VIII: Punishment

The Grim Reaper

Raemin

Sehun and his jerk friends were whispering among themselves.And I am certain that Sehun wasn’t going to the washroom when he said so.

Half an hour has passed and Sehun hasn’t returned to his seat. Our teacher seemed to notice it too as his gaze always landed on the empty seat beside me.

“I wonder what’s taking him so long…” I heard Kris mutter and saw him glance at the wall clock.

“Maybe he dropped by a bubble tea shop?” Chen whispered back.

“Aish, really. Just in case that fellow doesn’t exist until lunch, back me up if Suho interrogates me.”

Chen sighed and patted Kris’s back.

It is now clear that Sehun really didn’t go to a washroom break. I wonder where he went. I’m pretty sure that it is not something unimportant. If he would simply cut class for no reason, then that would be stupid of him. It’s his first day here as a transferee.

“Raemin.”

I was snapped out of my thoughts when the teacher called my name. My eyes immediately fixated at him and I straightened my posture.

“Yes, Seonsaengnim?” I asked politely.

“Would you kindly look around the campus and find out where that new classmate of yours went to that it’s taking him so long?” The teacher shot Chen and Kris a suspicious look. Chen cringed and hung his head low to avoid eye-contact. Kris on the other hand displayed a face that contained undefinable emotions.

How should I call it? Poker face? Plain face? No it’s… more than that.

B*tch Face.

“Sure.” I stood up from my seat and dusted my skirt. I walked awkwardly on the aisle as the girls in my class murmur sulfuric and envious words.

“Why she?”

“She again?”

“So lucky.”

“I’ll top this class too just to search for Sehun.”

“So irritating.”

“Look at how she walks. She thinks she owns the aisle.”

I almost tripped in my own footsteps when I heard that comment. Me? Walking like I own the aisle? I ignored them and proceeded with my task—to find that irritating boy named Oh Sehun.

_______________________________________________________________________________________________

Sehun

I knew it. I shouldn’t have passed through the gates.

I should have jumped off the rooftop and fled from tree to tree.

“Where is your student I.D.?” the guard on the gate asked for the umpteenth time.

“I don’t have one.” I repeated numerous times.

“Now, aren’t you a trespasser? Let me bring you to the principal right away!” The irritating man hooked his arm around mine and pulled me back to the school building.

“I am a student here. I just transferred today.” I shook his grip from me and rolled my eyes.

This guy is getting on my nerves.

“If you’re a student here, then where’s your school I.D.?”

“I.DON’T.HAVE.YET.A.FREAKIN.SCHOOL.I.D.” I said through gritted teeth.

“You’re a trespasser then!”

“I AM NOT A TRESPASSER! HOW MANY TIMES DO I HAVE TO TELL YOU THAT I AM A NEW STUDENT HERE?!”

“Geez. You don’t have to shout. You could have told me earlier.”

Seriously? Man, seriously?

“I TOLD YOU MANY TI-“

“Why are you sneaking around the school gates then?”

“I was- I was…”

Shooot.

“What?! Answer in 5 seconds or DETENTION.”

“I was looking for the comfort room.”

I blurted out and scratched my neck.

“Looking for the comfort room?!”

“Yes.” I lied.

“Well, the comfort room is not  anywhere near the school gates young man. Are you sure you’re not a trespasser?” The guard eyed me suspiciously for how many times now. It is really irritating. And he asked that for the millionth time already!

If only I could tell him the truth, he would have released me right away.

“I AM NOT A TRETHPATHER!!!!” I shouted and ruffled my hair in frustration.

“Chill! What are you doing in this school then?”

I have spent half an hour dealing with him! We’ve been through this, just circling in the conversation. That’s it. I’m full of it! I stomped away from him and nearly ran out of the school gates.

“Hey! Where are you going?” He chased after me though it was difficult because of his pot-belly.

“OH.SE.HUN!!!!!” That voice made me stop on my tracks. It sent the same weird sensations that a grim reaper should not feel. A while ago I was blushing and now.. wait. I was blushing?! This is impossible...

I slowly my heel and silently wished I was just dreaming. But luck wasn’t on my side today. It was her—Raemin. She stood with legs shoulder apart and hands on her waist.

This is not happening.

“Agassi, are you a trespasser too?” The guard questioned and scratched his head.

Raemin ignored him and stomped to my direction.

“Mister Cutting Classes, don’t you know that you’re interrupting my class because of your disappearance?” She is obviously fuming with anger.

“Don’t you know I’ve been sent out just to search for your ? I am missing my biology class because of you. Just how many times do you want to ruin my day?”

She threw her hands in the air with a manner of irritation.

Oh so now, I turned into a disaster maker? I thought I was a stalker...

“I don’t have time for this.” I muttered and fled.

I didn’t wait to hear her angry screams. I want to come back as soon as I can. I need to talk to my hyungs about this. I don’t understand what’s happening anymore.

I rushed to the site where I was called to reap a soul.

Thankfully, it wasn’t another accident that would disturb me for the rest of the day. Instead, it was a sick patient in an emergency room who had multiple complications because of an illness.

I watched carefully as the soul pulled away from his mortal body. How confused and sad he was seeing his family crying over his dead body. But I could tell by the tubes and the IV that he had suffered long. At least, he now had the chance to rest peacefully.

“It’s time to go. Stay or Not?” I made it short and straight to the point. I’m in a hurry after all. I’ve missed half an hour of class and Raemin is raging.

The soul looked at me with an incredulous expression. “Who are you? Why can you see me? I’m not dead am I? I’m just dreaming! This is not true…” He looked at his hands in which he could see through. He is transparent.

“I’m sorry…” I breathed. He looked back at me again and strode to my direction. He held me in place , placing his hands on my shoulders.

“Bring me back! I’m not yet dead… I-I can’t be dead. My daughters need me! “ He shouted, shaking me and gesturing to his family.

I removed his hands from me calmly and sighed again.

“I am sorry. I don’t have the power. I’m sorry.” I used my scythe and touched the part of his chest where his heart was. I gently slid my scythe and he was gone.

I gazed at the weeping mother and the twins that innocently comforted their parent.

I guess this was more bothering than witnessing an accident.

"May he rest in peace." I whispered before launching myself out of this place.

I hurried back and in a matter of minutes, I was back to the class. I bowed to the teacher to apologize but he asked me to stay outside until 2 hours of the period ends. I was asked to kneel and raise my fists above my head.

After a while, I was joined by Kris hyung and Chen hyung who were sent out for being accused as my conspiracy buddies.

“Sehun, Suho would surely kill me.” Kris hyung sighed and did the same position as I was doing.

“The cellphone is left back there.” Chen hyung pouted as he stared at the locked door of the laboratory.

It took seconds before Kris and I registered that.

“You have a cellphone?!” Both of us exclaimed.

“No. I was hoping I had.”

We both rolled our eyes at him.

“Just do the punishment okay?” Kris hyung said and Chen obeyed bitterly.

After 5 minutes, we heard another ‘clack’. The door revealed a fuming Raemin whose eyes were focused on me, warning me revenge.

It seems like it won't be only Kris hyung and Chen hyung joining me in dentention today...

_________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

A/N:

Sorry for the crappy chapter :/

I promise a fluffy chapter next, though ^^

I might update tomorrow too ~

P.S. Yupina , your request will

be granted on the next chappie ^^