XVIII: Bump

The Grim Reaper

Raemin

“Okay, you’ve walked me home. Now, it’s time for you to go.” I told Sehun with a hand gesturing “shoo”.

 

“Tch. Look at this girl. I’ve already done you a favor but you’re still sending me away like I’m some stray dog? Aish , jincha.” Sehun snickered and shook his head sideways disapprovingly.

 

“Yah, I didn’t ask you to walk me home in the first place!” I crossed my arms over my chest.

 

“Whatever.” Sehun rolled his eyes and entered the apartment building.

 

“Yah, what are you doing? You don’t live here, go home.” I pulled him by the sleeve but he just shook it off and made his way effortlessly to my small flat.

 

“I think you’ve forgotten that you still have a few tutor sessions left with me.” Sehun leaned against the door with his usual stone face and uninterested tone that never failed to irritate me.

 

I sighed dejectedly as I realized that my time of suffering with him was not over. The keys were in my school bag so I unhooked it from my shoulders and rummaged for it.

 

When I’ve finally got the keys, I immediately took it out and accidentally dropped it. I reached over in hurry to catch it when I hit my head with someone’s.

 

“AH!” We both screamed in pain.

 

Sehun was able to fetch the keys in advance of me but our heads bumped into each other. My forehead throbbed in pain while Sehun held his eye closed while groaning.

 

“Yah! How can you be so clumsy?” He protested, still with his hand on his eye as he inserted the key in the key hole.

 

“Don’t you dare blame me!” I shouted at him while rubbing my aching forehead.

 

We both entered the house and I immediately grabbed ice from the refrigerator. Sehun, on the other hand, located for a mirror which he found in the bathroom.

 

“Aish…” I heard him complain in irritation. I rolled my eyes at his annoying attitude and followed him to the bathroom to give him a pack of ice cubes.

 

He left the bathroom door opened so his image looking at his self was clearly visible. He was leaning towards the mirror and gently massaging the area around his left eye.

 

When he saw me approaching, he immediately turned his head at me with a deadly glare. “Look at what you’ve done!” He pointed at his now blue-patched eye.

 

“Stop blaming me and put this on it.” I threw him the pack of ice and pushed him aside to look at myself too.

 

I was horrified when I saw a Ping-Pong ball sized bump on my forehead. It stood out with the same color as Sehun’s. “Your black eye is not as bad as what I’ve got!” I threw my hands in frustration and angrily walked out of the bathroom.

 

I went back to the kitchen to fill an ice bag with ice cubes. After that, I stomped towards my room to get change.

 

I sighed as I took a look at myself again on the mirror. How can I ever explain this to Kai and Luhan?

 

I turned to my closet and grabbed a comfortable oversized sweater and a pair of sweat pants. I ed my uniform and shook out of it when Sehun came barging in.

 

“…” I stared at him speechless as I felt blood rush to my cheeks.

 

Sehun looked at me from button to top and vice versa. Finally, his eyes landed on mine with the usual expressionless face of his.

 

“Oh…you are changing.” He muttered with a flat tone before he closed the door.

 

…What the hell?

Sehun

~

 

I closed the door and leaned against it as I slid down on the floor. I covered my face with my palms and cursed at myself. Aish! Oh Sehun! What did you just do?!

 

I mentally slapped myself as the image of Raemi wearing nothing but her undergarments flashed in my thoughts. “Gahhhhh.!” I ruffled my hair—trying to shake the picture out of my head.

 

The door knob turned and before I knew it, I was on the floor. Raemin stared down at me with hateful eyes and flushed face. “What are you still doing here?!”  She scolded and kneeled to slap me in every part of me that’s accessible to her.

 

“You’re a ert! Get out of my house before I call the police!” She continued hitting me with her weak fists.

 

“Yah! Yah! Stop!” I restrained her hands and pushed her against the wall. I felt an unusual movement in my chest as our faces came close together.

 

“Do you think of me that lowly?” I asked her in a whisper.

 

“L-l-let go of me!” She squeaked out in a stutter. Raemin avoided eye contact and firmly stared sideways. Her cheeks burned bright red and she hopelessly struggled against my grip.

 

“I won’t until you answer my question.” I countered with the same tone of voice. It was hard to keep my calm which was unnatural for me. I’ve never been nervous nor did I feel this unstable emotion.

 

“No.” She easily gave up and accepted her defeat unlike the competitive her. I was unsatisfied with the fact that she answered me just to be free from my grasp. But I still released her as promised.

 

“Good. Let’s start studying.” I walked to the living room with my hands in my pocket and sat on the floor before the center table. I fetched the things I need from my bag and laid them out on the table.

 

Raemin followed silently with her textbook, pen and paper held tightly against her chest. She looked at me hesitantly as if planning to run out of the apartment.

 

“Aren’t you going to sit?” I asked her with a cocked brow.

 

She bit her lips and sat in front of me in the same irritating silence. Really, I hate trying to understand this girl. She’s so bipolar.

 

“Okay, let’s start with advanced algebra.” I opened my textbook to where the topic was and picked up my pen. Raemin looked for the same page and took her writing material as well.

 

“Okay, answer numbers 1-5.” I told her after explaining how to find the equations in a circle.

 

Raemin nodded with determination and scribbled the solutions on a scratch paper. I can’t help but observe how she bites her lower lip when she’s solving and how her forehead crumples when she’s having a hard time with a number.

 

“I don’t know how to solve number 5.” She looked up from her paper to me with a frustrated expression. Her lips turned down in a cute manner as she asked for help.

 

“Hmmm…given these endpoints of the diameter, you are going to look for the equation right?” I  asked her and looked up to see her nodding.

 

“But I only know how to look for the equation given the center and the radius.” She tapped her book with her pen and sighed.

 

“That’s right. To look for the equation, you need the center and radius. Given these two endpoints, what you need to do is find the center first.”

 

I leaned over and wrote on her paper the formula needed to find the center.

 

“ center is equal to the midpoint formula. That is X sub1 plus X sub 2 divided by two and Y sub 1 plus Y sub 2 divided by 2.” I dictated while writing it at the same time.

 

“Got it?” I asked her.

 

“Ne…” She replied with a concentrated tone.

 

“Good. Now, after looking for the center, you’ll need the radius. To get the radius you’ll use the distance formula. You’ll replace the value of x with the center and y with one end point. So, replacing them with the values given…”

 

Still leaning over, I swiftly solved for the answer.

 

“Do you understand now?” I asked.

 

“Ne. Komawoyo Sehun!” I looked up from her paper to witness how close I was to her. My bangs almost touched her forehead. Raemin was smiling at me and I don’t know why but I found that attractive.

 

A sudden urge pushed me to bring my hand to her. It landed at the back of her neck , near her ears—holding her steady in place.

 

Again, I felt the unusual movement in my chest. But this time, it was faster. As my eyes drowned in the pool of Raemi’s brown eyes, my body felt a rush that I’ve seldom encountered.

 

I swallowed in the silence. Right then, Raemi who was in also in a frozen state blinked up at me with a confused expression. As she was about to move her lips—probably intending to protest—I placed mine softly against hers.

 

Oh Sehun…What are you doing?

 

On second thought…No.

 

I should have asked this instead.

 

 What is Raemin doing to me?


 

Hulalalala~~~

Ohohoho~ :3

Don't forget to upvote, subscribe and comment!

Gong Xi Fa Cai!

-faye_lee

A/N: Have you been watching EXO Showtime? :D