V: They can't remember

The Grim Reaper

 


“You almost damaged my ear drums, Raemin…” Luhan yawned while rubbing his eyes open. He’s still unaware of the three grim reapers that are very attentive to their every move.

Kai on the other hand groaned in his sleep.

“Five more minutes….” He mumbled and covered his head with his arms.
“Ahhh!!! He’s the ghost! Luhan that guy’s a ghost!” Raemin pointed her shaky finger at Sehun. Luhan was finally out of daze and looked up to see three godly figures staring intently at them.

“Er, sorry. My friend here is…not at the right mind right now.” Luhan stood up and rubbed the back of his neck in embarrassment. He shot a worried look at Raemin who hid behind him.

Raemin was hugging Luhan’s  legs to prevent him from stepping away. She was peeking at Sehun whose gaze was also fixed on her.

How did he follow me here? And who’s those two other guys? Are they here to haunt me too?

Raemin shivered at those thoughts and ducked her face behind Luhan’s long legs again.

“Come on, let’s just go.” Sehun hooked his arm with his unmoving hyungs. The two stayed planted on the ground like statues, marvelled by the three damp humans before their eyes.

“This is interesting…” Kris muttered with a smirk. He is eyeing Raemin like a shining new toy.

Sehun froze. He knew that Kris is now up to something stupid again. Kris is a huge enthusiast of discovering and risking things. His childish acts and ideas might just put them in danger.

“Look, hyung, there’s no point in talking to them. Come on!” Sehun whispered and tugged on Kris’s arm but he wouldn’t bulge. He looked to Chen for help but he seems just as interested as Kris.

Shoot. What did I get myself into?

Sehun mentally slapped his face in regret.

Kris turned his head to Luhan and smiled his friendly smile. Although—it appeared unintentionally seductive to the others’ eyes and created an awkward mood.

“We’re fine. I know this is kind of random but, would you agree to eat dinner with us? We were just on the way to some shop that sells the best fried chicken.” Kris said thoughtfully with a helpful shrug.

“Actually, we just ate. Thanks for the off-“ Luhan was cut off when Kai suddenly jerked from his sleep and sat up with his bed hair.

“Chicken? Who said chicken? I want chicken!” Kai looked around frantically searching for his beloved food.

“Uhm, Kai, I think it’s not a good idea to eat chick-“ Raemin started to say but was cut off again by Kai’s tantrums.

“But, I want chicken!!!!” Kai shook his fists in a very stubborn way, surprising the three grim reapers.

What the…? Kai…?

Sehun thought indifferently.

“Okay, we’re gonna get your chicken then.” Chen said, holding his palms up in defense.

“Who’s this guy?” Kai looked at Luhan only to be answered by a shrug.

“Oh, I’m so sorry for being so rude. By the way, my name is Kris. This is Chen and Sehun.”

Kris gestured to the two beside him. Chen waved cheerily while Sehun looked away, sulking.

“And you guys are going to buy us chicken?” Kai asked, his eyes were shining bright like diamonds. Oh, for the sake of chickens he was willing to go with three handsomely-suspicious strangers.

Kris nodded—glad that Kai was biting the bait.

“I REALLY don’t think it’s a good idea to-“ Raemin finally had the courage to say. She’s been itching to tell Luhan and Kai that she is positive that these guys aren’t good. Who would offer a free dinner right after being shouted at as a supernatural creature? But she couldn’t tell them at this moment. She wouldn’t want to sound rude especially in the presence of 3 ghosts.

“YOSH! Let’s get to my babies shall we?” Kai didn’t let Raemin finish whatever she was saying. As if Chen and Kris were his best friends for a long time, he slung his arms around their shoulders and pulled them away.

_________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

Raemin’s Pov:

I can’t freaking believe this. Kai you’re going to get it. You just wait.

I am freaking squeezed between this four lean guys at the back seats of Luhan’s supposed to be four seated car. The gigantic guy—Kris—gratefully sat on the shot gun seat. I can’t imagine him trying to fit himself here at the back.

