Angel (Special Chapter)

The Grim Reaper

A/N: No one answered the question but hanraemi16 XDD

My favorite food is Spicy Beef Noodle Soup. I think I'm the only who knows that fact. My mom didn't know of it either :|

Since no one but hanraemi16 answered, I'll just dedicate this to her ^^

P.S. poster will follow soon. My eyes are too tired to make a poster 'cause I cried XDD

Other one shot fics I made today

Speak Now

Sparks Fly

Anyway, hbd to me ^^ and to all other people there celebrating their bdays :)

_________________________________________________________________________________________

 

 

 

 

 

 

Special Chapter

~

Screeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeechh!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Raemi Stepped on the brakes of the car so hard that the wheels of her car smoked against the pavement. She was too afraid to look up from her steering wheel. Her heavy breaths filled the silence of the car.

Her mind was filled with panic, nervousness and worry that her hands shook so badly. As she gathers up her guts and courage, slowly, she lifts her head up to glance at her windshield.

The glare of her headlights against the dark road was scary. The night was filled with clouds but the moon was shining down on her like it witnessed everything. However, it wasn’t what she was looking for.

The man crossing the road was gone. Did she bump into it? Did she kill him? Where is he?

“Oh god, oh god, oh god. Please please no…” She muttered in a shaky voice while pushing the car’s door open with trembling hands.

The cold weather and falling snow was suddenly in contact. The cotton-like substance that fell against her skin felt like electricity. The cold wind that blew her hair away was irregularly harsher than it should be. And the steam that came out from was endless with her fast breaths.

She took stiff little steps to the front, heading to the bumper, with closed eyes. Her heart beat so rapidly against her ribs and she felt like a real murderer.

As she slowly peaks to see what occurred, her heart skipped a beat.

I killed somebody.

Was all that echoed in her mind. Strangely, there was no blood or any injury visible on the man’s limp body. However, he was as motionless as a doll. There was no measured movement at all.

Raemi reached out slowly to touch the man. Her trembling finger slowly inched to the man’s unmoving face. Against his skin, her finger felt so cold. She gently deepened her touch, and soon, her palm was against his cheek.

She couldn’t deny that he is good-looking. His skin was white as ivory. His almost-white blonde hair looked so smooth despite being dishevelled by the impact. His eyelashes were enviably long and his nose was tall. His lips looked so pink and perfectly shaped.

I didn’t just kill a person. I killed a beautiful person.

Raemi thought in guilt.

“Oh god, is he really dead?” She whispered, steam coming out from .

The steam reminded her of the harsh weather. It was definitely below zero degrees cold outside. And the man was bare. She didn’t understand why he was but what matters now is if he’s alive or not.

Raemi shook out of her coat and draped it against the guy’s body. Looking at him, she sure didn’t know what to do. She is currently clueless. She was never given a briefing on what to do if you accidentally bumped somebody with a car.

She was deciding whether she’s going to take him home or leave him be since he may be good as dead. But, consciousness was with her at that moment. It bugged her endlessly as she stared at the poor figure.

So, with the remaining courage she had, she hooked her hands on the guy’s elbows and pulled him to the back side passenger seat. Pity was surging through her as his body scraped against the cold snow. She could just shiver at sight.

With a heavy huff, she poured all her strength in laying him down against the car seat. Seeing his bare body, Raemi removed her scarf and covered the guy’s intimate part. She couldn’t help but blush even though the guy was unconscious.

She rushed back and jogged to the driver’s seat. The temperature outside was so coldly intense that she turned up the heater to its best. She rubbed her palms together and took one last look at the human behind her and drove—more carefully this time.

After minutes of driving, the sight of a big, white two-story house gave Raemi hope. Comfort rushed through her blood as she knew that the person waiting inside that house can help her as he always did.

She quickly pulled up near the porch and jogged up the stairs, through the falling snow. With a quick jolt, she barged into the house and started calling a name.

“Minki!”

Minki is her fiancée. They’ve been together for three Christmases now. Tomorrow is the third, actually. She drove all the way from her work just to spend the night with him. Unfortunately though, it didn’t seem like they would celebrate it with joyful spirits this year—given the situation.

“Minki!” She called again, rounding the floor downstairs. As she got to the kitchen,  she saw someone’s familiar back—cooking something on the stove.

“Minki!” She muttered in relief as she approached him.

“Oh, Raemi, Hi! Merry Christmas!” Minki stopped the stirring and turned to give Raemi a quick peck.

“Look, dinner will be ready soon and I have something to tell you.” He placed his hands on her shoulder and looked her in the eyes with the gentle eyes she have grown fond of for the past three years.

How she would have loved to stayed in that moment and give him a kiss but there’s a person in her car—an unconscious man.

“Minki, Minki. I also have something to tell you! There’s a ma-“ Minki silenced her with his finger.

“We’ll talk about it later—dinner.” He said with a smile.

“But-but..” Raemi tried to interrupt.

“No buts.” He replied , shushing her again.

