, from flowing. At that point in time, I was too focused on attending to her facial injuries and trying to get her to regain her consciousness that I did not realize that her injuries were ONLY on her face. It was only until we were at the hospital and JunHyun accidently tripped over a step and scratched both of his wrists that it hit me. Minkyeong’s wrists were not bruised at all, which should not be the case IF she had attempted to cushion her fall.  I suppose it was a reflex action but she showed no signs of self protection from the impact. Instead, she fall face first onto the floor, losing consciousness immediately. All of a sudden, I remembered MinKyeong complaining that her hands had lost its touch a couple of weeks ago.

I realized something was wrong and with the kids in tow, I rushed off to consult the doctor.

 

The doctor settled Minkyeong down on the bed in his consultation room as he asked her a few questions about losing touch in her hands. After having run her through some tests, he hurriedly shuffled to his seat and ransacked his file for an untouched document and requested for us to fill it in so that he could refer us to another specialist that same afternoon. Unsure of what was going on, I looked to the doctor as he handed me the documents and for some unknown reason I caught a glimpse of uncertainty and worry in his eyes. “In the meantime,” he announced as he stood up to leave, “I shall book MinKyeong ssi an appointment for 4 pm later. Hopefully the doctors there will be able to attend to MinKyeong ssi’s problems more appropriately. ” I looked to my watch and noticed that it was half an hour to 4pm. Quickly, I scribbled down both MinKyeong and my personal information and signed myself as a “guardian”. Which basically mean, MinKyeong’s life and death decisions not only lied in her hands, but also mine and that both of us had to agree before any major decisions could be made. Oh how I regret signing that…

 

We sat in the doctor’s office for the longest 30 minutes of our lives, fooling around with the kids as we talked about everything under the sun. “So Kwang uh, do you think it is anything serious? Like… will our lives change after that visit to the doctor?” MinKyeong asked calmly, however, I felt likewise. My heart beat quickened as I stared into MinKyeong’s eyes as though the answers were there.

Dropping my shoulders, I shrugged. “I don’t know. But I’m sure whatever it is you will be fine. With me around you have nothing to be afraid of, I won’t let anything happen to you. I promise.” I tried to assure, although I wasn’t sure myself as well. “And you two too!” I cooed as I pinched their little noses, causing them to giggle. Good going Jo Kwangmin. Never make promises that you can’t keep.

 

 

Hi all this is the new chapter hope you enjoy it ^^ this chapter is a little more "calm" as compared to the others but just wait, theres much more to come in the next chapter. Do continue reading. 

Although there arent any new subscribers this time round either there are  a few people we would like to thank.

For those who have been reading this story, thank you all so much for your lovely comments and suscribing! ^^ We couldnt have kept going without you all, especially since this is an emotional story to us. 

For those new readers, do comment and subscribe ! We really look forward to seeing you support our story, so thank you in advance ^^ 

We will try to update as soon as we can so please be patient with us :D 

Once again, thank you all so much ! Couldn't have done it all without you ^^ We hope this story would inspire you all to love life. :) 

Life isn't perfect, but that doesn't mean its not worth the while. Every step you take, you gain new experiences be it good or bad, and you will see new things you never saw before. So keep walking on.

See you all soon ! ^^ 

Love, 

YooGeum. <3