Kai whistled happily as Luhan drove to the food chain. I want to give a damn series of punching to Kai right here, right now. We haven’t cleaned up ourselves from the food fight. Neither have we dried up after the dip in the lake.

“Uhm… is it only me? I smell chocolates.”

The ghost boy Sehun wrinkled his nose and sniffed the air. Thankfully, Kai was between us or it couldn’t be any more awkward than it already is.

“Oh, that’s probably Raemin. She had a few chocolate cake slices on her hair from the food fight.” Kai said casually, running his hands over his own hair.

“Oh, like it’s my fault? Who were these jackasses who dumped them on me huh?” I scoffed, rolling my eyes at him then at Luhan.

“Hey, don’t blame us. You were the one who started it…” Kai shrugged, jabbing his thumb at me.

“It wouldn’t have happened if you didn’t go kidnapping me early in the morning!”

“We didn’t kidnap you.” Luhan and Kai chimed together.

“Well, what do you call that then?”

“It’s celebrating.” Luhan smiled at the rearview mirror, meeting my eyes.

“And having fun.” Kai on the other hand threw his hands up in the air and started dancing minimally.

“Kai, stop that! I’m going to fall off the seat!” I protested, trying my best to squeeze back in, earning groans from Chen and Sehun.

“Oh yeah?!” Kai didn’t stop his stupid jerk moves and butted me out of my seat.

“Yah! KIM JONGIN!” I shouted at the top of my lungs as I struggled to sit back.

“Not so fast, young lady...” Kai said and poked my sides.

Oh, god no.

“Yah!!!” that was the last thing I got out from my mouth before I erupted into fits of laughter.

_________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

Sehun's POV:

“Are they always like this?”

I heard Kris hyung asked Luhan.

“More than you could ever know.” He replied, shaking his head sideways while grinning.

I looked at the helpless state if Raemin as she struggled against Kai’s muscular arms. She looked so fragile and vulnerable compared to it. I don’t know if Kai wanted to kill her of suffocation since he hasn’t stopped for 3 minutes now. Chen hyung on the other hand can’t hide his amusement with Kai.

One thing is for sure. Both Kai and Luhan don’t remember us now. And with the way they portray themselves before; it’s definitely far away from how they act right now.

Raemin appeared to be red and tired by now but Kai doesn’t seem to notice that. It was like he’s endless. Can’t he see what he’s doing? He’s hurting her!

“Could you please stop that?” I finally earned the guts to say that.

I grabbed Raemin’s arm and pulled her up. Kai looked at me with an incredulous expression, questioning my meddling and difference.

“Can’t you see? She’s feeling difficult.”

I helped the girl up—who happens to be named Raemin—and scooted over for her to sit beside me.

“Er… thanks.” She said, almost inaudible. She hesitantly sat beside me and shot a glare at Kai, causing him to smile sheepishly.

Kris and Chen looked at me with a brow raised. I gave them a ‘what?’ look that they didn’t ignore.

I noticed Raemin doing her best to keep as far away from me. She’s squeezing Kai beside her who seems to be battling with her too. Why would she do that?

Oh… right, ‘cause she’s afraid of me. She knew me as the mysterious ghost of her apartment. I mentally slapped my face for forgetting that.

“Look, about the last time we met, could we forget abou-“ I tried whispering to her but she cut me off.

“I don’t want to talk about it. Just stop please. What are your intentions anyway? Why are you following me around?” She whispered back, thick irritation coating her voice.

She surprised me with her tone. I wasn’t even doing anything wrong. Is that what you do to someone who just saved you?

“First of all, I am not stalking you, okay?” I stated clearly, crossing my arms in front of my chest.

“Who said anyone about stalking?” Her volume was rising up and I can’t help but turn mine louder too.

“Okay, then. I’m not following you around.”

“Then what are you doing in the park and in my apartment?” She asked, knowing she’s winning the conversation.

“This isn’t going anywhere.” I muttered and turned my head away from her.

“Talk to me. I deserve an explanation.” She demanded stubbornly.

Woman, trust me, you don’t want to know the truth.

_________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

A/N:

Today, I broke my favorite blue bowl. I carelessly placed it on the sink and it fell. 

Oh well...