“But there’s a dead person in my car!” She exclaimed, throwing her hands up in the air. Tears started to spill as nervousness filled her stomach again.

“What?” Minki dropped the wooden ladle. He turned to her with wide eyes. He couldn’t believe what he just heard. It was the least that he expected to come out of anyone’s lips.

“I-I accidentally … bumped my car against him a while ago and I didn’t know what to do! There was no one in the road and-and…” Raemi couldn’t help stuttering. How could she tell anyone—especially the person she loves most that she has probably killed somebody?

“My goodness Raemi! Why didn’t you tell me earlier?” Minki removed his apron and threw it on the counter. Raemi followed him as he took strides in going out of the house.

Minki’s brows tightened with crease as his eyes trailed the body of a stranger.

“Should we bring him to the hospital?” Raemi asked, her eyes were evident of worry.

Minki checked the guy’s pulse and shone a flashlight against the man’s body. He didn’t seem injured at all and his heart rate was normal.

“No, I will be the one to examine him. He didn’t seem hurt.” He announced while placing the guy’s arm around his neck. “Help me, will you?” he asked from Raemi.

She quickly went to his other side and placed the guy’s other arm on hers. Together, they pulled him into the house and placed him on the couch in the living room.

“What do we do now?” Raemi asked, her eyes searching for help in Minki’s.

“Calm down. I’m a licensed doctor. I’ll be the one treating him if he has any injury at all.” Minki said while lifting the unconscious guy’s eyelids and flashed a light on it.

That night, the lovers spent their Christmas eve in the living room, sleeping uncomfortably on the carpet near the fire place.

Sehun woke up with a groan. His whole body hurt and he felt like a big bruise but it didn’t seem like he had any injury. The last thing he remembers is a huge metal with two bright lights hitting him before he was thrown from heaven.

Heaven…

He muttered in his head. He jolted up and his eyes snapped open. His hands immediately search his back but all that was there were two huge scars that run from his shoulders to the part just before his .

Raemi awoke with the sound of loud steps that seem to pace back and forth on the floor that she was resting her body against. However, the steps were not consistent. Every now and then, there will be a huge thud on the floor like someone just tripped over something.She rubbed her eyes open and Minki’s sleeping figure greeted her. Her heart didn’t seem to fail recognizing its owner.

“You’re awake!” an unfamiliar voice said in excitement.

Raemin abruptly rose up and searched for the voice. It came from the man she nearly killed yesterday.

“No, you’re awake—and alive!” She announced. Her eyes widened with joy and she quickly woke Minki.

“He’s alive!” She rejoiced and Minki woke from his sleep too.

“Was I dead?” Sehun asked, pointing to himself.

“You were hit by a car yesterday. I was the one who hit you actually.” She said, while rubbing the back of her neck.

“I was?” Sehun asked, still at lost.

~

“Do you remember your name?”

Now that Sehun was clothed, bathed and fed, Minki started to interview him, checking if there was any brain damage.

“Yes, My name is Sehun.”

“Do you know where you live?” Raemi chided.

“Of course.” Sehun replied, quite confident.

“Oh, thank god he knows where he lives!” Raemi said, clasping Minki’s hands.

“Where do you live then? Maybe we could bring you home and-“ Raemi was cut off when Sehun chuckled. The lovers looked at him weirdly and their hope of his sanity came crumbling down immediately.

“Even if I tell you…which I’m not allowed to do, you can’t bring me home.” He said, shaking his head—his lips still vibrating with laughter.

“Do you remember anything else, then?” Minki asked, one of his eyebrows cocked.

Sehun searched his mind. All he could remember was him falling down from heaven, landing on a cold white substance and being hit with a huge thing upon attempting to walk.

Aside from Sehun being doubtingly sane, he also had trouble on walking though Minki didn’t see any abnormal muscle or bone in Sehun’s legs.

“No…” Sehun replied in a daze. Now that he was thinking about it, he couldn’t remember why he is on earth. He couldn’t remember why his wings were clipped and he was thrown from the azure.

“It seems like he has amnesia…” Minki whispered with a hint of depress to Raemi.  

Months passed and Sehun lived with the couple. They were obligated to take him in since it was technically Raemi’s fault that he lost his memory. They fed him, taught him how to walk, educated him---everything. Well, actually, it was more like Raemi—not they. Minki was always away.

His job prevented him from spending time together with Raemi. Sehun witnessed how lonely Raemi was but even though, Raemi didn’t seem to mind living with only a glimpse of Minki’s voice or face for a week.

The two grew close—Raemi and Sehun. But they both knew their limitations. However, one didn’t seem to have stopped his feelings from overflow. Sehun didn’t realize that he has fallen in love with Raemi—with her little actions of kindness, her craziness, her bubbliness and her wise thinking. Moreover, he has fallen in love with a girl that is ever so loyal to her fiancée.

Sehun stood by. He’s watching in pain as Raemi loved Minki despite his absence. It hurt. It pained him more than the car accident. What’s more is that falling in love for him was forbidden. He couldn’t gain his wings back if he falls completely.

