14 RAINBOW

Send Me A Rainbow

 

tumblr_m8an27KZkZ1qbvf19o1_500.png

credits: Tumblr, Google 

 

 

I closed the door behind me and almost immediately after, I was greeted by a loud thud followed by wails coming from my room. Dropping my bag down on the sofa, I called for MinKyeong as I jogged towards my room, assuming that one of my children had probably fallen off the bed. Peeling off my jacket, I pushed the door open slowly and to my horror, there was MinKyeong lying on the floor on her side, motionless. I dashed over and dropped to my knees beside her and I lifted her head onto my lap. While calling her name repeatedly, I hurriedly dialled for an ambulance as well as for Doctor Kwon to let him know what had happened, to which he advised me not to move her until the paramedic arrived.

The room seemed to whirl around me as I kneeled there helplessly with MinKyeong on my lap and my crying children behind me. Everything instantly seemed to become silent as I stared at MinKyeong’s face in shock while trying not to move an inch fearing that it may result in complications. I brought my hands up to my head and tugged on my hair in stress as I felt hot tears burn my eyes. Doctor Kwon has warned us repeatedly of the risk of MinKyeong falling and here I am carelessly leaving her alone with the children at home for 3 whole hours while I rushed to attend to some work.

It is all my fault.

 

I stepped aside the moment the paramedics lifted her off my lap and placed her on a stretcher carefully. Following closely behind them with my kids in my arms, I loaded the kids onto the ambulance before hopping on as well. Seated beside MinKyeong, I watched as the paramedics constantly called her asking for a reply but to no avail. As they tried several methods to attempt to help MinKyeong regain consciousness again, I clutched my children’s tiny hands into mine, trying to stop them from crying. I suppose they were shock by the incident especially since it happened before them.

 

The moment MinKyeong was wheeled into the emergency room with Doctor Kwon anxiously entering after her as well, my knees finally gave way and my body fell to the ground. I knew that at that time it was only right for me to attend to my still sobbing children but I couldn’t bring myself to stand up. Instead I just sat there on the floor, hugging my children tightly as tears streamed down my face.

I knew very well the consequences of MinKyeong falling down.

 

It seemed like forever before we finally got up. The deadly silence in the corridor where we waited got more and more eerie by the minute. I never liked the feeling of being in a hospital be it being inside getting treated or waiting outside for someone who means the world to you. The cries of my children pierced my heart and as though I was suddenly awakened, I first turned to MiEun and lifted her onto my lap before attempting to coax JunHyun by constantly wiping his tears away and pleading for him to stop. As what my mother had always done to me when I was a child when I experienced shock, I gently patted JunHyun on the chest and after a while, he seemed to have calmed down. “JunHyun uh,” I forced out after a while, deciding that it was safe to ask him about the incident now, “What happened to eomma?”

JunHyun paused for a moment and began sniffing again, “Eo-Eomma…” He stammered, “…wanted to get us some water t-to drink be-beca-use MiEunnie was coughing. Then when she got up, sh-she just fell. She didn’t move at all. I was scared. Mianhaeyo Appa, I didn’t take care of MiEun and Eomma well when you were gone!” At that, JunHyun burst into tears again.

Immediately, I hugged JunHyun tightly and shushed him, “Shhh… Don’t worry, JunHyun uh. Appa is here. Shhh… It’s not your fault, it’s Appa’s fault for leaving you three at home alone.” Holding my two children in my arms, I felt like I truly understood the meaning when someone says that ‘The whole world was bearing down on them’.

It was reality. Like tight slaps in the face over and over again.

 I have a sick wife and two helpless children counting on me. I can’t afford to be weak in front of them. Wiping my tears away, I forced a smile on my face. “Eomma will be fine.” I choked out, “She will be.”

 

 

Unable to sleep for the entire night, I sat by MinKyeong’s bed, cradling MiEun as she slept. Pulling my jacket over JunHyun’s cold body, I patted him lightly to ensure that he was still fast asleep on the couch in the ward. Then, doing the same with MinKyeong’s blanket, I pulled it all the way till her neck, afraid that she might be cold. The sight of her pained me.

