XIII: Broken Friendship

The Grim Reaper

 

“Hey, hunnie, could you-“ Suho winced and was cut off when Sehun threw a soul violently when it ripped a part of his shirt. He then flew up to a building and smashed his scythe to a branch of a tree that reached up.

 

Sehun was not in control today. He didn’t like how his former best friend Luhan got all Raemin’s attention. It was always his name that would come out of her lips.

 

For some reason, he felt something unpleasant building up in him and a thing called “envy” is taking control of his actions. Suho gazed worriedly at the group’s maknae.

 

Sehun is now lying on his back, facing the sky and panting heavily. His hair was messed and most of his skin was covered in grime. Parts of his shirt are also ripped, revealing a part of his chest and right shoulder.

 

“Hun, would you tell me what’s bothering you?” Suho sat by his side and looked at his eyes carefully.

 

“Shiro!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!” Sehun said and slapped Suho’s arm multiple times. Suho failed to shield himself with the maknae’s attack.

 

Sehun yet again panted and laid back on his back.

 

“Sehun, let’s get some bubble tea.” Suho drew the last card and undoubtedly knew that he won. Sehun immediately stood up and looked at Suho hopefully.

 

“But before that, let’s clean you up first. Shall we?” Suho smiled and hooked his arm around Sehun’s neck. Sehun sighed and chanted, “Anything for bubble tea.”

 

Soon, when Sehun was cleared off of sweat, grime, dirt, and had clean set of clothes on, Suho led him to his favourite bubble tea shop. And as to tradition (Yes. TRADITION.), he bought the maknae choco bubble tea. But this time, he bought three—just to be sure.

 

“S-Sehun?” Suho asked worriedly—eyeing him with unsure brows. Sehun had three straws in his mouth. He sipped three bubble teas at the same time without even pausing.

 

Sehun looked up at his hyung who still had a hesitant expression on. Sehun blinked at Suho a few times before parting his lips from the straw.

 

“Thank you hyung for the bubble teas.” He muttered without a single feel of real gratitude and appreciation then proceeded to gulping down his favourite beverage.

 

Suho’s brows twitched in a skeptic manner and decided to call for help.

 

~

 

Luhan was staying at the library after school. He buried his face in books to keep his mind preoccupied enough to leave out Raemin from his mind. Ever since he received that text message from Raemin, he felt so down. He felt so insignificant to her that he kept distance.

 

Luhan liked Raemin ever since forever. And that fondness eventually evolved into something deeper. He loved her. He loved Raemin. And it was a painful shot of brokenness when she described him a bother.

 

What made it more excruciating was that, someone else is getting the attention he wanted. Raemin was always with Sehun. He saw how Raemin pulled Sehun out of the canteen. He was there to witness and have his heart crushed.

 

Due to his deep trance, Luhan didn’t notice how tight he was gripping to the page until he ripped a part of it. He exhaled heavily and closed the book. Simultaneously, his cell phone sounded a melody intended for a text message.

 

Lulu Hyung, Suho hyung wants you to come to the bubble tea shop.

–Kai

 

Luhan rose from his seat in a graceful manner and piled the books he was browsing. He sent a quick reply to Kai and then headed to the shelves. His long fingers trailed the spines of the books smoothly as he searched for their proper places.

 

Afterwards, he slung his MCM backpack on his shoulders and headed his way to the bubble tea shop.

 

As soon as Luhan arrived at the shop, he saw Suho waiting at the entrance. He smiled at him and waved his hand. Suho acknowledged the gesture by doing the same. Luhan jogged to quicken up his pace.

 

“What’s up?” He asked.

 

“Come inside, I already ordered you a Taro bubble tea.”

 

Luhan beamed at the mention of the bubble tea and followed Suho obediently. However, his smile faded as immediately when he saw Sehun’s presence in the shop. He paused in his steps and hesitated to take another.

 

Suho noticed Luhan’s stiffness. “Hey, what’s wrong?”

 

“I think I should pass.” Luhan said, turning to the exit but was swiftly blocked by the leader.

