Chapter 012

A Cafe Accident


 

Hazel's Shattered Dream

Hazel's Shattered Dream

 Chapter Twelve    

 tumblr_mszaqvAGZ01rgpyeqo1_250.gif  

~Beep. Beep. Beep~

 

The sound from the hospital apparatus sounded through the ward as the sunlight filtered through the window bind. The sun ray shone on the cheerful sunflower that's placed in the vase beside the bed. Hazel slowly woke up and what greeted was the white ceiling of the hospital ward.

 

Sensing movement on the bed, TaeMin, who was sleeping woke up. “You woke up, how are you feeling?” TaeMin stood up and sat beside her. “Why am I here?” Hazel asked as she tried to get up.

 

“You're involved in a hit and run accident yesterday,” TaeMin explained as he helped her to sit up.

 

Hazel nodded and looked at the cast on her right leg. “Oppa, what happened to my leg?” Hazel asked, worried. Tears can be seen in her eyes as she held onto TaeMin's hand. TaeMin was hesitant on whether he should tell her what happened. He was afraid that she couldn't take the blow and mentally collapse. But, if he should keep it longer from her, the blow to her will be even more unbearable.

 

TaeMin sighed and told her...

 

 

Meanwhile, JiMin, Key and the rest of Hazel's friend were rushing to the hospital after receiving a text message from TaeMin last night about her getting involved in an accident. When they reached her ward, what they saw from the glass panel on the door was Hazel crying while hugging onto TaeMin. TaeMin's expression was sad but he was trying to comfort her.

 

JiMin teared up a little seeing her best friend in that state, she feel sorry for her. They stayed outside and after an hour, TaeMin walked out of the ward, when Hazel is asleep.

 

“What happened to her?” JiMin asked as soon as TaeMin came out.

 

TaeMin looked at them and sighed...

 

 

Flashback; Last Night

“Doctor, what happened to Hazel? Is she okay?” TaeMin asked as soon as the doctor came out from the operation theater.

 

The doctor sighed, “her life is not in danger, but...”

 

“But what?”

 

“She may have to be wheelchair bond for her life,” the doctor said and TaeMin just stared at the doctor, eyes widen.

 

“Why?”

 

“Because of the impact of the speeding car, and the impact was mostly on her right knee and the tissue and her bone of her knee is greatly injured, she's unable to walk or move now, although her left leg is fine,” the doctor explained.

 

“F-For the rest of her life?” TaeMin repeated, not believing what he just heard is true.

 

“Unfortunately, yes. However, some patient like her actually recovered after they undergo rehabilitation. So it's up to her if she wants to go for it, but we strongly recommend her to go.” The doctor gave TaeMin a comforting pat on her back and walked away...

End of Flashback

 

 

“He must be kidding right? What will happen to her career? All her hard work for the past five years, it's all gone,” JiMin muttered as she tear up upon hearing what TaeMin told them.

 

The rest of the people felt sorry and sad for her as well. They went into her ward and saw that Hazel is still sleeping. TaeMin her hair as he sighed. Seeing his girl in this state hurts him too.

 

“TaeMin ah, let's go get something to eat, we'll buy some of her favorite food too, she might be hungry after she wakes up,” Onew said.

 

“Shilro, you guys can go ahead,” TaeMin muttered softly.

 

“Come on,” Onew encouraged.

 

“JiMin and I will stay and look after her, so you guys go ahead,” Key said.

 

“See?” Onew smiled a little at TaeMin and TaeMin went off with them reluctantly.

 

When they reached the cafeteria down at the first floor of the hospital. “Don't be like this, your girlfriend won't be able to be happy if you're like this. You should be strong for her, so that you can cheer her up,” Onew told TaeMin.

 

“Hyung...”

 

“I already know you guys were together,” Onew smiled.

 

“We know too!” JongHyun and MinHo went to TaeMin and gave him a brotherly hug.

 

“Be strong for her, she needs you the most now,” MinHo patted the younger on his back.

 

“Hyung... Gomawo,” TaeMin smiled.

 

 

After they ate, they bought food for Key and JiMin, not to forget, Hazel's favorite sushi. When they went up, Hazel was already awake, seated on her bed, looking out of the window, all quiet.

 

“She refused to talk to us,” JiMin told TaeMin as soon as the three returned.

 

“Hazel-ah, we bought your favorite sushi,” TaeMin chimed and went towards her to see that another drop of tear escape her eyes. TaeMin put the pack of sushi down and wipe her tears away with his thumb. “Hazel-ah, you'll be able to walk again, I promise, as long as you go for the rehabilitation.”

 

“It's gone, everything.. it's all gone,” Hazel muttered through her muffled sobs. “My dream, the Paris fashion show, my company's project, it's gone in a flash...”

 

TaeMin caged her in his comforting arms as Hazel buried her face in his broad shoulder and cried.

 

JiMin teared up too at the scene in front of her. Key gave a piece of tissue while he put his arm around her shoulder and rubbed it with his palm. “Don't cry,” Key told her softly.

 

JiMin nodded and wipe her tears away.

 
                                           tumblr_mszaqvAGZ01rgpyeqo1_250.gif
Author's  note tumblr_mopo8wX3Wh1svc92fo1_500.jpg
What is going to happen to Hazel? OMG
 
>Please comment and subscribe. Thank you.
 
tumblr_mopo8wX3Wh1svc92fo1_500.jpg
 
Layout credit owns to: EXO Growl Layout Shop