XVII: Train ride

The Grim Reaper

Sehun

“Oy, Sehun!” Chanyeol cheerfully greeted me after not seeing me for days. For days it is the first time that I went to school and showed up to them. Somehow, I’ve realized that I’ve taken enough time to claim privacy.

“What’s up man, where have you been?” Kris slung his arm around my shoulders.

“Just…somewhere.” I replied with a sigh as I fetched my things from the locker. I hope they’ll not bother to ask me anymore questions

“Sehun, will you tell us what’s the matter? We’ve all been worried sick for days.” Suho crossed his arms in front of his chest with creased brows. I gazed at him with a sorry expression but no words came out from my lips.

I weakly shut the door of my locker and slung my book bag on my right shoulder.

“Tell us when you’re ready.” Chen ruffled my hair caringly with a polite smile.

“Where’s your next class?” Baekhyun questioned me.

“Physics.” I muttered.

“I’ll walk with you. My class is next to yours.” He offered.

“Uh. Why now?” Xiumin suddenly grunted in disappointment and stomped his feet.

“You got a call from the bell?” D.O. asked.

“This is my 3rd time that I’m gonna be late for class.” Xiumin followed up before turning his back to us and sneaking out of the campus.

“I’ll go with him.” D.O. said and patted Suho’s shoulder.

“Yes, go.” Suho allowed with a quite worried expression. I couldn’t point out what’s the problem but it seems like the members are afraid of something. When Xiumin announced his reaping, they all turned unusually stiff.

“Hyung, do you have something to tell me too?” I asked Suho with a propped brow.

“Let’s talk about it later.” Lay suggested as he eyed the passing students.

The bell rang signaling that it’s 5 minutes before the first class starts.

“Thee you later at lunch Oh Thehun.” Tao mocked before he went to the other side of the hall. I scrunched my faced at him in irritation and aimed a punch at him which I really didn’t mean to throw. Just hoping.

“Let’s go?” Baekhyun offered and I claimed my place beside him.

On the way to my class, I happened to pass by Raemin and managed to have an eye contact with her. For a second, she held my gaze but retrieved it quickly and scampered away as if I was some offensive stranger.

I will never understand that girl.

Raemin

What a great day to start. Seeing Oh Sehun in the morning? Uh, I could already tell that today’s forecast is annoyance, irritation, bickering, brouhaha and whatsoever is connected to the preceding things I’ve mentioned.

Yesterday, however, it was a mystery to me how I got on my bed. My Appa said I used to sleep-walk a lot. Maybe I did walk to my bed. Then jerk Sehun got scared and scampered his way home.

Maybe that was the situation. I’d never imagine him tucking me to bed. That vicious human being is going to tuck someone to bed? Never. Weirdly though, I dreamt last night that he was flying again. He departed from my window pane—which was insanely peculiar if he really did that. Must’ve been one of my nightmares.

Ah, here we go. I finally reached my class.

I settled my things on the table and tapped my pencil on the table while waiting for the teacher. A few seconds later, a girl sitting right across from me shot me an irritated look.

“Will you stop that?!” She pointed at my pencil-tapping with an annoyed expression.

I shrugged innocently and dropped my pencil on the table. Just then, 3 other girls hovered over me with -expressions. I looked up at them without moving a single muscle on my face.

“Aren’t you that girl?” The one in the middle asked with a smirk.

“What girl?” I asked, moving only my lips.

“That thick-faced girl who hangs out with EXO all the time.” The girl on her right pointed at me with a disgusted expression.

“Excuse me?” A hint of offense poured from my words as I cocked an arrogant brow at them.

“Excuse you. You aren’t worthy to even stay 5 meters of reach with them. You’re filthy, you’re ugly, you’re a who.” The girl on the left sneered at me and slammed her fist on my table.

Angered boiled in my veins as I tried to hold back from slapping their faces. Han Raemin, You are not like them. Don’t waste anything on them.

Another figure came to my side. I didn’t bother looking. I didn’t want to move an inch or else I might get myself a month of detention.

Surprisingly though, the girls in front of my desk immediately tamed.

“Ah, Raemin, I’ll treat you lunch later, okay?” the one who said I was a who gently chirped.

“I’ll let you ride home with me in my Lambhorghini later.” The girl in the middle who was now all-smile offered.

“I-I’ll let you come over at my house. Let’s have a slumber party!”  another one clapped fakely.

“You’re all so stupid.” A familiar voice muttered. “Didn’t you realize we’ve heard everything that you said to her?” Another voice cam in.

“O-oppa…we’re sorry!” The three girls scampered away and out of sight.

 Kai turned the chair in front of me towards my table and rested his arms on it. Luhan on the other hand stood leanly with his hands inside his pants pockets.

