VII: School

The Grim Reaper

Raemin

 

I lay on my bed unmoving, thinking of the confusing and multiple events that happened in a span of one day. Today, I met 10 handsome guys called EXO. They look good and they all seem nice. Except that there’s this mysterious aura in them that I can’t trust.

I sighed and diverted my gaze from the ceiling. Looking at the view outside my window, the dark sky embedded with multiple dazzling stars greeted my eyes. I searched for the one that shines the brightest and thought of that as my appa.

“Appa… I really miss you, a lot. I know you’re watching me right now. Don’t worry, I’m alright.”

Then hot tears started to form in my eyes out of nowhere. I don’t know where it came from but it flowed endlessly. I lied. I’m not fine at all. I feel lonely. I feel… empty.

~~

“Holy..sh-“ Kai muttered. He stopped on his tracks, together with me and Luhan.

“Are they who I think they are?” Luhan asked, his brows joining in confusion and curiosity.

“I think so…” I breathed my reply. Appa in heaven, help me.

At the school’s entrance, ten incredibly handsome, familiar guys were blocked by a mob of 99.9% of the students’ female population. 

The 0.01 % is me.

“Kya! Luhan and Kai are here!” One of the fangirls said. Half of the mob diverted their attention to the two guys beside me.

“I’ll go ahead.” I muttered quickly and turned for my escape. I took strides, rounding to the back passage of the school. I don’t want to be squeezed. It would take me at least 15 minutes to get my way amidst that mob.

Just as I was entering the back gate, someone grabbed my shoulders from behind—making me jump in surprise.

“Ah! Kapjagiya …(You scared me) ” I held my chest and turned to the person who stopped me from my tracks. To my disappointment, it seems that my morning would be ruined by this moron standing in front of me.

“Err… Hi.” Sehun said and scratched the back of his neck.

“Hi, stalker.” I grumbled and my heels, gesturing that I clearly am not happy to see him. How can he deny that he is a stalker when he’s clearly following me around. To mention, he has already enrolled himself here in our school, judging by that uniform he’s wearing.

“Hey!” he protested and grabbed me by the hand now.

I tried shaking his grip off in irritation. Who knew behind that thin body of his, there hid such a strong and powerful grasp.

“What do you want?” I asked , frustrated by his actions and weird change of moods.

Yesterday, we were arguing and he didn’t seem like he wants to talk to me. Now, he’s chasing after me.

“I’m not stalking you.” He said arrogantly, his brows coming together.

I glanced at his hand which encircled securely around my wrist. I raised a brow at him. “It looks to me that you are.”

Sehun quickly removed his grip and cleared his throat. “Believe me, I’m protecting you” he muttered, almost inaudible to my ears.

“Protecting me from what, Sehun?” I whispered the question, my voice hinted curiosity but the irritability stood out more. And, I can’t believe I just called him by his name. I felt familiar and comfortable with calling his name. But I was embarrassed of this.

I hope I’m not turning different shades of red and pink right now.

I caught Sehun raising his brow at me too. I think he also noticed my words. I can’t tell if he’s blushing too. But, I think I saw a tint of pink on his cheeks.

“You don’t want to know.” He sighed and made his way to the entrance, bumping shoulders with me.

Really, this guy is unbelievable. I hate him. He is annoying. He is weird. He is ughhhh.

_____________________________________________________________________________________________

 

Sehun

I hate Raemin. I hate how she made me blush at the sound of my name coming from her lips. I hate how she makes me curious about her. I hate how I think of her almost every minute. I hate how she compels me effortlessly to her. I hate it when I so want to approach her and she makes it hard for me. I hate how unpredictable she is. I hate her big and round brown eyes. I hate her slim brows. I hate her cute little nose. I hate her …

Stop it Sehun!

I scolded myself inwardly and ruffled my hair in annoyance.

“Aish!” I kicked the floor, having nothing to blame my anger on.

“Oooh~~~~~~~~”

 I heard an irritating deep voice say in a teasing manner.

“It looks like our Sehunnie is not in a good mood.”

I turned around to see Chanyeol hyung and Baekhyun hyung who seemed to have witnessed my frustrated actions. They were both leaning on the lockers that were designated on the hallway.

“Hyung…” I muttered bluntly, just to acknowledge their presence. Chanyeol hyung came to me first and placed an arm around my shoulder.

“Hey, hands off Chanyeol. Your hands are mine and only mine!” Baekhyun hyung said and replaced Chanyeol’s arm with his.

“Heh. So possessive.” Chanyeol whispered to my ear and giggled.

I noticed that the hallway was full of girls gazing at us with heart-shaped eyes. They were grinning and whispering among themselves. Occasionally, some of them would point at us and I will hear them squeal delightfully.

