15 RAINBOW

Send Me A Rainbow

be-the-change-gandhi.jpg?w=600

Credits: Tumblr, Google

 

 

MinKyeong was like Spring. Refreshing, energetic, cheerful, warm and comfortable. She enjoyed being free, doing the things she loved. Back in our high school days, she would drag me along to her favourite hideout: the garden near her house and she would run and jump around the flowers, a brilliant smile on her face.

 She is by far the most active person I’ve ever met in my whole life. Nothing in the world could possibly make her keep still.

Except for this one tool.

 

 

Crouching down, I gently tugged on one end of the couch, aligning it with the table beside it. I rested my hands on my hips as I heaved out heavily. My eyes ran across the living room as I finally felt satisfied. The couch was now a metre closer to the window, allowing more space between it and the wall separating the living room from the dining area. The coffee table before the couch was also shifted to compromise the size of a wheelchair in between. I grinned as I silently praised myself for a job well done.

Minkyeong in mind, I have been working on this since 5 am this morning, moving the furniture as quietly as I could so that I would not wake MinKyeong up with all the noise. The kids were away for a sleep over at Youngmin’s house for the weekend, which meant that now was the appropriate time to do some serious shifting and readjustments.

 

MinKyeong’s condition took a turn for the worse. Ever since that fall she had at home, she was not able to stand anymore, not even with my support. Her legs would just look like it was wobbly and would crumble beneath her weight. Day in and out, except for when she was sleeping, she was strapped to a wheelchair. It hurts her to see herself in the mirror every morning, seated on a wheelchair. On the outside, she is smiling and joking but I know it hurts her more than anything to see herself in that state.

 

All it took was for one fall, to ruin everything overnight. She knew one day she was bound to be in this position. But if it weren’t for that fall, it would not have happened so quickly. She would have felt it coming then prepared herself for it. And not wake up the next morning in a hospital and never able to walk ever again…

 

A sharp ding came from the kitchen, pulling me out of my thoughts almost immediately. Pacing to the kitchen, I slipped on my gloves and gently pulled the plate out of the oven. I took a big whiff and carefully placed the plate on the table. Setting two smaller plates on the small table in the kitchen directly across from each other, I slapped palms with myself childishly and congratulated myself on yet another success.

With that, I headed for my bedroom.

 

“MinKyeong uh…” I cooed as I stepped into the comforts of our room and was about to gently pat her on her thigh. “I made breakfast.” I said as I sat closer to her and to my surprise, she was already awake.

She examined my surprised face before breaking out into fits of giggles. “I was awake for a really long time already, pretty much since the time you woke up and whined in pain when you knocked your foot on the side table.”

Smiling, I placed an arm beneath her back and helped her up into a sitting position. Tugging the blanket off, I effortlessly lifted her skinny body up from the bed and gently sat her in the wheelchair.

“Well yeah I wanted to give you a surprise,” I started as I pushed her out of the room, occasionally bumping into wall as we went along. “And here it is.” I announced as we entered the living room where I proudly presented her with the newly arranged living room. “So what do you think?”

MinKyeong nodded. “I like it.” She said calmly, happy, but obviously saddened by the reminder that she was now in a wheelchair. I patted her head gently. “It’s so much more convenient now!”

 

I pulled the chair away from the table, placing it at the corner of the kitchen and tucked MinKyeong’s legs under the table. “So I was thinking,” I started as I shoved food onto her plate, “from next week onwards, maybe you can follow me down to the café every day.” I suggested as I began munching on our breakfast. Minkyeong stopped in her actions.

“Why?”

I looked into her eyes, and quickly avoided it again, forcing a smile on my face, “Well, erm, you know… Because you have nothing to do at home anyways so I thought we could spend more time together.”

“Kwangmin,” she set her fork down, “I’m fine,” She assured, possibly finding out about my true intentions.

Truth was, I never want MinKyeong out of my sight ever again. Ever since that day we got discharged from the hospital and Doctor Kwon sighed telling us that her condition was progressing very fast, I just felt like if she was left out of my sight she would just disappear.

And by that I mean…

 

“I know you’re fine,” I replied, “It’s just not the same down at the café without you around. When you’re not there, MinWoo bullies me…” I whined immaturely and sulked, putting a smile on her sullen face with that action.

She sighed heavily, shaking her head in defeat. “Arasseo.” And with that, she began indulging in her breakfast, an unreadable expression on her face. 

 

 

 

Hi everyone !!! It's been a while hasn't it? We apologize for the delay and late update ~ it has been almost a month 0.0 how time flies. 

Anyways heres a short chapter. There will be longer ones to come soon~ We have been relatively busy with school for the past month but we will try to update more often in future when we are less busy :) Please be patient with us and wait for this story ! ^^ 

Please do comment and subscribe and upvote this story ! ^^  If keeps us going :)

and to our new subscribers this time kheeme and kwangminshypika !! THANK YOU GUYS SO MUCH ! ^^ 

 

Love, 

YooGeum <3