“Are you not going to defend yourself? You’re just going to accept everything that they said?!” Kai scolded me and flicked my forehead.

I rubbed the aching part and pouted at him.

“Kai.” Luhan said sternly before turning to me.

“It’s okay. I’ll be here to defend you.” He smiled angelically to which I blushed nervously.

“The next time those girls come for you, hit them straight in the face. They’ll be getting plastic surgery at the end of the year anyway.” Kai said, punching his fist to his palm.

“We just came by to say that none of us can ride you home later. Kai has to practice for a dance competition while I have to train for the coming soccer match. Are you alright going by yourself? “ Luhan asked thoughtfully and sat on my table.

“You could have said it later lunch. I’ll be fine. No need to worry. It’s not like I’m some kindergarten student.” I laughed shortly and elbowed the both of them.

“Mr. Xi and Mr. Kim get back to your classes now!” We didn’t notice that the professor has arrived. He scolded both Luhan and Kai as they scrambled away to their respective classes while I giggle at their doofusness.

“And you Ms. Han better not invite students from other class to come barging in in ours.”

“Ne, Sonsaengnim.” I bowed apologetically.

Time passed quickly. I ate lunch together with EXO including Luhan and Kai. Forunately, Sehun wasn’t around and so as other members. Suho told us that the brats are just skipping classes.

It was already dismissal when my day was finally torn apart by the jerk himself. Oh Sehun was leaning on the wall just beside my last class’s door and it seems like I was the one who he was waiting for.

“What are you doing?” I asked him as he followed my footsteps in the corridor.

“I heard no one's walking you home. So, I’m walking you home.” He said with a flat tone and a stone face.

“Who says you’re walking me home?” I questioned him with my hands on both sides of my waist.

“Me.” He replied plainly and snatched my bag away from me. He slung it against his other shoulder and walked ahead. I rolled my eyes irritatingly and stomped my way to his side.

“Will you stop it? It’s not funny!” I hissed as I pulled my bag from him.

“I’m not joking.” He effortlessly battled against my strength and held my wrist.

He pulled me towards him until we were centimeters away. He purposely breathed on me and smirked. “ You’re weak.” He said and dragged me along his side.

Due to my endless struggling, we arrived at the bus station too late. The next bus comes at 8:30p.m. which is 3 and a half hours from now.

“UGHHHH.” I grunted in frustration as I threw my hands to my face.

“What are we going to do now?!” I harrumphed.

“It was your fault. Don’t blame me.” Sehun said as he mindlessly read the bus schedules.

“Right, if you didn’t kidnap me in the first place, I wouldn’t have been late from anything.” I rolled my eyes and blew a raspberry.

Sehun suddenly grabbed my hand and started pulling me again to who-knows-where.

“Great, now where are you taking me?” I tried prying my hands off him to no avail.

“Will you stop struggling?! We’ll ride the train to get to the next town. That’s your bus’ next destination. Now, if we can do it within 30 minutes…” Sehun was serious. He had his usual stone face on but a hint of emotion was surfacing in his voice.

For the first time, I finally complied and cooperated with him though I still hated him. We fast-walked to the nearest train station. Just as the train was about to leave, we arrived.

The doors were already closing when Sehun pulled me and sprinted inside of it just when a strand of my hair was almost caught by the closing doors.

Inside the train was packed. And I huffed from the hustle we’ve done just to get here. Everyone struggled to find a comfortable position as a little shift would cause disturbance to another.

The train suddenly jerked causing a male student to shove me against a metal rail. It hit my hip quite hard.

“Hey, watch it.” Sehun stared down the student making him cower back.

To my least expectations, Sehun placed both of his hands on both sides of the door I’m leaning. His arms protected me from the other passengers but his chest was almost just a few centimeters away from my face.

I can’t help but notice how fresh and fragrant he smelled.

“You okay?” He looked down at me and spoke—sending a wave of mint breath to my face.

I felt my face heat up and my heart accelerate. I played with my fingers uncomfortably and answered with a stutter. “Y-yes.” I shyly looked up at him.

There was a fraction of a movement in Sehun’s lips but I can bet all my inexistent fortune that he smiled. And that single gesture sent my heart to tap dance and jump like it’s on a trampoline.

I quickly retrieved my eyes from him and looked down on my hands as I felt my face rise in temperature. Why am I feeling this way?


 

YEHET!

It's been four months ;u;

Author-nim is so sorry TT^TT

*bows thousand times*

Anyway, Merry Christmas !

Thank you and I love you all for keeping up with my slow updates.

Thank you readers, subscribers and thos who were generous to give this story an upvote.

I really can't explain how thankful I am.

SARANGHAMNIDA~ <3

-author-nim