One

A New Life As A Guy

 

Bold means they are talking in English :)

 

Taeyeon's POV

"You lost Taengoo. Now, for the rest of your senior year in University, you have to dress as a guy," my playful and annoying brother, Jiwoong, said with a smirk.

 

That, was how I became a guy by force. I looked at myself in the mirror and scowled. Why did I agree to the bet? This was my first time in Korea after living in England for twenty two years. Now, being twenty three, I was in Korea to finish of my university studies. I was lucky that my Korean is really fluent. Other than that, I can also speak fluent English but I rarely use it.

 

"Taeyeon unnie, are you done yet?" my favourite cousin, Sulli, asked. I felt sorry for dragging her into my situation but she told me it was alright. She told me that as long as I was with her, everything would be fine.

 

After putting on the blazer, I left my room and went to the kitchen for breakfast. My parents smiled at me while my annoying brother grinned widely at me. "Morning umma and appa," I greeted and stuck my tongue out at Jiwoong. Sulli finally came down and she gave a peck on my cheek.

 

"Morning Ssul," I said and hugged her.

 

"Why didn't you greet me? I'm your oppa or should I say hyung?" Jiwoong whined but then smirked.

 

"Good morning Jiwoong hyung," I said sarcastically and rolled my eyes.

 

"Stop it you two. Taengoo, Sulli, you both look really handsome in the uniform," my father, Kim KangIn, said. "Let's eat breakfast now. You don't want to be late for your first day right?"

 

After breakfast, Sulli and I left the house or should I say mansion. None of the people in Korea knew that I was the daughter of the famous Kim so I had to act normal. My parents did not want to put any burden on me so I was thankful of that. Handing a helmet to Sulli, the both of us put on our helmets. I got on the bike first and Sulli sat behind me. She put her hands on my shoulder and I drove off to school.

 

After parking the bike, Sulli and I entered the front door and went straight to the principal's office. We bowed at the principal and stood awkwardly in front of her. By reading her nametag, I think I was supposed to address her as Principal Ahn. "Take a sit, Mr Kim and Mr Choi," she instructed us. The both of us nodded her head and took a sit.

 

"Here's your schedule Mr Kim. Jang Wooyoung will be showing you around the school," Principal Ahn told me. "And Mr Choi, here's your schedule. Since you're a freshman, second year student Choi Minho will show you around."

 

"Thank you Principal Ahn," Sulli and I said. We bowed at her once again and left the room. Two guys were standing in front of us and they had a smile on their face. "I am Jang Wooyoung. Which one of you is Kim Taeyeon?" the tall, blond, guy asked and showed a charming smile. I took a step forward and bowed at him.

 

"I'm Kim Taeyeon," I answered.

 

The guy, Wooyoung, put his arm around me and started showing me around. I turned around and smiled sadly at Sulli before I walked away with Wooyoung.

 

Jang Wooyoung is a nice guy. He was down-to-earth and friendly. I met a few of his friends and made friends with some of them. We walked to the lecture room together and on cue, the lecturer entered the room as well. He gave me a nod and told me to stand in front to introduce myself.

 

"My name is Kim Taeyeon and I come from England. Please take care of me," I introduced myself and bowed. The girls started squealing and some of the boys looked at me with jealousy. I need to get use with this.

 

"Please take a sit beside Miss Hwang and we will begin the lecture soon," Mr Shin said and pointed at the empty seat beside a sleeping girl. I tilted my head and girls started squealing again. I made my way to my seat and put my books on the table. I saw Wooyoung looking at me and I mouthed to him that I was alright. I sat down and could not help to feel curious of the girl beside me.

 

"Err...miss," I said and shook her body. "The lecture is starting soon. Please wake up?" I said nicely.

 

" off," she said in English. She did not move from her position though.

 

"What the...? That is extremely rude!" I screamed in my head. I pouted and faced the front, not bothering to talk to her again.

 

Halfway through the lecture, the girl woke up and groaned. I diverted my attention to her and I have to say, she was really pretty like an angel. Wait, I'm straight. I should not be describing her like that! She saw me looking at her and I quickly look away. "Why is this midget sitting beside me?" I heard her mutter. I clenched my jaw and ignored her.  She stood up and asked Mr Shin, "What is he doing beside me? Didn't I say I want to sit alone?"

 

"Settle down Miss Hwang. Mr Kim is a new student and the only empty seat is beside you," replied Mr Shin monotonously. Looks like he was used to it.

 

"Why can he sit beside me and not Taecyeon?" she scowled.

 

"I don't want you two to be making out while I'm teaching," Mr Shin said. "Now settle down. You're wasting my time."

 

She glared at me and grabbed her bag. She left the room and no one bothered about her. I shrugged and went back to listening to the lecture. I don't think that it will be easy making friends with her like how it was easy to make friends with Wooyoung. She must have a problem at home or maybe herself. "No matter what, I'm going to make friends with her," I said to myself. "Taengoo fighting~!"

 

Sulli's POV

After Wooyoung oppa dragged my cousin away, Minho oppa looked at me and smiled. "Jinri right?" he said. I nodded my head and he smiled once again. "Call me Minho hyung alright? Hope we can be friends," he said and pulled his hand out for a handshake. I shook his hand and he started showing me around the place.

 

"Help me! My scary sister is chasing after me! I'm too young to die!" someone shouted. I saw her holding what it looked like a cucumber and saw two people running behind her. Minho oppa grabbed Krystal's hand and stopped the other two girls. "Yah Minho! What did I tell you about stopping me?" the blonde asked.

 

"I'm sorry noona but aren't you too harsh on Krystal?" Minho oppa asked a question back.

 

I felt my heart skipped a beat when I saw the girl, Krystal, looking at me. I smiled slightly at her and looked back at Minho oppa talking to the blonde. "Class is starting Jessi. Forget about it," the brunette, who was running along with them, spoke. The blonde glared at Minho oppa and Krystal and walked away. The brunette apologized to us and followed her friend.

 

"Jinri, this is Krystal Jung. She is in the same course as you. Would you mind taking her to class, Krys?" Minho oppa introduced me to Krystal. The latter grinned at me and linked her arm with mine. "See you later Jinri," Minho oppa said and smiled before leaving. I felt my cheeks heating up and I breathed in and out a few times.

 

"Shall we go now Jinri? It's funny your name sounds like a girl," Krystal giggled.

 

I rubbed my neck awkwardly and shrugged. "But I don't care because you are cute," she continued. She left me speechless and pulled me all the way to the lecture hall which I dreaded to go to.

 

--

 

All of us were finally dismissed and I was waiting for Taeyeon unnie with Minho oppa. Once I saw Taeyeon unnie, I waved at her and she ran towards me giving me a hug. I saw Minho oppa looking at us weirdly and I pushed Taeyeon unnie away. She grinned at me and said, "Wooyoung asked us out for lunch. Let's go!"

 


 

A/N: Sorry for the short update but it will get longer I promise. I am sorry if it is a little boring *bows ninety degree*