19 RAINBOW

Send Me A Rainbow

quotes_snow.jpg

credits: Tumblr, Google 

 

I pulled MiEun up on my lap as JunHyun climbed onto the bed, and settled himself beside his sleeping mother. He watched as she did not even flinch even when the bed made a soft creaking sound when he clambered on. Carefully, he laid beside him mother, careful not to touch her hand which was injected with multiple tubes and slowly closed his eyes.

 

It was way past midnight, and MinKyeong had just fallen asleep after taking her medications so I decided to stay a little longer with her to make sure she was okay and there was someone beside her when she woke up. The children insisted on staying up an extra hour with their mother in the room however were by then, too, fast asleep, filling the room with silence.

I could not understand how she was fine when the kids came home and during dinner and all of a sudden she complained about dizziness and before we knew it she had fainted, her fall thankfully cushioned by the couch.

As I began to doze off an hour later, MiEun still in my arms, I vaguely heard a soft groan followed by “Kwangmin uh…” As soon as I recognized that voice, my eye lids split apart and I was greeted by the beautiful sight of the conscious MinKyeong.

“Do you need anything? I was really shocked just now, thank goodness you are fine…” My voice trailed off at the end as I see MinKyeong drifting in and out of sleep from fatigue and I smiled to myself. “Well at least you are okay.” I repeated again, reminding myself that it was over now.

MinKyeong nodded and with a weak and croaky voice, told me to take the kids back to their room so that they can have proper rest. I nodded and picked up JunHyun with my other hand and headed for the door.

 

 

Christmas was just 4 days away, and I felt immensely grateful for the week long Christmas vacation the kids were going to have soon which meant I only needed to worry about shuffling to and fro busily between the school, café and home for the next couple of days, before I could reduce a burden of sending and picking the kids from school on time.

With my two children in my arms, I trudged towards the door next to ours and pushed it open gingerly while trying to balance my two children on my arm when I noticed out the window, the first flake of snow fell, followed by more, decorating the dark night sky with spots of white. The beautiful sight of white snow falling put a smile on my face. I gently shook JunHyun and MiEun awake and told them about the snow. Still groggy, they rubbed their eyes before looking out the window as well towards the vast sky. As if it were instincts, JunHyun put his hand out the window, palms faced upwards and allowed the snow to gently land on it. “MiEunnie! Look! It’s snow!” He said, directing her eyes to his palm. MiEun clapped happily at that. “Appa! This is the first snow?” He asked, his eyes filled with an array of mixed emotions of suspicion, excitement and happiness.

 I nodded. “Yes it is, haven’t you two always wanted to see the first snow fall from the sky?”

 

MiEun chuckled and covered her face with her palms as though overwhelmed by joy, “We were always asleep when the snow came! But now we can see it. Appa, the snow is beautiful!” She commented as she shrugged cutely at her first comment. “Let’s go tell eomma about it! She will be happy! She wants to see it with us too!” She announced out of the blue. I looked at her with love as I nodded. Wiggling out of my arms, they set foot on the floor and dashed once again to our room, completely disregarding the fact that their mother was asleep and burst into the room excitedly, causing MinKyeong to jump a little. “EOMMA!” MiEun started as she pounced onto the bed, careful not to touch her mother but still close enough for her to hear. “The first snow is here! Look!” MinEun announced proudly as she pointed out the window, obviously elated about it. MinKyeong forcefully turned her head towards the direction of the window and a smile crept onto her face.

“Wow!” MinKyeong tried to sound enthusiastic as she smoothed the creases on the back of the children’s shirt. “Isn’t it pretty?” The children nodded.

“We finally saw it!” JunHyun exclaimed as he turned to look at his mother. “Are you happy, eomma?” He asked out of the blue as MinKyeong turned to look at me, astonished by his sudden maturity in his question.

“Of course I am, I got to see the first snow with my children and husband. Of course I am happy.”

“That’s good, because we are all happy. Eomma, don’t hurt anymore, let’s go out to play together now!” Junhyun continued, as though with words, her pain would go away. I carefully sat myself on the bed as well and patted his head.

“Eomma is still sick if she goes out now she will hurt even more.” I tried to explain.

 

JunHyun nodded knowingly before climbing off the bed and headed to the window. Much shorter than the window was, he extended his hand out of the window above his head and waited for a couple of minutes, occasionally bringing his hand in to take a look before extending it out again. Puzzled, we just watched on.

Soon, he came back and clambered onto the bed clumsily, his hands cupped as though trying to protect a baby chick. “Eomma,” he started as he took MinKyeong’s hand and placed his above, allowing the wet substance to touch her hands, “That’s the first snow. But it melted…” JunHyun explained, a tinge of disappointment in his voice.

MinKyeong smiled at him and caressed his face in a motherly manner. “It’s alright JunHyunnie, I saw the first snow before, and seeing it now with the three of you, I’m happy enough.”

JunHyun nodded. “Arasseo! Then next year we shall go out to play together in the first snow, when you get better.”

Still holding onto his hand, MinKyeong nodded, “Arasseo, next year. Appa, JunHyunnie, MiEunnie… and Eomma.” 

 

 

HEY EVERYONE !!!!!!! ^^ how has everyone been doing ? we know we havent been updating frequently and we apologize for that. we were really busy during summer break but its all better now that school is starting. so we will hopefully ahve more time to update. Please be patient with us and we truly appreciate it ! ^^ Do bear with us, we won't let you guys down. here's a short chapter, hope you guys enjoy it ! ^^ 

And a big thank you to our new subscriber, ANS889 !!!!!! 

 

Please do comment, subscribe, upvote, recommend or whatever you do. We are so thankful ! ^^ 

 

Love, 

Yoogeum