XXIII: Dying

The Grim Reaper

Raemin

 

I stared wide-eyed at Sehun. I couldn’t believe that he still had the guts to set his foot in my humble home after what happened. This dude’s obviously shameless.

 

“You’re just in time for your tutor session.” Sehun ignored Luhan as if there was nothing but thin air beside me.

 

That seemed to stir Luhan’s anger back and I felt his stiff and restraining aura radiating. I stole a quick glance at him and I was right. His lips were curled in a sneer and his fists were balled into fists.

 

Oh, this is not good.

 

“Sehun, will you please just go home now. I think I know enough to be able to catch up.” I pleaded and tried my best to sound real convincing. I really need him out of the house. I don’t want Luhan and him fighting especially when there are no one but me to stop them.

 

And judging by my strength, I’d probably knocked down unconscious by a stray punch.

 

Sehun stood stubbornly with his arms crossed in front of his chest. “If I’m asked to go then I think he’d better leave the house too.” He nudged his chin towards Luhan with an indifferent expression.

 

“After all, he’s still a man. And I don’t think I’d trust you with him.” Sehun smirked at Luhan—provoking a fight.

 

I gave Sehun a warning gaze and  then reached out to grab Luhan’s hand and shot him a pleading look. “Don’t worry. I’m in full control.” Luhan said with a strained voice. His teeth were greeted.

 

I sighed tiredly and took a few steps back to the door. I turned the knob and swung it open. “Please leave, both of you. I think I’ve had enough of your hard-headedness for today.” I muttered with a hint of bitterness in my voice.

 

Luhan gave me a look of apology and briefly held my hand before he left the apartment. Sehun on the other hand flashed another smirk—of victory—upon seeing Luhan retreat. He fetched his school bag on the couch and slipped his shoes on.

 

As he pass by me, he paused for a few short seconds enough for him to say these words: “Just to make it clear, I don’t want you hanging out with other guys. That includes EXO—especially Luhan and Kai.” After he made that remark, he turned his back and went with quick strides.

 

I closed the door in a daze and thought of his words. Who is he to say that to me?! He’s not my boyfriend! And he’s not even my friend! He’d better know that he’s under my enemy list.

 

I made a note on my head to install 3 padlocks on the door this coming weekend. I’ll make sure that damned Oh Sehun will never be able to sneak into my house ever again.

 

I took a quick bite from the leftover dishes this morning that I microwaved. After that I went in the shower for a hot, relaxing bath to calm my nerves down and reduce the headache that resided by a fraction after I recovered from the fall.

 

Before I went to sleep, I finished all the homework I had to accomplish for tomorrow and popped a few pain killers before going to bed.

 

But tonight was abnormally odd. From time to time , my vision would blur and spots would dance around my eyes. My headache started to worsen even with the intake of huge-dosed tablets.

 

My hands were eventually cold and clammy. My forehead started to have droplets of sweat and my body felt irregularly weak and unable.

 

To my panic, I slipped out of bed and held on tightly to the bedside table just to assure myself that I can still stand. But my knees were wobbly. And they felt like they’re giving out.

 

I scampered desperately for water in panic. I crawled to the kitchen to hydrate myself—expecting I would get better once I’ve filled myself with water.

 

But no—a few moments later, my vision started to spin. Everything was a swirl. Even my whole body felt so limp and it takes severe effort for me to move a muscle. In less than a few seconds, my legs failed me. I lay curled up on the cold wooden floor.

 

My breath hitched in mix of worry, nervous, and panic when my vision completely out. I was aware that my eyes were open. But I couldn’t see anything.

 

My hands immediately flew to my face to touch my eyes. I was right—they were open. But why can’t I see anything?! Deep anxiety rushed through my mind. Excessive thinking did nothing but add to the pile of terror I’m experiencing.

 

In a short flash, everything I ever thought of was replaced by unimaginable pain. I felt no control over my body as it engaged into a horrid seizure.

 

Sehun

~

 

I was out on top of one of the rooftops near Raemin’s neighborhood hanging out with few of the EXO members when the bell rang in my ears. I stood immediately from my seat and clutched the scythe that automatically appeared on my hand.

 

The others looked at me knowingly.

 

“Reap heaps.” Chen said cheekily.

 

“You want me to accompany you?” Suho offered.

 

I shrugged. “If you desperately want to, hyung.”

 

The others laughed and bid us goodbye as we travelled in blinding speed under the garish glow of the full moon and stars. The rushing wind blocked out the noise of furious cats on the streets, brawling gangs and unpeaceful homes.

 

As we slowed down to the site, I couldn’t hide the surprise I felt with this coincidence. My feet brought me to the building of Raemin’s apartment. I swallowed down the building negativity in my stomach and proceeded rather carefully.

 

I followed the bell’s sound and to my utter disbelief it rang leading to her apartment. My insides felt heavy and cold. My airway felt cramped although I never needed to breathe.

 

I dashed with an explainable mix of tension and remorse swearing that whoever took the life out of her will suffer endless hell while he’s living. And I’ll make sure I’ll be the one to make him beg to kill him instead—even if I go down with him in hell.

 

“What’s wrong?” Suho asked with concern.

 

“This is where Raemin’s apartment is.” I replied in a dry voice as we jumped into an open window of Raemin’s bedroom.

 

“Don’t tell me…” Before Suho could even continue his suspicion, we were astounded by the sight we saw. Just beside Raemin’s kitchen counter lay a limp and lifeless body.

 

It was hers—Raemin’s.

 

“No....” Suho hyung whispered in disbelief. He dropped his scythe and leaned against the wall for support.

 

I thought of nothing else this moment but to trap her in my arms. I went to her side as fast as I could. With my whole body trembling in shock, I cradled half of her frame in my left arm and held her face with my right hand.

 

Undefined words came out of my lips. Meaningless noise escaped as I struggled through the doomed emotions I was feeling. I wanted to avenge. I wanted to mourn. I wanted to throw my fist on the ground. I wanted to do anything just to bring her back at any cost.

 

Tears ran down my cheeks and dropped on her face. I was embracing her and racking back and forth while crying on the crook of her neck.

 

“Raemin…wake up. Wake up… Come on, wake up…” my words repeated. Suho was slow to approach. He looked at me—not knowing what to do.

 

“Do something! Hyung! Do something!” I shouted at him. All the rage weighing on these words that I didn’t care to throw.

 

“Sehun…her soul. Where’s her soul?” Suho’s words were quiet—they were confused and distressed.

 

Immediately, he knelt on Raemin’s other side and grabbed her wrist.

 

“Hyung, what are you doing?” I asked in a dazed harsh voice.

 

“Silence.” He ordered and looked away with concentration. He traced her pulse in between his fingers. “She’s alive…her soul’s intact…but faint. She’s……She…..Raemin’s….dying. But not today. No.”

 

 


 

Don't hate me TAT 

This is just . =))

-faye_lee