XX: A small brawl

The Grim Reaper

Raemin

It’s now lunch time and I think I’ve did an awesome job of hiding away from Sehun’s presence so far. It’s quite easy to monitor if he’s near. I didn’t even need a “jerk-radar”—I could tell he’s around when girls create an irritating noise of squealing, gasping, cooing, --yeah.

 

As soon as the bell rang, I jolted out of my seat to make my way to the rooftop. On the hallway, I spotted Luhan along with a few members of EXO and of course—Kai.

 

I swear Baozi-Xiumin saw me and it was confirmed when he called my name. I didn’t dare look back because I didn’t want to face questions and make up stories just to cover for my forehead’s situation. I’d hate to lie in front of my friends.

 

I arrived at the rooftop like a fish out of water—gasping for air. I haven’t run on full speed like that for a long time.

 

I dusted off the cemented ground and sat on it with my back against the wall.

 

“Stupid lump.”I grunted as I touched the swollen part of my head ever so lightly.

 

Seconds later, my stomach grumbled in protest. Oh, God. I’m so hungry. I remember I barely ate my breakfast. Eottoke? I pouted at my belly pitifully and patted it.

 

“Let’s endure for a while, okay?” I sighed and decided to lie limp on the floor. Maybe sleeping would help reduce my starving.

 

I placed my arm against my eyes to block the afternoon sunlight. However though, as soon as I closed my eyes, I imagined savory foods that made me salivate.

 

Aishhhh. I can’t bear this!

 

I determinedly stood up and marched towards the door. Why was I hiding from Sehun anyway? Running away from him means I’m weak. I shouldn’t lose on that matter. And I shouldn’t be teased by him.

 

I pumped my fist and gave myself an encouragement by shouting hwaiting right before I tiptoed down the stairs.

 

I got to the second floor where my homeroom class is. I hid behind the wall and looked right and left. There was no sign of Oh Sehun. Yosh, the coast is clear.

 

With careful little noiseless steps, I headed to the school cafeteria and looked out again for another threat. I hid behind the doors and monitored through the glass windows that provided a satisfying view.

 

My eyes darted to the table where EXO usually sits. Everyone was there—except for that one jerk I was hiding from. The heavens have blessed me. The only problem now is how to get pass Luhan and Kai without being recognized.

 

I tapped on my chin thoughtfully as I think of plans on how to disguise myself.

 

Just then, a guy from my class exited from the cafeteria. An idea hit me and I quickly ran after him.

 

“Juhgiyo.” I called his attention

 

“Oh, Raemin, what do you need? ” Key, the fashionista king as they say smiled pleasantly at me.

 

“Do you mind if I borrow your glasses for a while? I’ll return it to you at your next class, I promise.” I pleaded and used a little od aegyo—hoping it’ll do the job.

 

“Oh, sure. What do you need it for though?” He asked inquisitively as he handed the oversized spectacles he was wearing.

 

“Uh…just…uh…”

 

“Oh, gosh! Dear, what happened to your forehead?” And then he notices.

 

“Uhm, long story. Anyway, Thank you.” I bowed awkwardly and then quickly turned my back to escape from the interrogation.

 

I wore the glasses and shoved half of my hair to my face to cover it. I pushed one of the doors to let myself in and walked in equal paces. I grabbed myself melon bread and strawberry milk and then quickly paid for it.

 

I hurried on my way to the exit. I was halfway when Chanyeol and Baekhyun stood from their seats and almost collided with me.

 

“Oh, Joseonghamnida.” Chanyeol apologized with a bow—and a creepy derp smile.

 

I nodded in quick acknowledgement and scurried away—afraid that they will figure out who’s behind the disguise.

 

“That’s weird. For a moment I thought she was Raemin.” I heard Baekhyun say.

 

“Eyyy. You’re just being delirious.” Chanyeol countered which made me exhale in relief.

 

5 steps away and I’m there. 5 steps. I was near jubilant knowing that I’ll get my escape soon. It was until those horrid doors opened—revealing Sehun himself.

 

I felt my eyes grow wide as saucers and my hand loose grip of the strawberry milk I was holding. It immediately spilled as it got in contact with the floor. The milky-pink liquid spreads on the floor until it reached Sehun’s shoes.