 

“Hey, hey, hey. Don’t leave me out on this. Sehun’s acting so irregularly weird and violent. I just really need someone to help me.” Suho pleaded, placing his hand on Luhan’s shoulder to stop him from the attempt of escaping.

 

“I-I don’t know if I could help you with that.” Luhan replied bluntly. How could he help Suho with this situation? He couldn’t comfort the person whom he didn’t want to see most at the moment.

 

“Aw, come on. It’s the least you could do for me.”

 

Luhan sighed in defeat. He trudged to the table and dropped his backpack on top of it—making Sehun look up from his bubble teas. Luhan shot Sehun a weary look while slumping on the seat.

 

Sehun, on the other hand had his stone face on. He couldn’t seem to process that the Luhan he once knew as the best friend he had amongst all grim reapers is now a person whom he nearly despised.

 

Oblivious Suho sat with a relief on his seat—glad that he finally had a company to comfort the sulking maknae. Little did he know, his move was definitely wrong.

 

“What did you do with Raemin yesterday?” Luhan finally spoke up. His tone was icy cold and had a pang of arrogance mixed with it.

 

“It’s none of your business.” Sehun grumbled, meeting Luhan’s gaze with the same coldness.

 

“It is my business.” Luhan said through gritted teeth. His fists were clench so tight that his nails dug into his palms. But of course, he failed to noticed that.

 

“Since when?” The maknae scoffed at him and let out a single laugh that had a degrading demeanour.

 

Luhan abruptly stood from his seat, slamming his knuckles hard on the table. Suho twitched in surprise and swallowed. He was confused for he didn’t know what was wrong. The last time he checked, this two were the closest grim reapers he knew.

 

However, that may not be true now. Luhan’s now a human. All the memories and moments of his past life were buried now. No one knows where, how or why.

 

“Sorry Suho.” Luhan mumbled before walking out of the shop in a silent and quick manner. Luhan wasn’t even able to touch his Taro bubble tea.

 

“I’m goint too.” Sehun also headed through the exit and went the opposite way from Luhan.

 

Suho was too flabbergasted to say anything at all. He just stared at the two retreating figures with a deeply confused expression etched on his angelic face. It turns out, he regretted longing for assistance.

 

~

 

“Babe, let’s go eat fried chicken. Your treat.”

 

“Kim Jong In, get your hands of me before I break your arm into 8 pieces.”

 

“Aw, come on! I was just trying to make you laugh! You’re so cruel.” Kai retrieved his arms and placed his hands inside his pockets.

 

“I’m not in the mood for your ert nature, Kai.” Raemin blew his bangs in a tired manner. She was obviously still upset with how Luhan was acting. And what’s more is that she can’t get Sehun’s word out of her mind.

 

“Tell me. It’s the deer’s fault again, isn’t it?” Kai looked up to the sky with a sad smile.

 

Raemin didn’t reply. She’s sure Kai knew the answer. He read her like she was an open book. Kai knew at once what she’s feeling and thinking.

 

“Don’t worry. I’ll punch his intestines out of his doe eyes for you.” Kai said with a chuckle and demonstrated multiple punches.

 

“You jerk.” Raemin slapped Kai’s shoulder hardly but she’s also laughing.

 

“It’s better to see you laughing. So stop sulking over Bambi, when you have the Oh-so-great Kai beside you.” Kai winked at Raemin. He yet again gained another violent slapping on the arms.

 

Soon, they arrived at Raemin’s apartment. “See you tomorrow, ert.” Raemin said, closing the door of the apartment. “Yeah, see you tomorrow, angry bird.” Kai bid with a chortle.

 

Once Kai was on the road in front of her apartment, he looked up to the third floor of the building and gazed at the open lights of Raemin’s living room.

 

“Sleep well my angel. Keep smiling for me okay?” His lips tugged at the sides. He let out a content sigh and went his way.


 

Yes. SeLuKai just for you.

You flappingly flap flap lucky fangirl.

Sorry for the late update T^T I was friggin busy this past week.

And this might be my last update for the month.

I flappin have to review for the college entrance exams. *le sigh* (-___-")

Anyway, I hope you enjoyed the update. AND FREAKING MOTHER GOOSE. EXO'S CB <3

 

 

 

ciao~~~

-faye_lee