“Oh, by the way, Sehun what’s your next class?” Baekhyun hyung asked, looking at the room numbers of the doors we’ve passed by.

Aw, shoot.

I cussed inwardly.

“Actually, I don’t know yet…”

“What?!” they questioned in chorus.

“Why?” followed by the confused eyes of Baekhyun hyung.

“I haven’t… checked my schedule yet…” I admitted, scratching my head.

“You brat.” Chanyeol knocked my head playfully.

Baekhyun hyung snatched my bag and rummaged it for the small white slip where my subjects and their designated time slot was printed

“Seems like you have the same first class as Kris and Chen…” Baekhyun muttered, scratching his chin.

“Oh, reminds me. Where are the other members?” I asked, looking around.

“They went ahead with their classes to escape from their fans. It’s only the first day and they’ve already formed fan clubs. EXO M and EXO K are competing with each other. Fans are also branding us with signature names and symbols.” Chanyeol hyung answered.

“Oh…” I said thoughtfully.

“It looks like you’ve arrived at your class, Sehunnie~” Chanyeol hyung said, pausing with his steps in front of the Science lab.

I gazed at the door, not sure if I want to enter or what. After all, in my whole life as a grim reaper, I haven’t attended a single class.

“Hwaiting!” Baekhyun hyung cheered me, opening the door for me and pushing me in.

The teacher sensed my entrance and turned to my direction. I also spotted Kris hyung and Chen hyung 3 rows away from me.

“Be a good boy Sehunnie! You’re a big boy now! ” Chanyeol hyung called before closing the door, making the class erupt in a laughter.

Amidst the door and the walls, I heard Chanyeol hyung’s dramatic sobbing.

“It’s as if it was just yesterday, when he was so cute, small and weak. I already miss our Sehunnie~”

“Eyyy. Chanyeol.” I heard Baekhyun hyung said , accompanied by a sound of slap on the back.

I sighed in annoyance and grumbled my way to the teacher.

He knocked his fist on the blackboard three times to get its attention.

“Along with Kris and Chen, we have another new student. Please introduce yourself to the class.”

“Annyeoghatheyo… Ch-Choneun… Oh Thehun imnida.” I declared shyly.

I heard some ‘awws’, squeals, ‘cute’,’adorable’ and snickers—from  Kris hyung and Chen hyung.

“He still hven’t fixed that lisp of his.” I heard Chen whisper to Kris.

“Suho should’ve corrected that a long time ago.” Kris whispered back to him.

I shot them a glare and they both straightened up on their seats.

“Oh Sehun-ssi, please take a seat. 3rd row, 2nd column.”

I searched for my seat and terror shook my brain. I would be begging to crawl out of this room. I would rather skip classes or reap souls at this very moment.

It can’t be her. How could it be her? Out of all the people?

“Raemin-ssi is one of the top students in Biology. I’m sure she would be a good help.” The teacher added encouragingly.

I groaned inwardly and dragged my feet beside Raemin—my most hated individual.

On my way, I glanced at Kris and Chen hyung who were grinning at me like doofuses. It appears that their table is just next to mine.

Great. This subject is just… awfully awesome. A period to spend time with a derp, troll and … Raemin.

Just then, I heard a sharp sound ring in my ears.

Shoot. 

This would really be a good way to start your first day at school

Wouldn't it be a good shot to ask your teacher to excuse you from class because you have to reap a soul?

I kicked Kris hyung’s chair lightly with my toe before I sat on my respective seat. Raemin shot me a glance but diverted her eyes back to her notes, seeming like she wants to ignore my presence. I really hate her.

“Hyung, did you hear the bell?” I whispered, low and quiet. Just for me and them to hear.

“Uh…no.” Kris hyung looked at me incredulously.                                

“But, I heard the bell. I need to go.”

“Tsk. I hate timings.” Chen hyung grumbled.

“Who’s talking there at the back?” The teacher turned to face us from his writings on the board. His eyes focused on the three of us who fidgeted with our fingers.

“Err… Songsaengnim,… Sehun says he thinls he needs to go out…” Chen said nervously, pointing his thumb at me.

“And why is that?” the teacher interrogated, fixing his spectacles.

“Because… because… his … his head is aching.” Chen blurted out without thinking.

Kris hyung and I shot him an irritated look.

“Songsaengnim, Sehun needs to use the men’s room.” Kris hyung muttered and nudged my shoulder.

“Ah, ne. ne. May I please go to the washroom.” I nodded excessively that the teacher squinted his eyes suspiciously at me.

“Okay, don’t take long.”

“Ne.”

I stood up from my seat. I caught Raemin looking at me with curious eyes.

This is going to be a looooong day.

________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

A/N:

Kamsahamnida subscribers~ ^^