London Calling

Gotcha Number

 

 

 

 

 

Everyone was silent as they stared at Kyuhyun. They all knew about his feelings for C and they've looked past the incident which almost ruined his friendship with Donghae. What has possessed him to bring it up again? And in front of everyone.

Donghae put on his poker face and slowly looked at C who felt so awkward, she wanted to run out of the restaurant right then and there. He could feel her tension so he held her hand even tighter under the table.

 

"why are you doing this?"

 

All the people that were present, including Kyuhyun's sister Ahra looked at the person who spoke up. D put her hands on the table and stood up to look at Kyuhyun.

D: why are you doing this, Kyuhyun?

Instead of giving an answer, he quickly grabbed her by the wrist and dragged her to the restroom. He walked so fast that Aiden was unable to react.

 

AR (Ahra): Donghae, i apologize for my brother's behavior

DH: no need to apologize, it's not your fault

AR: and...C? you seem like a nice person, i wish we would've met under better circumstances

C had mixed emotions. She felt very awkward because of the spot Kyuhyun put her in and she felt shy and nervous to meet Ahra for the first time. As a long-time fan of Super Junior, she only saw her in pictures and in videos. Seeing her up close and personal was surreal. Ahra turned to look at Aiden whose mind was elsewhere because he was looking at the direction where Kyuhyun dragged D to.

DH: oh, this is Aiden, a friend of ours

AR: nice to meet you...are you okay?

Aiden quickly snapped back to reality and looked at the pretty older woman who was talking to him.

AR: was she your girlfriend?

He just nodded at her and looked at the table.

AR: i'm sorry about my brother

 

 

D: ouch you're hurting me!

He finally let go of her wrist as soon as they were out on the sidewalk a few feet away from the restaurant where no one could see them.

D: what the hell is wrong with you??

KH: i tried to ignore it but i can't! I love C and seeing her with him is killing me!

D was stunned. This was the first time he actually said his true feelings out loud. She didn't know how to react. Her bias was pouring his heart out to her and she could see he was on the verge of crying.

D: i know it's hard...believe me

KH: how would you know?! you're with the person you like!

D: you think it's easy for me to see you like this? do you have any idea how much I have liked you? You're my bias! I know that sounds stupid and lame but it's true! I've been a fan of Super Junior for almost 3 years now and now you're telling me you love my best friend! It's killing me!

KH: what are you talking about?? you HAVE your boyfriend! and look at me, the only girl i've liked in a long time and now she's with Donghae hyung! how can i compete with him??

Their shouts were getting louder and were gaining attention from a few pedestrians who thankfully didn't recognize him.

 

"규현아. 그만해. 가자 (Kyuhyun-ah. stop it. let's go)"

 

They both turned to the direction from where the voice came from. D just looked at her in awe. She really was much prettier in person. Ahra held her brother's hand and pulled him away from D right after she gave an apologetic bow. D did the same and watched the sibling walk down the sidewalk until they turned a corner.

 

"are you okay?"

 

Aiden was standing in fron of her while holding her bag. She looked at him with a blank expression.

A: let's go home

 

DH: let's get out of here

C was just silent as she followed Donghae out of th restaurant and to his car. They kept on driving until they reached an empty beach. Because it was dark, the only lights that helped them see were from the street lights.

They sat on the beach and watched the waves. He put his arm around her as she leaned on his shoulder.

DH: i can't believe we're here again

It was the same beach they spent the night in. The beach where they ran away to when Kyuhyun confessed his feeling for C for the first time.

 

 

 

They let the months pass as they continued seeing each other but they were both less vocal about it. Donghae and Kyuhyun still had tension between them which of course wasn't left unnoticed by the members. They kept on bugging them about why there was awkwardness between them and they got tired of it.

Instead of becoming friends again, the two of them along with Ryeowook and Eunhyuk went to Germany for their vacation. They talked to each other but for very short periods of time. Donghae was still mad at Kyuhyun and so was the younger one.

The leaves started to change as summer ended and autumn began. D and Kyuhyun haven't spoken to each other ever since that night and neither of them wanted to bring it up.

 

 

C: How's London?

DH: cold..wish you were here

C: but you'll be home soon right?

DH: Eunhyuk and I will stay behind, we have to do something

C: Eunhae date?

DH: c'mon, you know i'd never cheat on you~ it's a surprise

C: tell me please^^

DH: 아직도 난 (Still you)

C: huh?

DH: that's a clue~ call you later okay?

 

D: Donghae?

C: yeah, he and Eunhyuk stayed behind in London

D: date?

C: exactly what I said

They both sighed as leaned against their couch and stared at the blank wall in front of them. With mugs of hot tea in their hands, they trioed to stay warm from the cold outside.

D: I haven't heard from Kyuhyun in a while

C: it's better this way

D turned to her friend who was still looking at nothing.

D: i don't mean this in the wrong way but have you tried looking at it from his point of view?

Before C could answer her friend, her phone rang again. She picked it up from the coffee table that was in front of them.

 

C: i thought you had something to do

DH: i forgot to tell you something

C: what? are you okay?

DH: 사랑해요 (I love you). I don't care about him. He's my friend and if he values our friendship, he'd be happy for me...for us

C: where is this all coming from?

DH: From me. C, 사랑합니다 (I love you).

C: I love you too...i can't wait for you to come home

DH: and i can't wait for the two of us to go to New York together