12 RAINBOW

Send Me A Rainbow

 

 

imperfection-best-gallery-inspiring-imag

credits to Tumblr and Google

 

 

“JunHyun? JunHyunnie~~” I sing-sang credits to Tumblr and Google as I knocked on my son’s door. Turning the knob, I was greeted by a pouting boy in his favourite corner of the room buried within a pile of toys. Not bothering to look at me, he picked up his toy car and ran it on the shelves, making noises to himself.

 “Appa, Kyujung uh,” he greeted softly. Clearing my throat, I closed the door behind me and inched towards him with KyuJung in tow, not wanting him to feel intimidated.

“May I sit?” I asked politely, as we always do around home to make the children be polite too. JunHYun nodded his head and patted the empty space beside him. Sitting down next to him, I started by striking a conversation about his favourite toys. Magically, his frown disappeared and he excitedly brought many toys to my face and introduced them one by one as though I haven’t already seen then before. Then, I put on a serious expression and tapped KyuJung’s shoulder. Instantly, he snatched one of JunHyun’s favourite toys away from him, announcing that he was going to have it. He blinked his eyes twice at KyuJung before his face creased into a soft smile.

“KyuJung uh, that’s mine, but if you want we can share!” he said calmly, extending his hand out. Once again, KyuJung hid the toy behind him and told him he couldn’t have it back. He repeated that action a couple of times. Noticing that KyuJung was serious, he gave up. “It’s okay then, you can have it. It’s really fun to play with,” he said and showed him how to play with it. As expected… He did not fight back but instead willingly shared. So that should not be the problem.

 

Racking my brain again, I motioned for KyuJung to provoke JunHyun. Hesitantly, he forcefully pushed JunHyun at the chest causing him to stumble backwards. He looked at Kyujung wide eyed for a moment before answering calmly, “KyuJung, you shouldn’t push me. It’s wrong.” Sighing, I hung my head as he continued with his toys. KyuJung looked at me quizzically as I ruffled my hair. Looking at KyuJung for a moment, I decided. Tapping KyuJung on the shoulder again, I pointed at JunHyun when he was not looking. As though he knew what I meant, he nodded.

Cowardly, KyuJung stammered, “J-Junhyun uh… Your eomma looks so s-stupid walking l-like that..” As if on cue, JunHyun dropped his toy and stood rooted to the ground, his eyes burning with anger.

 

“YAH! That’s my eomma!” JunHyun spat back, his fist tightly clenched. Aish… looks like it… I thought to myself, emotions suppressing my chest. Looks like the time has come. Noticing how afraid KyuJung was faced with an angry JunHyun, I quickly pulled KyuJung into a comforting hug and patted his back while explaining to JunHyun that it was my idea to do that since he refused to tell me what had happened. JunHyun did not understand what I was saying though, but he did realize it wasn’t KyuJung’s fault and hence slowly unclenched his fist, the anger disappearing from his eyes. “mianhaeyo KyuJung uh, for getting angry.” KyuJung shook his head and said he was fine. Suggesting that KyuJung went to get some ice cream to eat, I ushered KyuJung out of the room before entering again.

 

 

JunHyun, as though he knew what was about to come, burst into tears almost immediately. “I didn’t hit JongSu on purpose! He said eomma was ugly and made fun of her and me!” Hurriedly, I dashed towards him and lifted him into my arms. Walking around the room with him in my arms, I coaxed him, telling him it was all alright and that no one blamed him. My heart ached at each sob as I felt the pain he was going through. Being made fun of because of his mother… For a 5 year old that was definitely too much to bear. “I—I was mad at him for calling eomma ugly.” JunHyun stuttered and I nodded in understanding. So this is what it is all about…

“Then are you mad he laughed at you as well?” JunHyun paused before nodding slightly. His head still on my shoulder, I patted his back lightly, trying to get him to stop crying.

After a while, JunHyun finally spoke again. With as much innocence as he was filled with, he pleaded, “Can eomma please don’t come to school to pick me anymore? Appa, can you pick me up every day?” 

