Thirty

A New Life As A Guy
1 Year Later

Tiffany's POV

I sighed as I waited for Jessica to arrive. The event that happened a year ago was still haunting me. Taeyeon got hurt just because of me. I was really scared that I would lose her. All I see was blood everywhere and I could not stop sobbing. Upon seeing my best friend and surprisingly with Sooyoung, I wiped the tears away from my eyes and put on a smile.

 

"Forget the past Tiff. What's over is over," Jessica said to me as she got closer to me. Sometimes, I hate her for knowing a lot about me.

 

"Jessica's right. Taeyeon wouldn't want to see you cry," Sooyoung added.

 

"I just can't help it. She did so much for me and I did nothing," I said as tears were threatening to escape again.

 

Jessica patted my shoulder. "Yes you did something. You loved her back. That's the best gift for her," she told me.

 

"Come on. Let's go somewhere to cheer you up. It is your birthday," Sooyoung said.

 

"The shikshin here is right," Jessica agreed to Sooyoung.

 

Sooyoung shrugged. "That's better than calling me an annoying giant," she muttered.

 

Jessica glared at Sooyoung and I can't help but to let out a giggle. The both of them looked at me and grinned. They held my hand each and dragged me away.

 

We ended up at the amusement park after the two fought a lot. I looked at the sky and sighed for the nth time. I wish Taeyeon is here with us. It isn't fun without her.

 

"Yah, come back here you annoying giant!" I heard Jessica's voice and was brought back to reality. They really can't stop fighting for at least a day huh?

 

"Yah! Stop calling me that you lazy !" Sooyoung shouted back at Jessica. I shook my head. A lot of people were looking weirdly at them. I want to say I don't know them but sadly I can't since they're my closest friends.

 

I saw Yuri creeping behind Jessica and wrapped her arms around my best friend's waist. I looked at Sooyoung and saw her did a fist pump. "Thank you so much Yul! I don't want to die early," she said dramatically.

 

"No problem. I don't want my prank buddy to die early too," Yuri said in the same tone.

 

"Stop it you guys. What happened to cheering me up?" I spoke up. The three of them stopped bickering and gave me a sheepish smile.

 

"Oh yeah, my father found this at the abandoned house," Yuri said and pulled out an item from her pocket.

 

My eyes widened when I realised it was Taeyeon's necklace. I took it from Yuri's hand and held onto it tightly. "This belongs to Taeyeon," I said softly.

 

Sulli's POV

After all that happened, Krystal and I were finally in our final year in university. Since it was the holidays, the both of us were at New Zealand, having our vacation. Krystal was holding onto my hand and had her head leaning on my shoulder.

 

"Who would have thought we'd come this far," Krystal said and looked at me with a grin. I smiled back and pecked her lips.

 

"You love me so much that you can't leave me," I told her and she slapped my arm. I chuckled and she pouted.

 

"You're so full of yourself," she said.

 

"You still love me though," I said. Krystal giggled and nodded her head. "You're so cute Jung Soojung."

 

"You're cute too oppa~" Krystal sang. It was my turn to pout.

 

"I am not your oppa," I told her.

 

"Yes you are. You forgot?" Krystal said and gave a teasing smile.

 

"You win this time," I gave in. We settled down at a quiet spot on the beach and looked at the sun setting. I wonder how things are going in Korea. Krystal started humming to a song and I closed my eyes to listen to her sweet voice.

 

She stopped humming and I felt her lips on my own. At first, it was just a peck on the lips but then Krystal got on top of me and deepened our kiss. She wrapped her arms around my neck while mine were around her waist. For the moment, we did not care whether anyone saw us or not. We were just enjoying in each other's embrace.

 

Our foreheads rested against each other and Krystal giggled. "What's so funny?" I asked.

 

"Nothing. It's just that this feels so right. You and I together. I don't want us to end," Krystal replied.

 

I smiled and pulled Krystal into a hug. Krystal leaned her head on my shoulders. "Thanks for putting up with my crazy antics and my dorky side. Thinking about the past, I can't believe that I use to have a crush on Minho oppa. You're better than him," I said and Krystal slapped my back. "It's painful!" I whined.

 

"Then don't mention anyone's name especially him. This should be a special moment for us," Krystal said lowly.

 

"Sorry," I apologized and kissed the crown of her head. Krystal changed her position and leaned her head on my chest.

 

"Krystal? Sulli?" a familiar voice said and the both of us turned.

 

It was Amber. What is she doing here?

 

Krystal's POV

Aish...what is Amber doing here? She looked at me and smiled. I rolled my eyes and she chuckled. "Don't worry. I've moved on. I have a girlfriend now," Amber said and grinned. My eyes widened and I bet Jinri was showing the same expression.

 

A girl who was slightly tanned walked towards Amber and held her hands. "Meet Luna, my girlfriend," Amber introduced her girlfriend. Luna bowed slightly and smiled.

 

"Wow. Congrats!" Jinri said with a grin. I giggled at Jinri's action. Why is she so cute?

 

Amber chuckled and looked at her watch. "Do you two want to hang out together with us? It's only 7," she asked.

 

I looked at Jinri and she shrugged. "I'm fine with it," she told me.

 

"Great!" Amber said. "Let's go watch a movie."

 

At the cinema, there were a lot of people and Amber was already queuing with Luna unnie. Amber picked 'The Conjuring' and I could see Jinri's face turning pale. Although she is the guy of the relationship, she still has her own fear and I find it really cute.

 

"You're scared aren't you?" I teased Jinri.

 

"N-no I'm not," Jinri stuttered.

