XVI: Barging in

The Grim Reaper

Raemin

“What’s up with you, Jongin? ” I asked Kai with a raised brow. He’s not usually like this, I tell you. Something’s really fishy.

“What do you mean, what’s up?” He asked as he led me to a table with a tray full of food in his hand.

“Come on. Don’t act innocent. We both know you’re stingy.” I elbowed his side before sitting on the seat opposite his.

“I’m just…Let’s just say that I’m in the mood, Babe.” He his lips and added a wink to that cheesy statement. From across the table, I shoved him in the chest.

“You, are so gross!” I threw some fries at him while chuckling.He picked up some of the fries I threw at him and popped it into his mouth while wiggling his eyebrow.

“Kai, stop using your playboy skills on me. It won’t work.” I stuck my tongue out at him and started munching the burger he ordered for me. Kai on the other hand enjoyed his bucket of chicken.

“Hey, Raemin, Look at me~!”

I lifted my eyes from my food to see Kai looking stupid with 2 chicken legs used as fangs in his mouth. “Kai, that is so stupid.” I shook my head at him disagreeably and giggled.

“Remember when we caught Luhan flexing his muscles in the mirror and saying ‘You’re so handsome’ to himself?” Kai was holding his stomach in laughter and so was I.

“HAHAHA! Gosh , yes. And how his deer eyes widened when he saw us seeing him do that. Gosh. I can’t .. hahaha”

“Oh, oh, oh! Do you remember last new year when we all got drunk? You did your spinning ballet thing and crushed to Luhan. Both of you landed on the floor—kissing!” I held to my seat as flashbacks of the memory came to me.

“UGHHH. Don’t even make me think of that!”Kai buried his head in his palms and made gagging sounds.

“Well, I guess you haven’t forgotten that time when you made burnt chocolates for us in V day. You were so confident it tasted good. But it doesn’t.”

“But it looked good!” I pouted and tried to defend myself.

“You don’t know how many hours I stayed in the comfort room after that day.” Kai shook his head in reminisce of the memory. Hey, it’s in my philosophy that whatever looks good tastes good.

We went on like that for hours—recalling memories of the three of us. It was so fun. I didn’t even notice that it was past 9 o’clock.

I felt a throbbing on my head that initiated black spots to dance in my vision. I started to grow with unease and rested placed my forehead against my wrist.

Kai seemed to have noticed my discomfort and held my hand.

“Hey, Hey, Raemin, are you okay?” He asked in a worried tone.

“Yes. Sorry. Just…” I couldn’t think properly of what to say. It felt like my brain was constricting.

“I should have never tired you. You should rest. I’ll bring you home.”

Kai walked me home as usual. “Dream of me , okay?” Kai said and kissed my forehead. I flicked his in return of his gesture and ran as fast as I could to my doorway.

“Yah!” He protested. I then heard his fast approaching steps.

Just as I turned the key, Kai caught me by my waist and tickled my sides. “Promise oppa that you will never do that again!” He demanded as I was locked around his arms.

“P-promise!” I said in the midst of my uncontrollable laughter.

“Say , ‘Oppa, I promise!” and add an aegyo.”

“Not in a million years, Kim Jongin!” I retaliated and tickled him too. It was so dumb of him to use his own weakness at him. I got you know Jongin.

When he fell to the floor, I quickly grabbed the opportunity to hide behind the door. I stuck out my tongue at him before I shut it close.

“Yeah, goodnight Raeminnie. I’ll get my revenge tomorrow!” I heard him shout.

I chortled at his statement and shook my head. Aish, that kid, really.

I removed my school shoes and slipped into my slippers. As I the light, I noticed someone leaning on the wall at the near corner of the house.

“AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAH!!!!!” I jumped and screamed at the same time. I didn’t calm until I realized that the guy’s stone expression was irritatingly familiar.

“You are 2 hours, 47 minutes and 36 seconds late.” His gaze at me was expressionless as ever. It seemed to me now that an expressionless face is creepier than any other expressions.

“H-h-ho-How d-d-d-did y-you get here?” I couldn’t help but stutter. Who wouldn’t when someone has just barge in your house and stands there acting like a ghost?