 

I looked up to the face I know I hated but somehow makes me feel all weird and tingly inside. Oh Sehun stared back at me with ominous eyes and lips that was tugged at one side.

 

“Han. Rae. Min.” His pink lips moved as he steps closer to me with every word. His voice rang in my ears eerily as I felt my pulse accelerate.

 

‘Are you avoiding me?” He questioned as if he was king and I was his servant. He continues to step towards me while I retreated with his every advance.

 

“Th-th-that’s , That’s n-none o-of y-your b-b-business!” I stuttered severely as my thigh hit the table’s edge. I can’t retreat anymore—yet Sehun draws closer in an uncomfortable distance.

 

I tried sidestepping but Sehun was abrupt to corner me with his long arms. “You’re not going anywhere.” He said with another indignant smirk.

 

I was sure that everybody’s attention was on us. The noisy cafeteria has turned its volume down to whispers filled with gossips and hateful comments.

 

“You even wore this to disguise?” He removes the glasses from my eyes and laughed at me like I was a stupid creature. No matter how evil that laugh sounded, I can’t dig for the reason why I was charmed to see it.

 

“Stop avoiding me. It was hard looking for you.” He spoke the words only to me and it sounded like a command. My brain seemed to rapture in confusion. Was he looking for me?  Why?

 

At the thought of him looking for me, my chest felt like expanding and drumming in an unrhythmic pattern.

 

 Sehun finally retrieved his arms only to capture my hand under his. I felt heat and electricity run through my whole body. “Come, this is not the place to talk.” He started dragging me, I know it wasn’t in my will to follow but my feet moved as if it has its own mind.

 

“Let go of her.” A very familiar voice ferociously growled at Sehun.

 

I turned back to see Luhan marching towards us with Kai who has a dark aura hovering above him. He approached until he held my free hand. He looked at me caringly and noticed my injured head.

 

“Raemin, what happened? Is this the reason why you’re avoiding us too? “

 

I stood speechless—I can’t come up with a good lie—even if it’s a white lie. Luhan reached out and his fingers brushed my hair away from my face to reveal the throbbing lump on my forehead.

 

Just then, Sehun swatted his hand away. I fliched at the hostility and witnessed how Sehun eyed Luhan with loathe.

 

“Sehun!” Suho stood up from the table in shock. All the other EXO members watched us with measuring silence.

 

“Did you do this to her?” Luhan asked with the same level of scorn.

 

Sehun scoffed. “More like she did this to me.” He nudged his chin to my direction and tugged at my hand.

 

Sehun, why are you doing this?

 

My insides trembled as I know that he wants me to tell them the truth—but I can’t. I don’t want Luhan to think that I’m some worthless girl and a for letting a guy I barely know come over my house.

 

Luhan’s face contorted with confusion. Kai has lost his grip and grabbed Sehun by his collar.

 

Sehun had no expression written on his face. But he never loosens his hold on me.

 

“Why don’t you tell them there was an accident between you and me?” Sehun muttered coldly.

 

Panic ran through my brain. The way he said it delivers a different impression. I shivered and stared down—afraid to see Luhan’s reaction.

 

“Stop it.” I whispered weakly.

 

“I was at her house last night. As I was, the night before too.” Sehun

 

“You, jerk.” Kai pushed Sehun’s chest but Sehun remained planted on his feet—like Kai didn’t apply power in his push.

 

“You were tutoring me.” I countered.

 

‘Yes, I was.” He admitted. But his tone told me he wasn’t ending it there. And so, I took the chance to iron the situation.

 

“I dropped the keys and we reached for it at the same time—unfortunately bumping to each other’s heads. And so I got this and you got that.” I pointed to my lump and to his black eye too.

 

“And, how do you explain this?” He turned to show his cheek that was still red in mark.

 

Once again, I stood speechless. Don’t tell me he wants to bury me down than I already am.

 

“Sehun, please, stop it.” I breathed in plea.

 

“Why don’t you tell Luhan or Kai here that something more happened after that?” Sehun pushed.

 

“Stop it.” I said with greeted teeth.

 

“I kissed you and you kis-“ before Sehun could even continue with his sentence, Someone hit him square in the jaw.

 

My eyes widened in shock as it dawned on me who threw the punch. Luhan—who’s so kind and peaceful planted a punch on Oh Sehun’s face.


A/N:

Will try to update as soon as I can ;A;

-faye_lee