IV: Second Meeting

The Grim Reaper

Sehun's POV:

I can’t explain this feeling of eagerness that started to build up since I met that girl. In every minute of everyday , I find her image lurking around my innocent brain. Often, I would stare out of space and would ruffle my hair in frustration fighting the urge to see her again. There was even a time when Kris hyung came to the point of thumping my head with the of his scythe.

“Visualizing again, Sehunnie?” he asked with his famous smirk and chortled along with Chen.

I rolled my eyes at him and stuck out my tongue. The gesture didn’t seem a threat to them. In fact, it made them laugh louder. I swear humans would’ve heard them.

Ever since that day we met each other, they’ve kind of made fun of me. What’s more is that they insisted on seeing the girl. In actuality, I’m itching to meet her again. But I’m trying to hold back. I swore to her father I would protect her. What if Chen and Kris were a danger to her? What if… it was only me whom she saw as a human—meaning the others are all bony to her sight?

I might scare the worst out of her. And, I don’t want her to be farther away from me. I stood up from my position—dusting my coat and stretching my muscles.

“Going somewhere?” Kris asked, looking up from sharping his scythe.

I nodded in a quick motion.

“Where to?” he continued to ask.

“Just somewhere.” I replied with a shrug.

“Okay, but don’t be too far. We have to stay close.”

I nodded once more before I left. You see, Kris has been protective of me when I told him of my experience. I guess he doesn’t want to lose another member of EXO—especially when I’m under his care. He would be blamed. Suho would kill him—which makes it kind of unusual for Kris to just let me go like that.

With all Kris and Chen’s pestering, I swear, I really needed some space. After all, I’m not used to having a company. Let alone having a derp and a troll by your side for a week. It seemed like an endless suffer.

I decided to grab some bubble tea before skipping off to somewhere. I particularly ordered chocolate with pearls. I love that flavor. While I was waiting for my tea to be done, I noticed the girls next to my table stealing glances at me, then they would whisper and giggle afterwards. When I held the glance of one of them, she squealed in delight. I guess I must be really good looking like what the girl said.

It was weird to witness things like that. But I liked it. It means that they are seeing me. It means that I’m not a skeleton to their sight.

I looked around the shop to see if there were any other humans catching a glimpse of me. Sure enough, I saw two men dressed in casual clothes and jeans glance at me. I couldn’t really make out their faces because of their caps, shades and scarf that was up to their noses. Well, that’s weirder. It is spring and honestly, I myself don’t feel too cold.

I shrugged the thought away and went to get my bubble tea. The cashier girl cheekily smiled at me and brushed her fingers against mine before bidding a goodbye. I cringe at the gesture and cocked one brow like—what are you doing?

She used her lips to point at the tissue wherein she appears to have written her cellphone number. I stared down at it like it came from outer space. Then, I ignored it – leaving a frowning face behind me.

I don’t think she would enjoy disappointment if I failed to call her. I don’t have a cellphone. I don’t need one. Who the freaking hell would text a grim reaper? And, what would that text possibly contain—Hi I need someone to reap my soul asap?

I continued my journey and ended up relaxing by a park—sipping my bubble tea happily while admiring the blooming flowers. *sigh* what a peaceful sight.

As the sun was setting down, I decided to go back and meet Kris and Chen hyung. It was quite suspecting that the bell didn’t ring throughout my exploration. Maybe Kris and Chen were doing the task for me.

Calling it a day, I walked off, passing by the lake. That’s when I noticed something really alarming. 3 figures lay down just at the opposite side of this freaking lake—two boys and a girl. To mention in detail, those 3 were Luhan, Kai and the girl whose image won’t get out of my head.

My feet felt planted on the very place where I was standing. I didn’t know how to move. My mind kept telling me to escape and flee before I face pain. But no, my will pushed me forward—always making me stumble to the waters.