Sehun ignored my question. Instead, he took quick strides towards my direction until he was only a meter away. He crossed his arms in front of his chest and narrowed his eyes at me.

And then slowly, he advanced at me like I was his prey. Instinctively, I stepped backwards. I stepped backwards until my back hit the cold wall.

“W-w-what?” Stupid stuttering.

Sehun inched closer and closer every second. I kept diverting my gaze at other directions in panic. I don’t know why but my heart started to beat wildly. I mean, this is just Sehun. Why would I panic? But in the back of my mind, something told me that Sehun’s still a man no matter what angle it is.

“D-d-d-on’t you dare, Oh Sehu-“ Sehun pressed his index finger against  my lips. I stared at his slender hand and my eyes widened in panic.

PLEASE. PLEASE. LET HE NOT BE A TEENAGER WITH RAGING HORMONES. PLEASE.

We’re alone in the house and it’s not so hard for him to do that. GAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAH. NO. PLEASE. NO.

“Next time you’re late; I’ll make sure there will be a corresponding punishment.” His breath washed over my face, smelling like fresh mint. He then let his finger slide off my lips. He placed his hands in his pocket and turned his back on me.

Sehun

I don’t know what I just did. I swear I felt a flutter in my chest but that’s impossible. I’m a Grim Reaper. I’m not supposed to feel anything human.

I felt so angry towards Kai for being so close to her. I don’t like that he kept me away from her. He was the reason I waited here for ages not knowing if she’s still going home.  I guess what I did was just an act of jealousy. Wait. Did I just say jealousy? Ugh. I’m going crazy.

“This is the second time you broke into my house and I’m not going to tolerate it if you’re doing that again.” Raemin sat on the floor with a huff.

I placed my math textbook on the table with a thud and stared at her with a blank expression. “Let’s start with math. Keep your mouth shut and listen to me. I hate babblers.”

“Then why did you even choose to tutor me on the first place?!”  She asked in an irritated manner.

I don’t know. I hate you. But I want to help you. And I can’t stand not seeing you. I hate you.

I stared meaningfully at her—effectively reaching my intention of warning her when she pursed her lips in an annoyed way and knitted her eyebrows. I find that really cute.

I’m cuter though.

~

“So this is how you square the logarithms of-“ I stopped halfway in explaining when I’ve noticed that Raemin has fallen fast asleep. Her head was against her notebook and she’s holding on loosely to her ball pen. Short but even breaths escaped from her lips.

“R-Raemin?” I placed my ball pen down too and nudged her gently—hoping to wake her up.

“Hmm…You were flying.” She mumbled in her sleep.

I sighed and stood from the floor. Gently, I lifted her weight off the ground. It felt so warm with her in my arms. Raemin cuddled comfortably against my chest. Her nose tickled the curve of my neck.

I swung open the door to her room using my foot. I was careful not to wake her up so I mindfully laid her against her soft bed. I tucked her in and laid over her a thick blanket.

“You were flying…Sehun…” She whispered in the midst of her deep slumber.

So, she wasn’t so naïve after all.

I sat beside her bed and was determined to entertain myself by watching her sleep. But my duties prevented me from doing. The bell rang in my ears, signaling me that I should stop my stupidity of obsessing over a human.

I silently opened the window beside her bed. It revealed a beautiful full moon—looking down at me with silvery light that illuminated the room.

I stepped on the window pane, felling the breeze against my face and welcoming it in my lungs. I stole one last look at the peaceful image of Raemin.

I stared long enough for her to remain on my mind as if it was tattooed.

“Goodnight, Raemin. I hate you.”

With a deep breath, I leaped off the building with a blinding speed that a normal human being will impossibly decipher.


A/N:

Just a short update :D 

keke~

XOXO,

faye_lee

 

^that gull is so lucky. She knows she is. Look at her smile. *_*

I see Kaisoo and Baekyeol~

Oh. and BaekSoo????

clever indeed.

ASANJASACMADL;C;/ASCA SCNASMC,.;ASC.ASCAS :Q_________________________________________________

Don't worry, Many of your fans would Sehun.