At that, my heart pained for both MinKyeong and JunHyun. Minkyeong: because she didn’t want for this to happen and it would definitely break her heart if she knew what had happened and what JunHyun had to say. That he was embarrassed by his mother. Then and there, I decided to keep this from her.

And Junhyun: Because he too didn’t want for this to happen. Being made fun of because of his mother, and having his mother be the laughing stock among his school mates.

 

“ I don’t want eomma to be sick. I want her to be like Aunty JaeEun and everyone else’s mother. I want her to play with me and carry me, and walk normally. She looks funny like this. I don’t want eomma to be like this.” JunHyun confessed out of the blue.

 

 

I tear up at the thought of how much MinKyeong’s sickness is tearing not only her, but the whole family apart. I wondered how I was going to make JunHyun realize that his mother loves him despite her being handicapped, and how he shouldn’t be ashamed to boast that she is his mother. We all know no one wished for this to happen but since it did, I guess we can only embrace it.

 “Do you know that eomma loves you and MiEun more than she loves herself?” I started after putting much thought into my words. JunHyun remained silent. “Well, she does. So much so that she was willing to suffer nine months just to bring you to this world.” JunHyun raised his head at that, obviously curious about what I had to say.

“Nine months?”

 I nodded.

“Nine full months. She suffers even more than she does now. You have no idea how painful that nine months have been for her. But she still did it willingly because for you, she was willing to give up her everything. Her body, her sleep, everything, just to make sure you were fine and healthy. Isn’t that proof enough that she loves you more than herself?” JunHyun nodded, and this time, I had a gut feeling that he really understood. I smiled to myself at that. “For nine months, she carried you in her stomach, looking more ridiculous than she will ever be. But she still did it. And that’s how you got here. Don’t you think that just because she doesn’t walk or do things that other eommas do that it’s unfair if you say you are ashamed that she is your eomma?” JunHyun nodded again.

Placing him down on the floor, I sat down on the bed and looked him in the eye. “Now, tell me, why did you ignore eomma just now? Do you know how much it hurt her feelings to see her own son behaving like this?” JunHyun heaved out a deep breath.

“I was angry at eomma, for making me look stupid in school. Other eommas and my classmates all laughed at her and said how I was unlucky to have an eomma like her.” I smiled at his honest confession and I ruffled his hair. “But I’m not anymore!” He quickly added, his eyes shot big instantly.

“That’s my boy. So, don’t you think you owe someone an apology?” JunHyun nodded, but his face was fear-stricken.

“I don’t want Eomma to know that I felt that way. What if she cries again?” And for a five year old, I was shocked at his maturity. I nodded my head.

“I don’t intend to let her know either, JunHyun uh. Just tell her you are sorry for ignoring her. I’ll do the explaining.” I winked at my son and immediately his face lit up. Calmly, he walked towards the door himself, and after looking to me for a sign or reassurance, he walked out of the room to look for his mother. 

 

 

 

So what do you guys think about this chapter ?? I think we forgot to mention in Chapter 11 that that was actually MinKyeong's POV but in this it is Kwangmin's. Sorry if it was confusing ! But this story is mainly in Kwangmin's POV. So yeah. 

We're really glad we have 2 new subscribers this time round !!!!!! Thank you farahjoez24 and funeelil1!!! 

And also special thanks to all of you who took the time to read and comment on the story, be it constructive critisms or lovely comments !!! We really appreciated it ! And we will try our best to improve as we go along :) Fell free to let us know what you think by posting a comment in the comment section below !! 

OH OH OH !!!! And also ! THANK YOU FOR THOSE WHO UPVOTED THE STORY !!!!!!!!!!! ^^ It means alot to us :) 

Couldnt have done it without each and everyone of you ! *becomes emotional* hahah ! yeah you know what we mean. 

 

WOOHOOO THREE CONSECUTIVE UPDATES !!!!!!!! 

Anyways, DO REMEMBER TO COMMENT AND SUBSCRIBE IF YOU HAVENT ALREADY ! ^^ THANK YOU !!!!!!!!!!!

 

lOVE, 

YOOGEUM <3 

 

Stay tuned for more !!!! ^^