 

"No worries I will protect you," I told her and pecked her lips.

 

"We've gotten the tickets. Let's go buy the snacks," Amber said and handed the tickets out. I smiled at Jinri and she returned back a small one. We bought our snacks and entered the theatre.

 

Halfway through the movie, Jinri had her eyes closed. Although the movie was scary, I was not as scared as Jinri was. Amber noticed how Jinri was reacting and I knew she was silently laughing to herself. I felt someone tapped my shoulder and it was Jinri who was giving me a really scared look. "How long more until the movie ends?" she asked.

 

"There's about half an hour more," I answered.

 

Jinri groaned and leaned against her seat. I giggled and continued watching the movie.

 

Once the movie ended, Jinri was back to life. Amber punched her shoulders and asked, "How was it? It wasn't that scary right?"

 

Jinri glared at Amber and I stopped her from doing anything idiotic. Amber scoffed and asked me, "How can you have a girlfriend who is scared of a movie?"

 

"At least she isn't a jerk like you. You're lucky Luna unnie accepted to be your girlfriend. If I told her how you used to stalk me and everything, I don't think she would like you," I said to her coldly.

 

"Are you guys done talking? I'm hungry now," Jinri spoke up. I could see that she was glaring at Amber from the corner of her eyes.

 

"I know a place!" Luna unnie exclaimed. From what Luna unnie had told me, she loves finding restaurants whenever she goes overseas.

 

"Lead us the way," I told Luna unnie and walked away with Jinri. It seems like Amber wasn't over me yet.

 

Things did not went well during the dinner. Jinri and I were back at our hotel feeling exhausted. Amber and Luna unnie had broken up after Amber tried to force me to kiss her. How could she do that in front of her own girlfriend?

 

"I pity Luna unnie. How could Amber just do that?" Jinri said in an annoyed tone.

 

"Let's not get into their problem," I mumbled and got on top of Jinri. She wrapped her arms around my waist and I kissed her cheek. You should know what happened next. Jinri changed our position and the rest you could think about it yourself.

 

Author's POV (Flashback)

Sooyoung did not know what to do. Siwon had his finger on the gun on the first pressure and one more press Sooyoung would die. Sooyoung looked around the place. She saw that Taeyeon was lying on the ground and gasped. "You're a monster," Sooyoung gritted. Siwon chuckled.

 

All of the sudden, Yuri attacked Siwon from the back and the gun fell from Siwon's hand. She had hit the guy with the same pole he hit Taeyeon.

 

"Yah Kwon Yuri, where's the freaking police?!" Sooyoung shouted.

 

"They should be here a few minutes ago but I don't know where they are now," Yuri answered. She was also wondering where her father and his squad were.

 

"Stupid po-"

 

Speak of the devil, the squad entered and quickly arrested Siwon. Sooyoung rolled her eyes and muttered, "Finally."

 

"Appa, where were you?!" Yuri screamed at her own father. Tears were threatening to fall. "If you had come earlier, Taeyeon wouldn't get hit at the back of her and bleed profusely!"

 

Mr Kwon looked down. "I'm so sorry Yul. We have to send your friend quickly to the hospital before it gets bad," he said.

 

"Isn't that obvious?" Tiffany said as she glared at the officer. She did not want Taeyeon to die. She looked at Taeyeon's body being carried into the ambulance and Tiffany stood up. She ran towards the ambulance and asked the paramedic, "Can I follow? Taeyeon needs me." The latter just nodded and Tiffany entered the ambulance as well.

 

Tiffany's POV

I wanted to go home after being with Jessi, Yul and Soo for almost three hours but they did not want me to. More like did not allow me to go home. They brought me to a dress shop and made me try on different clothing. I tried to make them tell what was the occasion but they kept their mouth shut. I was surprised that Sooyoung would keep shut about this too.

 

About an hour later, they finally picked a dress for me and it was baby pink in colour. Jessica helped me put a little make up and touched up on my hair. Yuri then blindfolded me and they led me to a car.

 

"Where are you guys taking me to?" I asked but no one replied. All I heard was the starting of the engine and the car drove off. I was starting to panic. What if I am actually being kidnapped? No, they wouldn't do that to me. "W-who are you a-and where are you taking me?" I stuttered. I heard the person chuckle and it was familiar. Who could it be? The car stopped and I was brought out of the car. The person took my hand and led me the way. I felt excited all of the sudden and my heart was beating fast. Could it be...the person is actually...TaeTae?

 

We stopped walking and my blindfold was taken off. I was greeted by a smiling Taeyeon and I immediately hugged her. She chuckled and kissed my forehead.

 

"Happy Birthday Hwang Miyoung," she wished.

 

"You don't have to do all this you know. We could have just stayed at home," I told Taeyeon.

 

"I wanted your birthday to be special. Sorry I took a long time to prepare. I owe a lot to Soo, Yul and Sica," Taeyeon said and smiled sheepishly.

 

I released myself from the hug and pecked her lips. "Wait," I told her as I remembered about the necklace. I pulled it out from my bag and put it around Taeyeon's neck. She took a look at it and we hugged again.

 

"I thought I lost it. Who found it?" she asked.

 

"Yuri's dad," I replied.

 

Taeyeon just nodded and held onto my hand. "Come on. Let's have dinner first. I have a surprise afterwards," she grinned.

 

"I love you TaeTae," I told her.

 

"I love you more Fany," she told me.

 

This is the best birthday ever!

 


A/N: Did anyone thought Taeyeon is dead in the first Tiffany's POV?

 

Anyways...the next chapter will be the last T.T I will miss writing this and you guys can finally know who Jessica ends up with:3