And the person who he fell in love with couldn’t love him back—all because she’s already found her special someone. Soon, Sehun decided to leave from their custody and lived on his own. He was able to fend for himself through simple jobs.

With what he has earned, he put up a business—he bought and sold cars. Ironic how he was almost got killed by that machine but, he loved how it reminded him of Raemi.

His business got big in a span of two years however; he lived in a daze—in a dream. It was until one day when a familiar car showed up. One of Sehun’s agents had bought it and was planning to sell it soon. But something was really, really, strangely, oddly, familiar with it.

So, Sehun refused to sell the car. He searched for its’ owner and was shocked by the information he knew. It was Raemi who owned that car. It was that very car that hit him and brought him to Raemi.

In his excitement, he immediately set up a meeting—somewhat a reunion—with her.

On the night of December 24, the two has agreed to meet up at a restaurant. That night, the weather was just as stormy as the night he fell on earth. It was undeniably nostalgic—and painful on his part.

After waiting for almost 30 minutes, a familiar figure that never left his mind 24/7 appeared on the entrance of La Belle. His heart didn’t fail from flipping when he saw her. His love for her never decreased even by a fraction.

“Hi.” Raemi greeted while placing her coat on the back rest of the seat.

“Hi.” Sehun greeted back.

“So, how have you been?” Raemi asked, placing her clasped hands on the table.

“I’m fine. Perfectly fine. I now have a business—selling and buying cars.” Sehun said, smiling at the mention of the greatest achievement he had.

“Wow. That’s great.” Raemin complimented, sipping from the glass of red wine in front of her.

“How about you? You look as great as ever. How are you and Minki doing? Are you guys married?” The question did bug Sehun. His heart felt pinched at the mention of ‘married’

Raemi’s heart sank a little. Her lips formed into a thin smile but her eyes showed sadness.

“We-we didn’t work out.” She said and pursed her lips.

“Oh…I’m…I’m sorry.” Sehum muttered. A part of him was glad. It means a chance for him. But seeing Raemi’s devastating state, he is pained more than ever.

“Don’t be it’s okay. Actually I am glad that he was honest with me. Would you believe? He was planning of breaking up with me on the night that I crashed on to you. He just postponed it because he was afraid of me, having a mental break down. He thought it would be hard for me to recover if he would add up to my traumas.” Raemi said with a laugh. But a tear glistened down her cheek.

That sparkle brought odd memories flashing back. It dazed him until it he could no longer hold onto his balance and fell from his seat.

“Sehun! Sehun-ah!” Raemi’s voice and panicked expression was all he heard before he fell into a deep flash back.

~

“Please! Please! Let me save her!” Sehun was begging on his knees.

He knew what was going to happen. The girl he loved would die today. On her way back home, the thick snow and ice would cause her car to slip and throw her off the cliff.

“You wouldn’t be able to come back if you save her. It’s not in our control to manifest anyone’s destiny.” The archangel held Sehun’s shoulders in comfort.

“I-I’m willing to give up my wings!” Sehun choked out, more tears came pouring out.

Sehun’s words surprised Suho, the archangel,

“But Sehun! You won’t be able to go back! Why would you offer me this nonsense?” Suho asked, flabbergasted.

“Because I love her!” Sehun announced.

Suho was taken aback. But he doesn’t have a choice. Any angel who would fall in love with a mortal is to be thrown away from heaven.

“Very well, then.” Suho said with a heavy heart.

Soon, Sehun was falling down from the clouds. He landed conscious on a pile of white snow. His memories were erased, so as not for him to look for the mortal he loved. However, fate was kind to him. As he attempted to cross the road, and as Raemi was about to hit the ice that would cause her death, both of them crashed into each other.

Both saved each other’s lives.

~

Sehun woke up to the sound of a whirring. He rubbed his eyes open and felt a heavy coat on him. It was the same coat that he woke up to two years ago.

“You’re awake! God, this scene is really nostalgic!” Raemi said, her hands on the stirring wheel but her eyes were on Sehun.

“Where am I?” Sehun asked Raemi. He now knew who Raemi is. She’s that girl whom he loved ever since.

“I’m driving you to the hospital since you passed out. You’re in my car—technically yours. Since you bought it few days ago.” Raemin said with a laugh.

“Stop driving.” Sehun muttered.

“What?” Raemi asked, confused.

“I said, stop driving.” Sehun said in a commanding voice.

Raemi pulled over to the side of the road and turned her head to Sehun.

“Why did you want me to stop?” She asked.

“So that I could finally kiss the girl whom I have given up my wings for.” Sehun leaned in. His hands reached out for her cheek and nape.

Without any hesitation, he pressed his soft lips against her.

This is my heaven.

 

I, who has fallen in love with no other place to go back

My wings have been taken away oh no

Even though I lost my everlasting life, 

The reason to my happiness is because you are my eternity, eternally love

 

 

Their lips moved in sync. Raemi didn’t protest. At that moment, she knew why Minki and her didn’t work out. It’s because someone else was meant for her. Sehun is.

They were meant for each other.

~End~