XIV: The trigger

The Grim Reaper

Raemin

3 days had passed and I honestly cannot deny the fact that I’ve grown restless trying to find my way in approaching Luhan. However, it felt like some merciless entity would never fail to take that opportunity away from me.

 

I wanted so much to tell him that it was all Sehun’s fault.

 

Sehun.

 

I hate that name. How I wish I could bury it deep down hell’s pit. I haven’t really gotten in contact with him ever since that day he proclaimed his jealousy of Luhan and screamed he hated me at the top of his lungs.

 

I don’t think that boy has been coming to school lately. EXO would rarely be complete too. Most of the time, lunch would be a lot less noisy without a number of their members. And, with Luhan avoiding me, every day would trudge like forever.

 

 At the moment, I am entering the school gate. And as usual, I would be stuck between ruckuses of fangirls whose hormones never seemed to have decreased their intensity.

 

I could have used the back entrance of the school. But there’s a purpose to this sacrifice.

I stood at the tip of my toes and inclined my neck. With what I am doing, you could probably conclude that I am not different from any of the other fangirls. Just like them, I would risk my punctuality to class just to catch a glimpse of the person I admire.

 

I am being shoved around and my white socks had several foot prints on them due to the overcrowding. Nonetheless, I would be perseverant as ever just to see Luhan.

 

A group of queenkas suddenly squealed in delight; a very significant sound that would alarm other fangirls.

 

“Kyaaa~!”

 

“Kai! Oppa!!!”

 

“Kris!!!!! Yifan!!!~”

 

“Chen Chen!!!!”

 

The names of EXO members echoed in my ears as girls repeat them with admire-full voices.

 

However, out of these hundreds of voices, only one name rang my ears. There’s only one name that would make my heart skip a beat and rush blood to my cheeks.

 

“Luhan!!!”

 

The sound of his name irked me to squeeze my body in between the mob and rush to his side. But I can’t. Like these poor girls surrounding me who were not so fortunate to get near him, knowing his presence would have to suffice.

 

I proceeded to my first class after going through mayhem. These past few days, I haven’t really paid attention to our lessons. My mind was too preoccupied to absorb anything at all.

 

In fact, my nights were so restless that I even developed horrible dark circles under my eyes.

~

 

“Hey, hey!”

 

A distant voice entered my hearing senses. But as I was unconscious, I casually ignored it.

 

“Yah!”

 

I felt a gentle push against my shoulder but it didn’t really make me bulge. My body felt so heavy so as my eyes. I don’t think I need anything now but sleep. My body was unusually warm and chills are coming up my spine.

 

I felt weird. Nonetheless, my strength feels like seeping.

 

I heard a murmur around me and in a snap, I felt so weightless.

 

But my sense of hearing did not fail me. I heard loud gasps and familiar panicking voices which I was sure, came from my friends.

 

“Bring her to the Infirmary!”

 

“Someone, carry her!”

 

“Raemin!”

 

Later, several people mentioned a name that I least expected to hear.

 

“Sehun.”

 

“Sehun?”

 

The voices were unsure. Some were surprised and shocked. But amidst these, I too am curious why that horrible name is in my dreams—if I am dreaming.

 

I felt my weight being lifted from the ground. Soon, I was in motion. But I didn’t feel my feet moving, in a few more moments, a whish of air enveloped my surroundings. I felt like I was in a rocket. The wind rushed against my face but someone’s arms were felt securing me.

 

I have managed to open my eyes only to see a glimpse of a blury and very unusual sight. Oh Sehun, the boy I hate, was cradling me in his arms. My cheek was against his chest and he was moving in a blinding speed. Everything was in a blur but I somehow realized something. We were flying.

~

 

“Raemin?”

 

“Raemin , are you alright now? Do you hear me?”

 

A honey-like voice that melted my insides tended to my longing. In eager to answer his questions, I let out a low moan which was all that I could manage.

 

I felt a hand caressing my face and a thumb drawing circles on my cheek.

 

“I’m sorry…” Luhan muttered in a whisper.

 

“I should have not done that when I promised to take care of you. I will never do that to you again. Ever.”

 

I then felt a kiss planted at the back of my palm.

 

Luhan….

 

Don’t be sorry. It’s not your fault. You’ve been nothing but life and happiness to me.

 

How I wanted to say these words to him. But my current state limited me from these. I could even barely open my eyes.

 

A door creaked open and a click was heard after it was shut.

 

“Is she awake now?” Kai’s voice vibrated in the room.

 

“Not fully. I guess she needs more rest. She’s been distressed for days, I think.” Luhan said in a morose tone.

 

“It’s your fault, jerk. If you weren’t so dense and fickle minded, this wouldn’t have happened.” Kai spat the words without even using formalities.

 

“I know, I’m sorry…” Luhan replied with a regretful sigh.

 

“Your sorry wouldn’t make up for anything. Once she gets well, promise me you wouldn’t stick your childish out and hurt her like you did.”

 

“I swear I wouldn’t. I’m sorry.”

 

“Good. ‘Cause if you do, I swear too that I would take her away from you.”

 

The door yet again swung open. I have to admit. My hearing’s really good.

 

“Are you Miss Han’s relatives?” If I were to guess right, I think it is a doctor speaking.

 

“No, we’re just her friends. We take care of her though…since she has lost her parents and she lives alone.” I heard Luhan respond.

 

“I see.” I could hear sympathy from the doctor’s voice.

 

“Would you tell us what happened to her?” Kai is obviously impatient.

 

“A tall, blonde-haired,  good-looking boy who looked so troubled arrived here with Miss Lee unconscious in his hands and-“

 

“Wait, what? Who was that guy” Kai asked in a confused tone.

 

“He told us his name is Sehun and that, he is a school mate of Miss Han. He left as soon as we have set a room for Miss Han.”

 

“Sehun? I haven’t seen that dude in days…” Kai thought loudly.

 

“Please proceed.” Luhan interrupted.

 

“We observed she had a very high fever which has greatly caused her to lose her consciousness. The patient seemed to have been in distress for a few days now. So, we concluded that, that could be the main reason from her current state. A lot of rest and proper diet would bring her back to normal.”

 

“Thank God.” I heard Luhan sighed in relief, so as Kai.

 

“However… we did some other examinations in further investigation.  As we have wanted to reassure her health, we have found out something malignant in her system. I want to break this slowly to you…”

 

For a brief moment, I could swear that Kai and Luhan’s breathings hitched. And, I felt mine stopping too, skipping together with my heart beat.

____________________________________________________________________________________________________

I know what you're thinking.

After 8247347294721423743297492 years 

Finally. An update.

I'm so sorry it took so long. I'm in my senior year so that

concludes that I am indeed very busy.

Tomorrow's my retreat and I have so many palancas lined up.

But I prefer to update. Hahaha. 

Anyway, Yayyy it's the part! Dadadadadada ~

We're finally getting into the story~

'til next time my lovely readers <3 ~

 

-faye_lee