That’s when I heard a gasp behind me. I swiftly turned to see two guys all dressed in warm clothes. Haven’t I seen them before? Oh right, they were those guys who were at the table in the bubble tea shop. Funny, was it a coincidence that they were here too?

Then I noticed something very familiar. Why didn’t I notice it before? That guy who had a blue scarf and a cap with a skull printed on it is toweringly tall. And the other guy beside him had defined jaws—just like Chen hyung’s.

“…Kris hyung? Chen hyung?” I muttered, with brows coming together.

“Great. We’ve been caught. Thanks to your gasp, Chen.” Kris said and rolled his eyes.

“I told you we shouldn’t have followed him. It’s your fault!” Chen glared at Kris and stabbed a finger on his chest.

“No! It’s yours! We wouldn’t have been caught if you didn’t force me to wear these ridiculously warm clothes!” Kris countered, returning a stab of finger at Chen.

“No, it’s yours!”

“Not!”

“Yours!”

“Not!”

“Stop!” I yelled and quickly covered my mouth, remembering The three sleeping figures ahead of us. As the consciousness was starting to kick in, I immediately thought of a way on how to hide the three humans who were just at the opposite side of the lake.

“Let’s go.” I said, failing to sound stern with a squeak coming out. I mentally slapped myself and quickly strode past them.

“Hey, wait!” Kris shouted.

“Yeah, wait!” Chen chimed.

“Can’t we just grab some Ice cream first? I think there is one ahead.” Kris said, rubbing his palms in anticipation.

“NO!” I said to loudly and suspiciously.

“Why? An ice cream wouldn’t hurt.” He replied with a pout.

“Yeah! You had your bubble tea. Why can’t we have our ice cream?” Chen added.

Great. Now the two of them are against me.

“I didn’t say you can’t get ice cream. I said we can get it at the other shop instead!”

“But that one is further! We can get one from this side!” Kris argued, pointing his thumb ahead at the 3 figures I’m hiding from their sight.

“Why are you shouting?” I shot back, not sure why—of all the questions.

“You started it.” Chen said.

“I did not.”

“Did so.” Kris said and stuck out his tongue.

“Did not!”

“Did so. Just now.” Chen’s turn.

“Did not.” I said firmly, avoiding to shout.

“Did so.” Both of them said.

“Come on Chen, Let’s get our Ice cream and BUBBLE TEA.”

Kris said temptingly. I just had one but I want more. On the contrary, I can’t let them see Luhan , Kai and the girl!

“Wait, No!”

Too late. They stopped on their tracks, eyes wide upon seeing the two former members of EXO.

Dammit!

“You were hiding them weren’t you?” Kris said with his face on.

I’m dead.

I tried to mutter an excuse but failed for nothing came out. Dammit. Dammit. Dammit. Dammit Sehun! I ruffled my hair in frustration.

Kris walked away with Chen tailing behind him, heading to Luhan and Kai.

At this point, they’ll see the girl. If they woke her up, and I’m with them, she’ll recognize me. They’ll know it’s her.

I ruffled my hair for the second time and cursed. I had no choice but to follow.

Kris and Chen stopped before the three figures, eyeing the girl right in between the two guys. Dammit.

My eyes landed first on Kai, then Luhan—one of my bestfriends in EXO. My heart clenches at the thought of him not recognizing me when he opens his doe eyes.

“Should we wake them up?” Chen asked Kris.

As if on cue, the girl blinked her eyes open. Her eyes searched and dangerously landed on mine. Dammit.

That’s when her high-pitched scream rang in our ears. Dammit.

It unsurprisingly woke Luhan and Kai. Dammit.

_________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

A/N:

Two more days and school will be over T^T

I'm gonna miss it T^T

Well, it's not that bad. It means summer and it means more time to update :DDD

YAYYY~~! <3

By the way, I really want to express my utmost gratitude to all of you for reading and subscribing

It's only 3 chapters and I already have 12 subscribers and sweet comments.

I love you guys!!!

- faye_lee ^_^