SPY

Gotcha Number

 

KH (Kyuhyun): so where are they?

D: I don’t know

KH: are you serious? You called me out then you don’t know? You just wanted to see me didn’t you?

D: I’m kidding of course I know where they are

D quickly turned around started texting C while Kyuhyun tried to be unnoticed by the pedestrians.

 

D219: where are you?

C_89: out with Donghae oppa, I told you remember?

D219: yeah but I mean, where? In case of emergency you know

C_89: oh…we’re in this pizza place somewhere in Apgujeong but we’re about to leave

D219: where?

C_89: I’m not sure

 

DH (Donghae): who was that?

C: just my friend, she was asking where I was

DH: oh okay, so shall we?

She nervously gave her hand to him as they left the pizza place. It was cold and the 2 of them were wrapped up in jackets and scarves. She was nervously looking out the window of his car as she watched snow lightly fall to the ground. Donghae smiled as he turned the heater up.

C: where are we going?

DH: ever been to the Han River before?

C: no…I mean, when I arrived it was the beginning of winter so it was cold

She was still shaking. In addition to the freezing cold which she was not used to, she was in the same car with her bias and they were on a date. Something she still found hard to believe.

 

D: let’s go!

KH: where?

D: I know where

KH: you better tell me first or else I’m not moving from this spot!

D: she said some pizza place in Apgujeong

KH: you’re kidding right? There’s like hundreds of those, I’m not wasting my whole night searching each one

D: so you’d rather sit in your dorm, stewing while the girl you like is out on a date with your friend?

KH: you are as evil as your friend, you know that right?

D: that’s why we’re friends, so c’mon!

 

He just followed her out of the station and when they reached the sidewalk, she pulled out her map. Kyuhyun just laughed at how weird she looked when she tried to read Korean.

D: instead of just laughing, why not help me? I’m not doing this for myself you know!

KH: are we seriously going to go to every pizza place there?

D: well…she did say something about going somewhere else after

KH: and you only tell me this now? So where are they going?

D: she didn’t say

KH: oh great. Genius. Anything else I need to know before I waste another 10 minutes talking to you?

D: she just said that he’s taking her somewhere after, do you know?

KH: how would I…..? oh I know where

He quickly started walking until they reached a bus stop and got on. Thankfully no one recognized him as they sat. D wanted to spazz like crazy because she was seated next to her bias and at that moment she didn’t care how rude he was earlier.

D: where are we going?

KH: just shut up and follow me

 

C: wow! It’s so pretty!

C sat on a bench that was on the bank of the river. The wind was really cold but everything looked so serene, it was like everything was under a white blanket of snow. She just smiled and held out her hand to catch a few snowflakes. Donghae was seated right next to her but he wasn’t looking at the view. He was smiling as he looked at her. She looked like an innocent child discovering snow for the first time. She felt him looking at him and immediately covered her cheeks and blushed.

DH: is it your first time seeing snow?

C: kind of, well I did see snow once when I was 4

DH: 4? Wow no wonder you looked so amazed by it now

She just smiled and looked up again at the sky. The water from the Han River gave off a cool breeze too which caused C to shake a little. The place was very quiet because they were the only ones there…or so they thought.

 

D: and how do you know they’ll be here?

KH: trust me okay? Donghae hyung always brings the girls he dates here

D: but it’s freezing!

KH: just be quiet or they might hear you!

The 2 were hiding behind a tree as they tried to spot C and Donghae. Kyuhyun suddenly brought out his binoculars which caused D to give him a strange look.

KH: what?

D: you actually brought binoculars?

KH: I just like being prepared!

D just shrugged her shoulders and started scoping the place too. At almost 20 feet away, Kyu spotted a couple seated on a bench.

KH: I think I see them!

D: where? *grabs binoculars*

KH: *grabs back* get your own!

Kyu continued to look at the 2 who were completely oblivious to the whole situation.

 

DH: 괜찮아 (are you okay)? Your cheeks are so pink

C quickly cupped her own face with her mittens. Donghae put his hands over hers to keep her warmer. She just looked into his eyes and so did he. They both felt instant warmth. The snow started to fall harder but it was like they were in a sauna. They barely felt the cold while just staring at each other.

 

There was a moment of silence and Donghae just gulped. He slowly closed the gap between them with his hands still on her cheeks. They both slowly closed their eyes. They could feel each others’ warm breaths and they were centimeters apart.

 

“야 (hey)!!”

 

They both quickly stopped and turned to the direction from which the shot came from. They were definitely surprised to see D and Kyuhyun fighting over the binoculars. Donghae immediately frowned at Kyuhyun while C did at D.

 

The 2 stopped arguing when they realized they were caught. They just gave guilty smiles as they waved at their friends.