 I remembered a couple of hours ago when she was finally wheeled out of the emergency room, her right arm in a cast, her head neatly rested in between two neon color cushions and her forehead plastered with multiple pieces of bandages. It horrified me, to see her in this state. I didn’t dare to touch her, neither did I dare to breathe when I went close to her. It was almost like I was afraid that even a breath could break her apart. She looked so fragile, lying there.

Amidst the silence, Doctor Kwon’s voice kept ringing in my head. “This is a very serious accident.” He warned, anxiety in his voice. “Thankfully though, she was rushed her in time or something even worse could have happened. I don’t know how it happened, but this is very dangerous, leaving her alone with two children at home. I know it’s not your fault, but I guess we just have to be a little more careful in the future.” With that he gave me a pat on the back, “Go. Your children and wife need you now.”

I heaved out deeply. It breaks me even more, to know that it was my fault. How am I ever able to forgive myself if anything happens to her?

 

I leaned back slowly in my seat. It was almost 6 in the morning when MinKyeong finally regained consciousness. Her dry lips moved with no words or sound coming out. Her fingers twitched seconds later and finally, her eyes cringed and opened. slightly agape, as though she was gasping for air, she muttered something inaudible. With MiEun still in my arms, I agitatedly teared up as I watched her regained consciousness, a huge amount of relief filled my heart. “MinKyeong uh…” I whispered as tears flowed, “You’re awake!”

A crooked smile formed on her face, disappearing almost immediately as her face scrunched up. “W-what’s wrong?” I asked, my eyes widened. MinKyeong just layed still, unable to move and her lips continued moving in a way like she was talking. Moving closer to her, I examined the way the edges of the bed cruelly scarred her delicate face when she fell, from her forehead down the side of her nose and finally stopping just a millimetre above her lips, and presumed that it hurts for her to smile or even talk. I placed my ear near , with MiEun clutched close to my body in fear that MinKyeong might get hurt if MiEun’s body were to accidentally touch hers.

“It hurts…” MinKyeong whispered softly, her eyes constantly opening then closing, as though she was drifting in and out of consciousness. My body froze at that comment. MinKyeong NEVER complained about her pain ever even if it were so unbearable and here, all of a sudden, she confessed to be hurting. Cautiously, I attempted to touch the top of her head to comfort her. Gently, I placed my right hand on her head and moved it about in the rotating motion.

“Where does it hurt?” I tried to ask in a comforting manner. MinKyeong’s eyes filled with tears and as she closed her eyes, a tear escaped from between her lids.

“My heart hurts.” She mumbled.

I stared at her in astonishment for a moment before choking out, “H-heart?”

MinKyeong nodded and with whatever strength left in her, she lifted her left hand a mere 10 cm above the bed. At that, I took her hand into mine and placed it on my wet cheek.

She looked at me, with such agony in her eyes. I didn’t know how to react and instead, I just stood there silently, her hand in mine. “Because I always see you crying over me…” Her voice trailed off at the end as her eyes reddened again but no sound or tear came out this time.

I shook my head desperately, “Arasseo, I won’t cry anymore.” Truth be told, ever since MinKyeong fell sick two years ago, I never recalled a day when I did not cry or ache over her pain. Every day was filled with tears. And now, I know a reason why she was hurting so badly all these while. “I won’t cry in front of you anymore.” 

 

 

 

Hey all ! Hope you enjoyed reading this update ! Its been a few days since we updated ! School just started for us ~ and .... SPRING IS HERE !!!!! well almost. ahah 

So this is kinda like anemotional chapter where everything starts to take a turn for the worse. We hope we are able to do this chapter well. so yeah. 

Do comment and subscribe and vote and everything else. ^^ 

 

Thanks to our new subscribers blingblingailiCaptainDukbokki!!!!!! 

 

I think some of you are actually quite confused over this sickness so if you would like to know about it do pm us. we will try to provide you with information :) 

 

Love, 

Yoogeum <3